• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TruBank Des Moines Challenge

Lol.....I don't know how many of the original band members are even left. DuBrow was an awesome frontman.

Yes he was. That dude had showmanship, probably fueled by all the cocaine that eventually killed him. I loved Quiet Riot growing up. Metal Health was the first cassette I ever bought.

Hmm just tuned in. . Udiscs says that the leadcard have diffrent tee times?!?

Question for Chuck—how will the ratings for MPO round 1 be established?
The unofficial ratings for R1 will be calculated based on the scores entered in the R1 column, same as any event. The fact some of the scores include holes from two days is the same as if the weather conditions changed to be like this morning but at the end of their rounds yesterday. Regardless, when official ratings are calculated, scores from all three rounds are averaged together just like any event which will distribute the variable weather conditions uniformly among the players so that everyone gets the same rating for the same score.

The unofficial ratings for R1 will be calculated based on the scores entered in the R1 column, same as any event. The fact some of the scores include holes from two days is the same as if the weather conditions changed to be like this morning but at the end of their rounds yesterday. Regardless, when official ratings are calculated, scores from all three rounds are averaged together just like any event which will distribute the variable weather conditions uniformly among the players so that everyone gets the same rating for the same score.

I guess I misunderstood previous statements. I thought that there was a method for adjusting ratings when something like this occurs.

I guess I misunderstood previous statements. I thought that there was a method for adjusting ratings when something like this occurs.
There are refinements that could be made in the process to at least review anomalies like this event to see if there were significant differences. But to my knowledge, the PDGA continues to apply the standard automated processes for tee time round ratings. However, they have adopted the important special procedure to set ratings produced in semi/final rounds when the fields are cut.

This seems pretty equitable.

Seems Kristin "slipped" a bit today, while Eveliina had a good round. If not for Salonen, Tattar, would basically be able to cruise to a victory tomorrow. At keast Salonen is close enough to make Kristin feel some pressure.

Europeans doing great. . wonder if we ever had europeans win both MPO and FPO?

Nice to see Eveliina get the hot round after bad putting in the first few holes. .

Europeans doing great. . wonder if we ever had europeans win both MPO and FPO?

Nice to see Eveliina get the hot round after bad putting in the first few holes. .

She definitely runs hot and cold on the DG course. If she gets consistent, look out!

Simon has played steady throughout. Actually looks like he played a little cautious based on the number of pars.

Tomorrow should be really interesting from a competition standpoint.

Yawn...another course record by McBeth.

I just noticed he quietly shot 12 under today.
He's only 4 strokes off the lead. He's obviously figured out how he wants to attack this course. His work's cut out for him, but depending on what the guys in front of him do...
:popcorn:

Anyone know how long before the video is available on DGN? I watched half of the live coverage for R2 MPO and had to leave. Hoped to finish it now, but nope.

He's only 4 strokes off the lead. He's obviously figured out how he wants to attack this course. His work's cut out for him, but depending on what the guys in front of him do...

Must have snuck in his old Innova bag.

The way his year has gone, he might go even or -15 tomorrow...

The way his year has gone, he might go even or -15 tomorrow...

Excellent point. This year, he's had a some record setting rounds, and laid some eggs. It kinda makes him more compelling to watch than when he was dominant, because the outcome is anything but certain.

Latest posts