• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5 necessaries in every serious disc golfers bag... Ready go!

Water bottle
Mini
Dried Trail Mix
Phone
First Aid Kit

Not necessarily in that order but needed at some point during!

For me:
Smoke/Beer
Self defense
Towel
Mini Marker
Snack(s)

My wife:
Wet wipes
Water
Towel
Phone/speaker
Enough snacks to feed the entire course.

Blanket term but my wife and I have almost been assaulted by some unsavory people who frequent our local course. Also...bug spray.

Fair enough.

But given my travels, I'd say the need for self defense is highly "park specific." That's more a neighborhood/community situation than it is a disc golf need.

My guess is you'd want that self defense with you if you were simply picnicking or feeding the ducks in that park, and had no clue DG was even a thing.

I play for fun so I try not to be "serious" when enjoying a round (see thread title). That said, bag contents in order of most to least used:

1. Hydration
2. Phone
3. Towel
4. Dog poop bags
5. Carabiner to clip dog leash to the bag (or, sometimes to clip a full poop bag if there are no trash cans :eek: )

Mini is in the bag but rarely used. Bug spray, spare socks, hat, paper towels, etc. in the car.

Fair enough.

But given my travels, I'd say the need for self defense is highly "park specific." That's more a neighborhood/community situation than it is a disc golf need.

My guess is you'd want that self defense with you if you were simply picnicking or feeding the ducks in that park, and had no clue DG was even a thing.

Yes, it is generally park specific. I leave mine in my bag because I don't always know what that neighborhood/community situation is going to be.
If I am playing a course where it looks like it might be needed, I'll put it in a pocket, so its always with me.

Haven't had to use it yet! :thmbup:

I guess that would be the items in my bag/cart.

Discs
Hydration
Scorecard/pencil
Extra cotter pins for the cart
Annual park disc golf passes

Latest posts