• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] top DISCRAFT driver

iDisc

Par Member
i have only used two different discraft drivers, i have the z tracker which i hate, and i had a z avenger but lost it. the z avenger had the nicest thumber flight ive ever seen and i loved it for gentle hyzers.

ok, so the point of this Thread is to hear some good drivers from discraft, i've heard good things about the company and was interested in some of their better discs without buying a ton of them

EDIT: i throw RHBH mainly.

Last edited:
i have only used two different discraft drivers, i have the z tracker which i hate, and i had a z avenger but lost it. the z avenger had the nicest thumber flight ive ever seen and i loved it for gentle hyzers.

ok, so the point of this Thread is to hear some good drivers from discraft, i've heard good things about the company and was interested in some of their better discs without buying a ton of them

That all depends on your throw and what you want the disc to do. I have thrown a few discraft drivers. I have an avenger SS that I LOVE (my primary driver) and I also have a surge SS, which is good, but a little too over stable for me.

I prefer understable discs like the Av SS, Sidewinder, Roadrunner, Monarch, etc. I do not have enough power to get a good throw with a Wraith or a Destroyer.

If you give me an idea of what you like or what Innova discs you like and what you are looking for, I might be able to point you in the right direction. I am kind of addicted to buying discs (I only carry 8-10, but I own 40+) so I should be able to help.

What do you currently carry? What are you looking for? What do you like/dislike about your current discs?

i currently carry destroyers and wraiths for primary drivers. im looking to try out a disc similar to those 2.

Maybe a surge SS would be worth a shot, and a lot of people swear by the crush. All of those are too overstable for my arm. Look for discs that have high speed and are highly overstable, and they will be the closest to the wraith and destroyer.

I love the XL, although it's more of a Fairway Driver, very easy to control...slightly understable, although it's completely beat in....I got an ESP Crush that is pretty overstable, i'm not a big fan of it, but I haven't gotten a chance to beat it in yet...my primary driver is a Flash (Z-plastic), slightly understable, very easy to control...

on a side note, I love the ESP plastic, and ESP FLX...both are super grippy, very controllable and durable...

I think a regular surge or even a force. Both of those are overstable. A surge SS and a wraith are very similar for me. But a Force is closer to a destroyer but probably not as long.

My whole bag is Innova EXCEPT my two favorite drivers...

Discraft ESP Surge (pre-Nate Ross model)
Elite Z Tracker from 2005

The Surge is my fave disc.It's my max distance disc. It's like a Wraith but with more control, and my Tracker flies like a TeeBird. Straight straight straight.

ESP Surge. I found one, lost it, and had to buy another one. Great for tomahawk shots, and for regular as well. Flies about like a pro wraith, but maybe a little harder to turn over. Great disc!

I throw a Z Avenger as my main driver right now. Surges are also good but the ones I have bought have varied significantly in stability (no two discs the same) for whatever reason. The Predator is good if you need something very overstable.

Most of the Discraft drivers I purchased turned out the be too overstable for me. Currently I am using the Avenger SS and the Xpress Z. They suit my arm well, and I am just hanging on to the others for when I get more power & snap/spin. A little hyzer on the Xpress and I can get a nice straight shot. Throwing the Avenger SS flat, it's just understable enough to tug it back in line.

The Surge SS and the Flash both seemed like the next discs line for me. If you have a bit more power you might look into those.

Next in line are the Avenger Z and the Surge Z. Those needed much more power than my arm can provide at this point in time.

I'm am looking at ordering the Cyclone X and the XS X as well, those look like they might be up my alley at this stage.

Hope that helped a bit.

I only have a few Discraft discs, if you are throwing destroyers/Wraiths, then the Avenger, Surge, and Flash are pretty similar, I liked them all when I threw them, just that I liked the innova discs I had in my bag better. Also tried the spectra, but it just seemed too stable for my liking. The two that I do carry in my bag<discraft>, are the flick, and the crush. Both I only use as forehand drivers, and those I use when I need to turn hard. The crush is very stable, but the flick is SUPER stable.

My favorite Discraft drivers are:

Predator - one of, if not the best overstable driver in existence
D Cyclone - one of the most versatile discs and best discs to use to gain flight shaping skills
Avenger - Great distance disc in X, great moderately overstable driver in Z.

Have to agree with those reccomending the Surge. A great all around driver that gets good distance with less than full effort. If you need something more stable, the Crush should fit the bill. I've been playing for about 9 mos now and both of these discs (ESP) have been in my bag for the last 6 mos. Very dependable/predictable.

I stick to the esp flx surge ss for maximum distance, next the esp buzz, last the esp flx avenger ss

all great discs.

Try a Wildcat if you want something less stable in Discraft.

I was just feeling sassy and wanted to see if anyone got offended. My favorite dc disc is the MRV. I also like the crush, avenger (not SS), flick (best headwind disc on the market), wasp and drone. DC plastic is much stiffer and who doesn't like a good stiffy? I think I've said too much...just horsin' around bra.

Latest posts