• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Trilogy likes and dislike

The thing that made me walk away from Strikers, aside from their Groove-like consistency early on, is that they lost a lot more HSS before LSS. My Optos all starting flying ~-1.5 after about six months.

Lat64 rates the Striker as a 9/5/-1/2...

It has quite a bit more turn and less fade than a Starfire in my experience.

to paraphrase lat 64's site...
blitz- 11,3,0,4
scythe- 12,3,0,4
villain- 12,4,0,4

the scythe has a poop-ton more glide than the blitz or villain... numbers (especially lat 64's...) lie.
scythe is 12,5,1,4 in actuality.

numbers from a 3rd party chart (joe's flight), not the manufacturer's... rofl

Which are no more scientific than anyone else's.

And considering you found that the Striker flew differently than a Starfire, do you really think their numbers were any more accurate?

And FWIW, inBounds, another third party gives the Striker much more HST and less LSF than the Starfire.

I guess another Lat 64 disappointment for me was the GL Flow - I field tested it along with a selection of other discs with similar flight numbers, and it came up short, every throw. I'll try it again before I give up on it, but for something described as a "longer River," um, no.

I guess another Lat 64 disappointment for me was the GL Flow - I field tested it along with a selection of other discs with similar flight numbers, and it came up short, every throw. I'll try it again before I give up on it, but for something described as a "longer River," um, no.

I had the same exact experience. I think one needs to look at the Flow with different numbers. More like Wraith than Archon.

Tweener for sure. Don't think anyone would seriously putt with the harp, also it was no more OS than a suspect for me. The suspects shallow rim felt so much better to me, plus the plastic selection. (I've always been a breaker fan though, so the similarity to suspect is obvious) now the sinus, is another story, that's OS.

Also, I don't understand comparisons between harps a slower roc and a pures a slower buzzz??

Agreed. I cant picture putting with a Harp, but I wouldnt putt with a Rhyno or a Pig either. The stability should be similar to a Suspect for sure. Im not sure Ive seen putters get much more stable - maybe less glidey but not much more stable (but I havent tried the Sinus either.) As for plastic, the Harp should be out in VIP soon. The fact that you dont like the feel pretty much trumps any of this nonsense though. :)

As for it being a slower roc.. ya, thats exactly what it acts like for me. I think its flight numbers are similar with less glide.

I picked up an opto jade and I must say, it has now become my favorite driver...maybe ever. It's super easy to throw and will do pretty much want you want, sexy S curves, nice anhyzer floaters or line drives. It's a lite disc so be careful with wind.
GL flow- It hasn't really worked out yet but I'm throwing it less since I have the jade. I'll try and cycle it more in my game since I like the flight numbers.
Classic warden- I like the feel of it and the stiffness but the rim is so deep. Coming from throwing blow flies forever...it'll take some getting use to but I have made some nice putts with it.
Warship- previously mentioned but I've watched my buddy made some sick long straight shots with this, enough to make me order one. I've been shooting his over the past few days and can't wait to get mine.
saint- another disc on order. I'm yet to try one but Tue reviews say it compliments a jade very well and it had fantastic glide. I figure with the saint, jade and flow...I'll be able to make most shots all on a RHBH. I'm hoping the saint will work well with narrow fairways since it has less turn then the jade.

One disappointment I have had, out of hundreds of things I really like, is the inconsistency between certain molds. Mostly the Witness. I have 3 and they all fly differently.

Latest posts