• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towne Lake DGC- Mckinney, TX

Well I never looked at them in detail but are they the measurements for the shorts? And never figured up the longs? Or did both short and long measurements get off?

The city rushed us on the tee signs. Most holes were not even cleared yet, so anything, but gps was useless. You would have to see the place before hand to get the idea ( you were more than welcome to come out and help ) The stakes used to mark locations were mowed over and lost. The contractor the city used also place some tee pads in the wrong place. Some tees were moved because the city passed an ordinance that made all trees in floodplains protected, which stopped all clearing. All of this happened after the tee signs were made.

Hope this answers your question.

Yep, answered the question. Did you know Houck has stickers that can be placed over the incorrect distances on the tee signs to correct them? They look pretty good (if you get them on straight). See Harry Myers long tee sign #1. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1347/b338066a.jpg

As for helping out, it's a bit of a commute from Houston. ;)

FYI - Practice will help your game more than wandering around with a laser scope :)

Yeah, thanks. I like to know how far I'm throwing. And (accurate) tee signs is one of the factors that goes into rating a course. Some of the Towne Lake signs are off by 40-50'.

Well I never looked at them in detail but are they the measurements for the shorts? And never figured up the longs? Or did both short and long measurements get off?

I only measured the active pins when I played in April, which IIRC was all long except #14 & 15.

The course is ready for this weekend,I did a bunch of weed eating yesterday and the city is mowing today.Everything is long(B sleeve).Two courses,72 holes,should be fun!!

Come on DFW reviewers,I don't see any of you guys signed up?YWilson Creek Challenge-2 courses-beautiful weather(light wind,highs in the low 90's)Lots of shade at both courses-Towne Lake looks the best it has since it opened.Josh will take sat. morning reg. till 8:30.

Come on DFW reviewers,I don't see any of you guys signed up?YWilson Creek Challenge-2 courses-beautiful weather(light wind,highs in the low 90's)Lots of shade at both courses-Towne Lake looks the best it has since it opened.Josh will take sat. morning reg. till 8:30.
Do you have to register beforehand or can I just show up?

I'm there.

FYI: If you go to the course page and look along the left side where it says "Upcoming Tournaments", you can click on that link and RSVP for the event. That way people on DGCR can see what members of the site are playing in the tournament.

Last edited:
I wanted to sign up but have to go to a wedding! Sounds like it will be a blast though...

Holy ****, JD Ramirez killed it. I completely forgot about this tourney and showed up with a friend to play a round Saturday and had to go elsewhere.

Latest posts