• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5 nine hole courses you have played in your Home State

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
PLease list the top 5 nine hole courses you have played in your home state. In California my top 5 in no particular order are :

* Lake Piru Recreation Area----Piru, CA
* Astro Camp DGC----------------Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA
* Camp Cedar Lake DGC--------Big BEar City, CA
* Parque De La Raza DGC------San Jose, CA
* Hensley Lake DGC--------------Raymond, CA

I've played 6 in GA so they are: (minus Liberty which is horrible)

Chamblee Church
Criswell Park
Royston DGC (#1 by a mile)
The Grove
Village Green

While we have plenty of 9 hole courses here in the great state of Illinois, it would be much easier to put together a list of the bottom 5. :eek:

Out of the courses that I have played so far, here are my top 5:

Adler Park--Libertyville, IL
Forrest Park--Bloomington, IL
Margreth Riemer Reservoir--Palatine, IL
Warren Township Park--Gurnee, IL
Willow Stream Park--Buffalo Grove, IL

I've only played one nine hole course in Maryland.

Goucher College is very nice.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing Warner Park in Manhattan, KS when I lived there...
Other than that, I haven't really been too impressed with any 9 hole courses enough to give them any mention on a "top" list.

Friends of Punderson - in Newbury, OH

rated 3.23

it's more than 9 holes now but when i played and reviewed it, it was only 9. just a spectacular course in a forest that makes you feel like you're hundreds of miles from any human civilization.

PoolSide - in Medina, Oh

beginner course that is going to get a lot of kids involved in disc golf.

butterworth in moline ill. is awesome. if it was a single use park and 18 holes it would compete with bettendorf middle.

I've played very few nine hole courses anywhere. In my home state, Greeley Park really doesn't count.

I think the only other niner I've played was Bluemont Park in my former home state of VA. That one's pretty solid.

The only 9 hole course in Ontario that I would recommend is Magnolia DGC in Guelph, ON. But, it is by far the best 9 hole course I have played (and better than some 18 hole courses).

The 9 hole courses in my state are weak. Virgina had the best.
Signal View and Bluemont are 2 of the best 9 holers I have ever played.

Don't really like 9 hole courses but ther is one I played in Orlando, Fl. that was pretty cool. It was right next to the hotel I was staying at & I had brought my discs hoping to play Turkey Lake but I didn't have the time so I checked out the one near the hotel called Airport Lakes Park. It was a nice wooded course with good signs, but what made it cool was even though it was only 9 holes there were two sets of chains at each hole so it really played as an 18 hole course. The park was only big enough for 9 so this was a great way to make use of the land they had. It was very well maintained and I was glad I got to play it.

Tommy Shumpert Park in Knoxville is 9 holes, but each hole has 2 nice tee pads and a basket and a tonal pole for each hole. So many different combinations of shots. It really seems more like an 18 hole course, and it's one of the better parks in KNoxville in my opinion.

I don't think i've played much more than 5...

North Cabarrus Park was the best, the rest don't really earn a mention.

I've played 6 in GA so they are: (minus Liberty which is horrible)

Chamblee Church
Criswell Park
Royston DGC (#1 by a mile)
The Grove
Village Green

I've only played Royston and Criswell, and, I agree that Royston has to be the #1.

I can list five in my TOWN that are great to decent:
1) Wolf Pen Creek Park
2) Southern Oaks Park
3) Austin's Colony Park
4) Oaks Park
5) Jane Long MS

Tommy Shumpert Park in Knoxville is 9 holes, but each hole has 2 nice tee pads and a basket and a tonal pole for each hole. So many different combinations of shots. It really seems more like an 18 hole course, and it's one of the better parks in KNoxville in my opinion.

Tommy Schumpert didn't do anything for me. In the Knoxville area, Admiral Farragut is a much better course, one of the best I've played.

The other top 9-holers I've played, thanks to my list of top 5 nine-holers:
Steele Creek - Bristol, TN
Park Circle - North Charleston, SC
Mint Hill Park - Mint Hill, NC
Owen Nature Trail - Black Mountain, NC