• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Trilogy likes and dislike

Hartley444

Birdie Member
Just curious what discs/plastic you have thrown that have really stood out as ones you liked and which ones you didn't and why. I seem to like almost everything from Westside I've thrown. Any must try discs from dynamic that I haven't mentioned

Lat 64
GL Saint go to driver 330ft or under
Opto/softPure-opto pure is my go to putter for short drives up shots and longer putts
GL Saint pro- wind fighter, dependable with fade for me

Westside
TP Sword-favorite driver, major distance for me, dependable and straight. Will turnover nicely when seasoned
TP King very fun to throw, hole specific for me
Soft Shield- liked it and will revisit when less windy
Tp-stag- just picked this one up and love it. May replace my saint
TP underworld-very gun to throw, great for any shot or finishing right (rhbh)

DD
Soft Warden-just went in the bag as inside the circle putter
lucid verdict -just picked one up and love it. Will replace my wasp
Fusion Truth awesome mid. Replaced my buzz as my go to mid.

Dislike
Opto flow- not at all like the GL, beefy for what I was looking for
Lucid escape-liked the saint much more.
TP tursas liked at first but found it became way too flippy.

giant in vip and tp

tursas is a fun turnover disc; it's like a longer version of my flippy polecat, but wouldn't bag it myself. too flippy.

fuse in both plastics is good.

really liked the XXX most of all by far.

Not a big fan but I will say they make the most beautiful discs on the market.

My Blue Opto Striker is fantastic. I have a beat Opto Fuse Thai will probably never come out of my bag. My first run Opto Fury is my super flippy utility disc. Love Mr GL and Opto Rivers too. VIP Swords are awesome, and while I don't have the arm to use it to us full potential, the VIP World makes for some fun Flex shots.

My Recycled GL Saint is really touchy. So much that I don't trust it.

Dislike - All their baseline plastic. They need to come out with a hard plastic with less grip. Their Hard plastic is still too grippy.

Likes: Fuse, xXx, River, Sword, Warship, Core, Pain, Saint, Blitz

Dislikes: Halo, Trident, Northman.

I wouldn't say any of my dislikes are bad discs per se, I just didn't gel with them. I have still not tried any Dynamic yet, I hope my nerd card doesn't get revoked.

XXX is my favorite. Love my GL Flow. The Boatman is pure beefy awesomeness. You already mentioned the Verdict. I'm a fan of the Halo too, even though I don't have the arm for it. If the Opto Flow was too beefy for you, the Halo will be moreso.

Witness is similar to the Underworld, I could throw them both for the same shots.

I'm sure I've thrown more I liked, but those are the standouts.

Not too much to dislike for me, but I'll try:

•I wish Westside had more mids.

•Trilogy together really have a ton of high speed stable stuff I will never be able to throw well.

Otherwise they've come to dominate my disc selection.

just curious why you like the xxx but not the trident. arent they similar?

Likes: Fuse, xXx, River, Sword, Warship, Core, Pain, Saint, Blitz

Dislikes: Halo, Trident, Northman.

I wouldn't say any of my dislikes are bad discs per se, I just didn't gel with them. I have still not tried any Dynamic yet, I hope my nerd card doesn't get revoked.

just curious why you like the xxx but not the trident. arent they similar?

I really like the xXx b/c it's unapologetically overstable. I really like the Banshee b/c it's overstable but manageable. To me, the Trident is a lot more like an underwhelming Banshee. Trident just doesn't seem to excel at anything compared to a xXx which makes a great FH roller, skips, long thumber, etc.

*Giant - by far my favorite distance driver I've thrown
*Trespass - Not the fastest, but has consistently been my longest disc I've thrown.
*Trident - one of the most unique molds on the market
*Sinus - one of the best approach discs on the market and was a game changer for me personally
*Dagger - I'm one of the few, but my favorite I've used and has improved my putting dramatically.
*Mace - it's my rocs in Swedish plastic options and super grippy/stiff base plastic. Love this disc the most
*Plastic - my favorite plastic I've felt. Really a big fan of the grippy zero/classic plastic.

Dislikes:
*Saint pro - by far one of the most disappointing discs I've ever thrown.
*Westsides numbering system - never understood why they are so off... Finnish people (jk)
*No real over stable mid - this is one of the biggest holes in all 3 lineups.
*stable fairway driver - besides the striker, they don't have a consistently stable fairway driver. This is the biggest glaring hole. I know most say saint pro, but after they break in a little, they become way to nose angle sensitive to stay as that stable fairway go to
*The constant overlap of molds - I know they fill out their own lineups, but like DD's fairways they have a lot of similar discs in their own respective brands.

do you feel an overstable mid is needed? can't you just use the sinus?
also don't they have the suspect, verdict?

*Giant - by far my favorite distance driver I've thrown
*Trespass - Not the fastest, but has consistently been my longest disc I've thrown.
*Trident - one of the most unique molds on the market
*Sinus - one of the best approach discs on the market and was a game changer for me personally
*Dagger - I'm one of the few, but my favorite I've used and has improved my putting dramatically.
*Mace - it's my rocs in Swedish plastic options and super grippy/stiff base plastic. Love this disc the most
*Plastic - my favorite plastic I've felt. Really a big fan of the grippy zero/classic plastic.

Dislikes:
*Saint pro - by far one of the most disappointing discs I've ever thrown.
*Westsides numbering system - never understood why they are so off... Finnish people (jk)
*No real over stable mid - this is one of the biggest holes in all 3 lineups.
*stable fairway driver - besides the striker, they don't have a consistently stable fairway driver. This is the biggest glaring hole. I know most say saint pro, but after they break in a little, they become way to nose angle sensitive to stay as that stable fairway go to
*The constant overlap of molds - I know they fill out their own lineups, but like DD's fairways they have a lot of similar discs in their own respective brands.

do you feel an overstable mid is needed? can't you just use the sinus?
also don't they have the suspect, verdict?

Me personally, I don't need the overstable mid. Sinus does cover everything, but a true overstable (gator) Mid would have a impact on the line up. The suspect isn't overstable, it's stable. I've seen them worked into straight/ turnover fliers and even the same with the verdict. The verdict is one of the best molds, but it's very speed stable. At slower speeds it's overstable but with full power rips, it also can be just very stable. It has to much glide and speed to be that true overstable midrange

saint pro was a huge let down. led to my demise of the love for the saint. if they would have made saint pro speed 9 and not such a hard dump but more forward fade (like a pd) i would have been in love. a lot of strikers came out flippy which was disappointing as well.

i no longer bag a saint but ill be dammed if that isnt the straightest speed 9 with easy d.

umm pure was cool for driving

fury is too touchy and not for full power throw (i throw comets frozen rope 275-300)

riot and its rim is absolutely awful. one of my least favorite discs ive ever thrown. i have nothing good to say about this disc

the rest can go to hell

riot and its rim is absolutely awful. one of my least favorite discs ive ever thrown. i have nothing good to say about this disc

Yeah this disc gets no talk. Nobody really likes the "plus" rims angles... But the riot for me is a useful slightly over stable disc and the ONLY time I use it is for low ceiling over stable shots I need to skip left, far left! I think this works good because of the plus rim, its less drag and the friction angle is less on the ground.

Mind you, ^NONE of this may be true... But it works for me? :eek:

Latest posts