• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towels

I also use the microfiber towels (usually in walmart/target automotive section). They're cheap enough that I don't have to worry about tossing one out if it gets too muddy. I usually keep my towels in a bag pocket, everytime I try to hang one outside the bag, it attracts leaves like a magnet.

DO NOT byy the innova fly dry. Worst purchase ever. I have a DGA trifold with grommet that works well for me. I'm sure, as posted, there are better alternatives, but the DGA trifold is the towel I have on my bag.

My Golf Towels sell for $6, have a sweet logo, drinks down water like a champ, gets rid of muck like stanley steemer, sports a grommet that isn't going to die like my innova one did after a week, doesn't pick up forest floor bits like a fluffy microfiber- and has a carabiner. it is the ironman of DG towels. Free shipping- Paypal only.

I rarely use a towel, rather my shirt if it is not too dirty or wet. A towel just gets wet and having them hang off the bag it just gets wet when you set it down on the ground.

Some people seem to be really bothered by one clipped to their belt loop.

Not me though, I just clip it with a carabiner to my belt look 3/4 way behind me (4:30 position) and no problem. No leaves stuck in the microfiber. Made that mistake once... the stuff never goes away!

Some people seem to be really bothered by one clipped to their belt loop.

Not me though, I just clip it with a carabiner to my belt look 3/4 way behind me (4:30 position) and no problem. No leaves stuck in the microfiber. Made that mistake once... the stuff never goes away!

If they are bothered by it, they can do like I do and just tuck the loose end of the towel in your front pocket. :)

http://www.rei.com/search?query=towel

It's amazing how many shapes and sizes towels come in. I'm a fan of the microfiber, but it can be irritating to pick out the "forest floor bits." To prevent that, I generally keep my towel in a pocket of my disc bag and only bring it out when I my disc gets wet. But I have less of a problem with sweaty hands than most people do.

Similar story for me. Something like a 10-pack at Target for $7 or $8. I have grommet kit that I used to add a hole for attaching to my bag or belt.

This is a great idea. I'm tired of losing my towels and finding others.

The secret to prevent sweaty hands is rub anti-persperant (like Secret or Old Spice "bam bam bam") on hands and rub it in. No Mo Sweat. ;) Yes, really!

The secret to prevent sweaty hands is rub anti-persperant (like Secret or Old Spice "bam bam bam") on hands and rub it in. No Mo Sweat. ;) Yes, really!

I wish I'd thought of that. Good one.:thmbup:

As for towels, micro-fiber works well enough but if you have rough calloused hands it's like Velcro. I use a regular terry cloth golf towel.

Am I the only person here whose palms don't sweat? I've sometimes wondered whether some people actually have sweat glands on their palms or if they just have trouble with the sweat running down from the back of their hands. Might not be a savory topic, but I am curious.

Am I the only person here whose palms don't sweat? I've sometimes wondered whether some people actually have sweat glands on their palms or if they just have trouble with the sweat running down from the back of their hands. Might not be a savory topic, but I am curious.

I have sweaty hands and not from runoff. When I wear work gloves I have to change them often to let them dry. Hell, I just sweat a lot. In the summer I carry two bandannas.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Why not just get a birdie bag? They're like $3 and they rule.

As for a towel,I keep a golf towel clipped to my bag, and some cheap microfiber ones in the bag. When it rains, dry it as good as I can with the towel, then throw the birdie bag against it to take care of the rest of the water before I throw.

I apologize for bump just my two cents...
There are lots of things that are labelled microfibre towels - not all are soft, and the sizes can be disappointing. The cheaper microfibre towels are made from a 'towel' like fabric and are good at drying you but take longer to dry out, so I wouldn't take them camping.

The soft Trek towels are good, and work very well. They dry you very quickly. Although they are expensive they last a long time (more likely to lose it than wear it out!). Check the measurements for each towel as the hand towel is very small.

The same material that is used in the soft Trek towels are used in the microfibre towels sold by seller: splaasssh
on ebay - they have a medium sized one for !!!163;9.25, which is cheaper than the soft Trek ones.

We have both Trek towels https://womentake.com/best-gym-towel/ and the ones that are sold by splaasssh, and use them for camping and normal use - great for the kids to use for swimming lessons at school, saves them lugging a heavy wet towel around. The kids love them because they are soft. They are a dream to launder, they dry so quickly, great in wintertime. Also,Years ago, I got a small camp towel that was made of non-reinforced PVA (Polyvinyl Acetal). It was OK for those times when I really didn't want to deal with a wet towel, but the thing wasn't very durable and wasn't treated with anything to keep fungus from building up, so had to put it in non-chlorine bleach every other month or so.

Fast forward a couple of decades, and now for the past year I've been using only these PVA ( 100% with synthetic fiber mesh reinforced) towels to dry off after swimming or after taking showers. Saves energy, too, as there are no wet cotton towels to dry. Perhaps twice a year, I've put the less used PVA towels in non-chlorine bleach as sometimes fungus spots pop up.

Last edited:
...Someone I know uses a towel that has some bamboo in it and he claims it's the best towel he's ever used.

I've been carrying these the past few weeks and I really like them. I found them in my grocery store.

We have a lot of dusty courses here, and I was always using the bottom of my T-shirt before every throw to clean my disc. Now I just keep one of these in my back pocket. Plus they're machine washable.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bamboo2.jpg
    bamboo2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 93
bought 100 cotton utility towels from Sams. Don't remember the price, but probably $10-15. I sweat pretty heavy, so during the heat and humidity of the summer I use several just trying to keep my hands and face wiped off so I can see. I carry 4 or so. If I need to wipe of the disc, then I pull a clean one for my hands/face. They work great. Wash easy. If one get's lost or too nasty for some reason, throw it away.

Since 2000's I have used the Big Wilson Golf towel Found at Walmart, however they are not white like before but all black with red Wilson Stiched into them. I also have a Old Club Shirt from 2008 that was an XXL that nobody wanted or needed since the brand of shirt ran large, the guy who thought he might need the XXL traded for an XL. I cut the sleeves off and got a Carabiner for the shirt to hook to the bag, starting in mid 2017, this gets used for when the Wilson is too used or for strictly water/snow in those situations where the water is the issue. Then I Have a medium size Bandana found on course that I washed twice before it went into my bag permanently for when main two get wet.

I keep getting towels in Player's Packs from tournaments I play it....so I've got a few of them. One thing I did to make it easy to carry/use a towel, was to take a larger mini, drill a hole at the top, and cut an X into the middle. I attached a carabiner to the hole I drilled and then pulled a towel through the X. I can use the towel while it is hanging on the bag, or I can pull it out from the mini and use it without having to unclip it.

Latest posts