• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trip to vegas.

notrpmp

Hello all, I am scheduled for a trip to las vegas from april 2nd- 6th i was wondering if anyone had some detailed info about the courses there, like how strict of a private course is pecole ranch, if it is super strict can someone show me around that maybe lives there? I am trying to get all 6 coursses in on 2 days so i can spend some QT with my wife after she shope while im playing. Anyways thanks in advance for any info.

Andrew Z.

weather they are worth playing or not im going to play them all im trying to get 30 new courses in this year and 6 in a different state always helps

peccole ranch you can play if your discrete. in other words dont go after any disc thrown into someones backyard. the real problem with peccole is that there are no signs to let you know where to go, to play all 18. theres a section that you have to walk quite a ways in between to play the whole course and if you dont know where to go its easy to miss it. talking to a local is your best bet, or hooking up with one to show you the course. i dont believe there are maps anywhere you can get for the course either.

I played Sunset over the New Year... It is very open... I was told I should play a couple others that are 10 or so miles out of town, but I never made it to them... When you go to Sunset, walk across the street and go to Sunset Pizzeria, VERY GOOD!!!

peccole ranch you can play if your discrete. in other words dont go after any disc thrown into someones backyard. the real problem with peccole is that there are no signs to let you know where to go, to play all 18. theres a section that you have to walk quite a ways in between to play the whole course and if you dont know where to go its easy to miss it. talking to a local is your best bet, or hooking up with one to show you the course. i dont believe there are maps anywhere you can get for the course either.

yeah i found a map of pecole ranch here http://www.lvdiscgolf.com/courses/peccole/index.php i think ill get around just fine i plan on being up at sunrise to play these courses anyways so i shouldnt run into too much of a hassle i hope do you know where i should park i know theres a lot nearby by the playground but i dont know if that is prvate also.

I played Sunset over the New Year... It is very open... I was told I should play a couple others that are 10 or so miles out of town, but I never made it to them... When you go to Sunset, walk across the street and go to Sunset Pizzeria, VERY GOOD!!!

thanks ill check it out

I just played Sunset for the first time in their Ice Bowl this past weekend and its a fun course. Im not used to such distance on holes or so much OB around a lot of the holes either. Its worth noting that the distances here when looking at Sunset are inaccurate, and several of the holes listed are actually considerably longer, the tee signs are accurate but some of the distances on the site are not.

Its worth noting that the distances here when looking at Sunset are inaccurate, and several of the holes listed are actually considerably longer, the tee signs are accurate but some of the distances on the site are not.
Be aware that many of the holes at Sunset have multiple pin positions. The active pin positions listed on DGCR are the ones that were in play when I played 11/4/2008. I'm not sure how often they change pins, but if you have updated locations you can change the DGCR Hole Info.

ERic

I played all the courses in Las Vegas, except Freedom Park - closed for construction, over my New Years holiday. Disc Golfing during the day and gambling at night!
Sunset is the best course. Mountain Crest is good also, but its crammed pretty tight in the park.
I liked Peccole Ranch because it a tight course that requires control. Print out a map from the website and you should have no problem playing there. There are tee signs on every tee. I parked in the parking lot at the tennis courts around the corner, but I've seen people park on the street around the corner from the first tee.
Davis Park is not worth going unless you just want to practice. A map is require to play there.
Anthem is not worth the drive unless you out in Henderson already. All nine are straight shots and short.

The biggest problem that I had was getting to the courses. Get yourself a good map for Las Vegas or do map and directions from Google.

Hello all, I am scheduled for a trip to las vegas from april 2nd- 6th i was wondering if anyone had some detailed info about the courses there, like how strict of a private course is pecole ranch, if it is super strict can someone show me around that maybe lives there? I am trying to get all 6 coursses in on 2 days so i can spend some QT with my wife after she shope while im playing. Anyways thanks in advance for any info.

Andrew Z.

Letting your wife loose in Vegas to go shopping by herself?

WHAT, ARE YOU NUTS?

Just kidding. Really, just kidding!

I'm going to Vegas in May for 10 days with my girlfriend. Going to slip a few discs in my bag, just in case. LOL

Woodpecker

Latest posts