• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5 nine hole courses you have played in your Home State

North Cabarrus and Mint hill are two very nice 9 holers

I also like Kelsey scott park in Salisbury NC. 9 holes but there are 4 tees per hole so there are lots of options.

Bill smith park in Oak Island NC is fun as well.

You would have to have played a lot of courses to be able to have a "top 5 nine hole courses in your home state"... I've been playing for a year and I've played 2* 9 holes lol.

*one was the sedgley 19-27 holes

PA actually is blessed with some great niners.

I have not played them all but I can think of over 10 in PA that I'd play over many 18ers out there

I also like Kelsey scott park in Salisbury NC. 9 holes but there are 4 tees per hole so there are lots of options.

North Cabarrus is a very nice 9 holer. Enjoyed it greatly.

Missouri doesn't really have a bunch of good nine holers, but four that I would play anytime are

1. Bluebird Park-Ellisville (West St. Louis County)
2. Jokerest Park-Festus
3. Ber Juan Park-Rolla
4. Pere Marquette Park-Ste Genevieve

All of these are based on the course design. Only Jokerest does not have some glaring bad tees and/or bad baskets problem.

I don't think i've played much more than 5...

North Cabarrus Park was the best, the rest don't really earn a mention.

That park is in my top 5 9 holers in the nation. I really liked it.

Yep, another one for North Cabarrus.

1. North Cabarrus.
2. Wild Pine (would easily beat North Cabarrus if it had a smidgen of tees)
3. Bill Smith
4. Mint Hill
5. Beth Schmidt

Except for Uwharrie and City Lake that's all the 9'ers I've played I think. Wild Pine is soon to disqualify itself when it becomes an 18.

Hindman Park - LR (dual pads)
Moorehart - LR (dual pads)
Harding University - Searcy (My #1)
DeGray Lowe Lake DGC - Caddo Valley (My #2)
Bear Trail DGC - Conway (would be better if it wasn't a mile back to your car at the end)

My favorite 9 hole courses in MN (no particular order):

Brekke - Just love hole #3 - signature hole
Robbin's Island - I enjoyed every hole
Memorial Park (Red Wing) - great view from top of hill, course has a good flow
Upper Plum Creek - great use of the land
Brockway - another course that utilizes available land well

Honorable mentions

Winthrop City Park - Has an M-60 tank by first tee - course is fun.
Red Oak - has ten holes - so close
Wabun - great for a night round - close fire pits and rarely any bugs
River Rock (Owatanna) / Wapacuta (Fairbault) -great day of golf south on 35

I have probably missed some

Bandimere 9 holer in Chanhassen will open by this Thursday. It will be nice with concrete pads by next year but probably still not make a top 5 list for MN.

baycourt park and wagner park are the only two ive played that are worth going back to. baycourt is well maintained, has nice signage, and both have two teepads for each basket. both layouts from the longs can be challenging considering the small space there is to have a course. neither are worth going far out of your way to hit but if you are close and have the time, they are fun little courses to check out.

For me its Johnson grove park in Lacon il, really good distance and elevation, its a hidden gem in central il

Haven't gotten the chance to play Bethel yet but I'd like to check it out from what I've heard. Not sure I want to sneak on the course.

While it is private, during summer hours I don't know how much sneaking you have to do. Campus was empty overall, and I stopped and chatted with one of the gounds crew and a lady tending the garden by 10's Tee and nither seemed concerned about my being there. I think if you respect the property and behave your self you shouldn't have any problems.

I should also add I'm clearly not a teenager, which likely helped my cause.

Last edited:
The course map is available for download from the course listing on this site.
Better than a map - I stopped by the park today to see the course. It's not finished yet, but you can get an impression of the holes. The bending right turn under canopy of pine trees........ Several tunnel shots......Baskets recessed in woods. Scenic old farm silo by basket.

Holes are 150 to 250 range - should be a great course in the southwest suburbs. Will replace Chaska Middle School as my home course for a quick nine holes.

Haven't gotten the chance to play Bethel yet but I'd like to check it out from what I've heard. Not sure I want to sneak on the course.

Talk to Craton. He attended Bethel and is close to the guys who maintain the course. He took me on the tour. I really like it.

1.) Silva Acres, Nevada City, CA (private)
2.) Parque De La Raza DGC, San Jose, CA
3.) Hammon Grove, Browns Valley, CA
4.) Moraga Commons DGC, Moraga, CA
5.) Hellyer Park DGC, San Jose, CA

Latest posts