• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5 nine hole courses you have played in your Home State

Walsh Park - Looks like it will be a nice little course once concrete is installed, with elevation changes not normally seen in NW Ohio
Panther 335 DGC - More elevation, this time around the reservoir in McComb. Great use of available land
Lake Erie Islands Resort - Mostly open with some scattered trees, but most holes have water hazards. This course is expanded to 21 holes in a Memorial style format for the Ohio Amateur Championships.
Firestine Park - Nice little city park with some wooded and open-ish holes.
Door Street Elementary - Very short putter course built for kids, but there are long tee positions and course was designed to be played forward and back to make a full 18.

PLease list the top 5 nine hole courses you have played in your home state. In California my top 5 in no particular order are :

* Lake Piru Recreation Area----Piru, CA
* Astro Camp DGC----------------Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA
* Camp Cedar Lake DGC--------Big BEar City, CA
* Parque De La Raza DGC------San Jose, CA
* Hensley Lake DGC--------------Raymond, CA
You must have accidentally left out Isla Vista Peace Course. :|

Well, I can list 3

Having played the 13 nine hole courses in the greater Cincinnati area, I'd recommend three:
Mason Sports Park
Lebanon
Cincinnati State (Surge)​
:rolleyes:

The nine holer's down here that I have played so far are not that great overall. (4 total).

1. Pinebrook in Venice. Carved out of a Brazilian Pepper tree forest, its short and tight. Plays like a putt putt disc golf course, a fun diversion once in awhile.

2. Azalia Park in St Pete. A nice open rec course that does a good job with the available space. Great for improving your ego, or introducing the sport to people.

3. Buckhorn in Valrico. Short and open, crammed into a small nieghborhood park.

4. Gregg Paas Memorial park. Has the potential to be a nice 9 holer, wooded, on a church's property, But neglect has left it mostly unplayable. Basket missing, course overgrown, etc. Needs a little TLC to bring it back to life.

There's so many solid nine holes in Minnesota it's tough to pick a top five but, out of the ones I've visited:

River Rock, Owatonna
Red Oak, Burnsville
Upper Plum Creek Park, Walnut Grove
Bethel University, Arden Hills
Robbins Island DGC, Wilmar

Just out side the top 5 would be places like Garlough, Mississippi River Park, Dennis Fransen Park, Lochness Park DGC, etc. Not to mention the ones I haven't made it to (yet)!

Lol, wasn't even close to the top, but I have played a lot of 9 hikers.

You must have accidentally left out Isla Vista Peace Course. :|

My personal ratings! Not DGCR ratings.

1) The Brickyard, Menomonie, WI 4.05
2) Bethel University, Arden Hills, MN 3.75
3) Fireman's Park, Waterloo, WI 3.50
4) Garlough Park, St. Paul, MN 3.50
5) Lime Kiln Park, Grafton, WI 3.20

I might be re-thinking Lime Kiln's rating at this very moment and I have quite a few other 9 holers that rng in right around the 3.00 disc rating in my mind

What if I said I was a duel resident? I did spend about half my life in MN, and half in WI . . . OOPS I missed the end of the thread title. I have that problem sometimes.

My personal ratings! Not DGCR ratings.

1) The Brickyard, Menomonie, WI 4.05
2) Fireman's Park, Waterloo, WI 3.50
3) Lime Kiln Park, Grafton, WI 3.20
4) Erin Go Bragh, Thompson, WI 3.00
5) Lake Wazee Recreation Area, Black River Falls, WI 3.00

this is hard cuz the good ones end up becoming full 18's

Saddle Hills in Ft W and Munson Park in Denison are good examples. those would have been in my top
Fritz in Irving
Southern Oaks in College Station
the Corinth (near Denton) course that got installed and immediately pulled

and not in my home state but probably the most fun 9 holes i've played:
Redbone Road in Vicksburg, MS

1. David Imbrock Memorial DGC (Kendallville, IN)
2. Clark Park (Elk Grove Village, IL)
3. Sunny Hill Park (Streamwood, IL)
4. Forest Park (Bloomington, IL)
5. Highland Hills Park (Fort Thomas, KY)...this one is bad, but 5 is all I got

NJ doesn't have a decent 9 hole course that I have played :\

Sahm in Indy is in my original home state and I played it twice so it's not terrible.

Unami in PA in the state I now play in the most was 3.5 when I reviewed it a few years back, not sure it's the same now.