• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Top ten worst discs made by innova/discraft

What's wrong with the shark? It's anything BUT a horrible mid.
And a Valkyrie? A disc that previously held the max distance record for several years?

Get me some of what y'all are smoking.

Well, I have a 150g DX shark I bought new. I've tried on several occasions to use it well. I've loaned it out to people. It has some mileage on it. However, between me and 4 others that have thrown it, it was universally accepted by those I know as a POS. It's so freaking inconsistent around here. Any little wind and WOOSH!!!! Release it straight and it may go straight, flip over turn, or even fade out with a big hyzer. It's just so inconsistent to throw and control for some reason. It doesn't have much glide either for a mid. It could be because it's a light disc in DX plastic that is the problem for us. I don't know.

I originally bought that DX starter package when I started playing the game. It was 3 innova discs. 150g dx leopard, 150g dx shark, and 150g pro aviar. I liked the leopard at first, but it got soooo beat in so fast it was like throwing a new disc every other game. Hard to get a feel for consistent release. The shark was a turd from the get go. Almost completely uncontrollable. I used the leopard and aviar for practically the majority of my early games. While the leopard changed fast, at least once I figured it out after the first hole or two, it was consistent enough to play it through the rest of the course. So of that original starter pack, I only still somewhat use the aviar. The leopard ended up being a massive annie flip disc that I gave to a friend that wanted a forehand roller for that reason. It works well for him since all he throws are forehand shots. The shark just sits on a shelf at home now since it ended up being a massive turd of a disc for me and anyone I let try it.

Not necessarily in order of crappiest mold.

1. Dolphin
2. Destroyer (Vulcan Top)
3. Mamba
4. Teebird +
5. Valkyrie +
6. Torque
7. Nebula
8. Super Stingray
9. Dart
10. Lycan

1. Zone
2. Force
3. Predator
4. Buzz
5. Buzz SS
6. Nuke
7. Comet
8. Avenger
9. Surge
10. Challenger

1. Zone
2. Force
3. Predator
4. Buzz
5. Buzz SS
6. Nuke
7. Comet
8. Avenger
9. Surge
10. Challenger
this made me lol...
hate discraft much?
but really the comet and buzzz....sinful..

1. Pulsar
2. Phantom (of the opera, not the disc)
3. This one nate doss surge that I bought and lost on the same day
4. That same surge
5. This wolf I bought, got two aces with in the same round and then never threw again (real lyfe story)
6. Wahoo
7. Some tophat boss that looked like 12 hamsters chewed on the rim
8. Most other bosses
9. Golgo 13 for the NES
10. Gerald Ford edition scorpion

See above. I can't understand the problem with the TB+. I love TB's and having the + mold feels the same but I can throw it for more powerful flicks and know it'll come back. Again, those other 6 just never worked for me. However, I did have a Z Tracker that I liked and I only tried a blizzard Krait FWIW

The Teebird plus has a slanted rim, making slip outs very common. Maybe that's just me though. I love Teebirds in general, just not TB+.

1. Wahoo
2. Groove
3. Any Blizzard Disc
4. All Nukes
5. Surge SS
6. R-Pro
7. Titanium Force
8. Bulldog
9. Spectra
10. XPress (was that really understable?)

Just wanted to make a new list. See what still makes it from my old list.

1. Wahoo
2. Wolf
3. Rattler
4. Spectra
5. Vulcan top Destroyers
6. Impact
7. Kite
8. Groove
9. Monarch
10. Dragon

Now ... if it wasn't just innova/discraft;

3. Havoc
5. Pain
7. Giant
10. Halo

Well, I have a 150g DX shark I bought new. I've tried on several occasions to use it well. I've loaned it out to people. It has some mileage on it. However, between me and 4 others that have thrown it, it was universally accepted by those I know as a POS. It's so freaking inconsistent around here. Any little wind and WOOSH!!!! Release it straight and it may go straight, flip over turn, or even fade out with a big hyzer. It's just so inconsistent to throw and control for some reason. It doesn't have much glide either for a mid. It could be because it's a light disc in DX plastic that is the problem for us. I don't know.

