• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Trilogy substitute for Innova Destroyer

asjzn6

Par Member
I would prefer to throw trilogy, what trilogy disc would i substitute for a Destroyer

Thanks VictorB, how are things going in CoMo, Strawn in the ground yet?

Agreed. Giants are great, I used them to replace my destroyers. The problem is they weren't available in plastics like pro to season quickly...

I'd say the average giant is a tick more os than the average destroyer, too.

I think the average Trespass is a tick more US than the average Destroyer though. I would err on the side of Giants, personally.

Another vote for the Trespass. Though those Bio Enforcers can beat into it as well.

You could hold out for the DD Defender, sounds likes it's supposed to slot in between Trespass and Enforcer, putting it solidly in Destroyer territory. I haven't thrown one, but the Cutlass has nearly identical dimensions to a Destroyer so that might be worth checking out as well.

I think the most direct replacement would be the Cutlass. It's just so new that there's not many reviews on it and as a result not that much following.

The other options are all good discs, but there is always either a stability or a rim width difference that might or might not bug you.

Thanks, How are things going in CoMo, is strawn in the ground yet?

Grand opening this summer before Mid-Am. I've been out of the loop these past couple of years but I hear progress is going pretty decent now. It's going to be a really big course. They've been putting in a lot of rock structuring from what I've heard so far which is what's taking longer. 3 pads per hole also. 3 day tournament this year for pro/adv, Strawn will be a one round day because it's a par 68!

What kind of Destroyer are you looking to replace?
Overstable/stable/flippy?
Star/Pro?

That, detective, is the right question.

In general, I find the Lucid Trespass to be a good Destro replacement for something with a little more turn, but will still hook up at the end. Similar flight and distance, but, it definitely has more lateral movement.

Giants and Worlds will both be more stable to overstable at the end of flight, but I've never found a Giant or World that didn't have a pretty decent high speed turn to begin with. They definitely end OS, but the initial flight on the half dozen I've owned started with a bit of a lean right.

I've only owned one Enforcer, but that thing was one of the beefiest Trilogy drivers I've thrown. (outside of the crazy XXX/Stiletto group) 173g Domey Fusion Enforcer didn't have any turn when released flat, sailed dead straight for about 70-75% of it's flight, then bit down hard! Very much like the Glow Destroyers I've had. Good glide for an OS disc, barely effected by the wind, great skip.

For a flippy Destroyer, my Trilogy choice has to stick with the Sword. The thing just carries. It will hold it's turn for most of it's flight, but it fights back to flat or a mild hyzer finish. Great turnover disc with a substantial glide! One of the only high speed drivers Westside has that I really like.

For a high arm speed the world/giant combo is amazing.

The bioenforcers are near carbon copies of the rare first run star destroyers that were very os.

If you have a lower arm speed it sounds like some of the previous advice would work though I have not thrown the trespass yet.

And that begs the real question should you even be throwing anything over a speed "10."

I would suggest highly the Saint. Great distance, very controllable and a forgiving disc. Could you ask for anything more?

Cutlass or Bio Enforcer are the best bets.
Pretty much this.

One thing about Bio Enforcers is that they are (un)fortunately pretty consistent in how they fly. It means that you will get a solid pretty overstable Destroyer replacement easily. On the other hand it means that you will not find a flippy compliment for the stable ones no matter how you search. :rolleyes:

Latest posts