• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] top DISCRAFT driver

My main driver is the ESP Avenger SS. I get the most distance from it and it has great control when I don't flip it. I also like the ESP Surge. I get almost the same distance as with the Avenger SS, but has a more pronounce hyzer at the end. A great disc when there are hazards to the right, or I need to turn at the end.

Pro-D XL is my BH workhorse, only improves as it gets beaten in. I seem to keep losing them, mainly bc i use them all the time.

I'm loving my FLX Surge 174g for backhand, and ESP Venom 174g for forehands!

I'm not sure why so many people dis on discraft and swear by innova. I think discraft has a better plastic selection, well except for innova's star plastic, I love that. I got a new crush and fell in love with it, I think it was the elite z plastic. I primarly throw wraiths so the crush was might have been a bit stable but I hit some trees and it flew perfect for me. Unfortunately I threw it in a lake a couple weeks ago. A new one was supposed to come in the mail today but the mail man just left and no package!!!! :(

I'm going force all the way on this one. I like the surge too, but I get more distance out of the force. All my other long distance drivers that I carry are Innova.
If we're not talking long range, I love the predator.

i tried the flx discs..anyone have the same problem i did?...came out of my hand like a paper plate fluttering like it was warped..flx predator was like throwing a putter

must only be the FLX Predator. I have one and can't forehand it because it flutters so much, but I love it backhand. I love my FLX Buzz, and Surge though.

My main driver is the ESP Avenger SS. I get the most distance from it and it has great control when I don't flip it. I also like the ESP Surge. I get almost the same distance as with the Avenger SS, but has a more pronounce hyzer at the end. A great disc when there are hazards to the right, or I need to turn at the end.

I tend to flip MY aVENGER ss ESP flx as well. I try to start it with more of a hyzer so when it flips over it goes straight a little better rather then turn over and die. Especially when throwing into the wind.

Do you guys think the best plastic for the predator is the esp flx or just the exp?

I like my FLX Predator, buts its a bit less stable than I was expecting. I got it for forehand, but its too flippy for max power. After i tried it backhand I love it. I think I would like the ESP for forehand though.

Its funny my FLX Avenger SS is almost as stable as my FLX Surge, but my Surge goes further and is more predictable.

Discraft makes drivers?

my putters and midranges are all discraft except for a super roc. I don't know what it is, but Innova midranges just don't fit well in my hand; where as, discraft drivers just don't fit well in my hand. The one discraft driver that has earned a spot in my bag is the ESP Force. My destroyer will not go left in the wind, and my monster has stopped going left when I go all out with it. The only disc that I have that can take everything I have, and deal with the wind, is the Force. It is not my long distance driver, but if it just has to go left, then it has to be the Force.

My two main drivers are a SOLS (Sirius Orion Long Straight) and a 174 Champ Valk. My Valk gives me the most distance. I don't have alot of power, but I can throw it over 300ft, and for me that's pretty good. My my SOLS goes straight, with a slight fade at the end. I use it when I need a little hook at the end of the flight.

A beat in Avenger ESP(not SS) is one of the best discs you can have in your bag,and I mainly use Innova. After it's beat in,I found it to be the most predictable disc I had,just lost 2 weeks ago.

I find it easier to control on short drives,if you want the fade and don't have a midrange to suit.It works well in the wind if you need someting reliable. Just a little anhyzer it goes straight as a arrow,beat in.

Also,have a Sparkle Z force. I wouldn't suggest that. Great forehand disc,very similar to Destroyer,but IMHO,doesn't make it as far,and is much harder to control,which could be user error.

Just bought a Cryztal Z Avenger SS,love the plastic but haven't thrown enough to make a call.

Last edited:
I added 2 Surge SS to my bag recently I have found my driver this disc is total control and long by far the longest I have ever thrown with control.

I use a crush as my primary driver, but I really like the flash; much easier to control than a crush. Look into a wraith though, not discraft but very good disc (at least for me), i can get it 300+ feet fairly easy.