I originally bought that DX starter package when I started playing the game. It was 3 innova discs. 150g dx leopard, 150g dx shark, and 150g pro aviar. I liked the leopard at first, but it got soooo beat in so fast it was like throwing a new disc every other game. Hard to get a feel for consistent release. The shark was a turd from the get go. Almost completely uncontrollable. I used the leopard and aviar for practically the majority of my early games. While the leopard changed fast, at least once I figured it out after the first hole or two, it was consistent enough to play it through the rest of the course. So of that original starter pack, I only still somewhat use the aviar. The leopard ended up being a massive annie flip disc that I gave to a friend that wanted a forehand roller for that reason. It works well for him since all he throws are forehand shots. The shark just sits on a shelf at home now since it ended up being a massive turd of a disc for me and anyone I let try it.

maybe you should try a heavier disc. I mean for reals. A 150 gram dx disc is a very poor representation to base an opinion off of. I would suggest trying the same three discs at around 168-170 grams. You will see a huge difference in flight and control.

Dang! All you Mamba haters send em my way! Will gladly trade for em.

RIGHT. Played a new course today that was predominately right side pin placement and my trusty old mamba did the trick everytime. Even on some of the straight shots. Just hyzer flip it and watch the beautiful s-curve and plant. Me thinks some of these folks just don't know how to control this disc.

RIGHT. Played a new course today that was predominately right side pin placement and my trusty old mamba did the trick everytime. Even on some of the straight shots. Just hyzer flip it and watch the beautiful s-curve and plant. Me thinks some of these folks just don't know how to control this disc.

Or we can get a Champ Leopard on the same line and distance with 40 degrees less of hyzer flip :D

maybe you should try a heavier disc. I mean for reals. A 150 gram dx disc is a very poor representation to base an opinion off of. I would suggest trying the same three discs at around 168-170 grams. You will see a huge difference in flight and control.

That's why I prefaced my list that I was a new player and the list was based off the experiences I have had thus far.

That's why I prefaced my list that I was a new player and the list was based off the experiences I have had thus far.

Not trying to be a d. Just wanted to say try them heavier. Those are three very popular discs. The leopard and aviar both are go to discs for me, but in heavier weights. I have never thrown a shark but know many people who it is their go to mid. Good luck and good discing. Have fun with your new addiction. Try lots of discs, that is half the fun.

Or we can get a Champ Leopard on the same line and distance with 40 degrees less of hyzer flip :D

:D:thmbup::clap: I like the leopard for this too. The mamba just happens to be a very easy disc for me for sweeping annys and hyzer flips. But if there is a headwind I will not touch it.

I am still approaching the newbie/rec player line, so I will base my rankings on what kind of luck I have been having so far. Note that I also don't feel qualified to give a full 10, so I will just list ones I have been frustrated with.

#1: Wraith (made mistake of buying one with Innova's beginner 3-pack, probably good I didn't write my name on it before losing it)

#2: Dragon (Bought it for specific holes with water hazard, was more productive with a 150g DX Leopard)

#3: Archangel (With a RHBH, it moves too much to the right, then even farther to the left before landing, got problematic unless it was an uphill shot)

#4: Eclipse (Flipflopped way to much, had better luck with a 150g Leopard, regardless of Eclipse's weight)

#5: 150g Aviar P&A DX (Got too inconsistent with more use, now use heavier KC Pro versions)

3-way tie for #6: Valkyrie, Avenger SS, Beast (I am apparently not ready for these discs yet, will try them again when my mechanics improve, then these 3 will probably come off the list)

I am still approaching the newbie/rec player line, so I will base my rankings on what kind of luck I have been having so far. Note that I also don't feel qualified to give a full 10, so I will just list ones I have been frustrated with.

#1: Wraith (made mistake of buying one with Innova's beginner 3-pack, probably good I didn't write my name on it before losing it)

#2: Dragon (Bought it for specific holes with water hazard, was more productive with a 150g DX Leopard)

#3: Archangel (With a RHBH, it moves too much to the right, then even farther to the left before landing, got problematic unless it was an uphill shot)

#4: Eclipse (Flipflopped way to much, had better luck with a 150g Leopard, regardless of Eclipse's weight)

#5: 150g Aviar P&A DX (Got too inconsistent with more use, now use heavier KC Pro versions)

3-way tie for #6: Valkyrie, Avenger SS, Beast (I am apparently not ready for these discs yet, will try them again when my mechanics improve, then these 3 will probably come off the list)

Hope this isn't hijacking, but would the Archangel's flight characteristics be a hyzer or anny (newbie question, still get terms confused...)?

One other newbie question: what is the key difference between the Buzzz and Buzzz SS when it comes to flight path? Use both of them and have not noticed much of a difference yet and have been throwing them interchangeably. Also trying to understand why the Buzzz SS is on a lot of lists...

Latest posts