• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats

Course popularity has a big impact on total votes. Reviews on less popular courses just seem to get less readers, and certainly get less votes. Write a review on a well known course, and you'll get votes. Whether those are thumbs up or down is more a function of the quality of the review, but actually getting someone to click a button is more a matter of the course itself, as well as the population near that course.

The stats for Silver Reviewers have been updated. Some summary stats for the current Silvers include:

* Most Reviews (75+): mndiscg, wolito, Martin Dewgarita
* % Reviewed (98+): wolito, jblough, mndiscg
* % Helpful (96+): RustyP, bettsjc, Martin Dewgarita
* Fans (5+): Martin Dewgarita, JMONEY, Greg Layton
* Most votes (345+): JMONEY, billnchristy, forehandfranz

Your average Silver reviewer ...
46.8 reviews written
62% courses reviewed
89% helpful votes
3.11 course rating
11.8 States played

I really need to start writing reviews again. I'm dragging down the stats with only a 20.1% courses reviewed rate. My problem is I have a hard time being motivated to write a review unless the course is unique, or at least notable.

Course popularity has a big impact on total votes. Reviews on less popular courses just seem to get less readers, and certainly get less votes. Write a review on a well known course, and you'll get votes. Whether those are thumbs up or down is more a function of the quality of the review, but actually getting someone to click a button is more a matter of the course itself, as well as the population near that course.

Definitely. I've reviewed a ton of crappy Illinois courses and most of them don't get many thumbs. That's a big part of why it took me 300+ reviews to get diamond while some have needed 1/3 s many.

Definitely. I've reviewed a ton of crappy Illinois courses and most of them don't get many thumbs. That's a big part of why it took me 300+ reviews to get diamond while some have needed 1/3 s many.

I'm sure it also took you that long because you (my case also) have been here relatively short compared to some of the others . . . had you been a member for 10 years and only reviews 200 you probably would have been diamond still.

Yet, those reviews are probably the most helpful and arguably the most important ones.

I agree. One could argue how much good the 75th review of a popular course does. The second or third review of a course, especially when the first review is more than a year old, is extremely important. You have to remember that just because you don't get a thumber doesn't mean that a person that has no interest in becoming a member isn't finding your review by googling the course and getting something out of it.

That was a giant run-on sentence. Hopefully it makes sense.

Funny. You are the second person who has told me how crummy the Illinois courses are, especially around Chicago. Guess that will be the last state I visit to play a new course in. j/k :)

I still haven't written all of my San Diego reviews because I get the feeling that the locals down there have a lot of pride in their sub-par courses and I don't care to catch flack for it.

Edging closer to bronze!

I still have about 13 courses to review,just haven't gotten to them yet,bleh :|

I wanna be caught up with you gaiz :(

Funny. You are the second person who has told me how crummy the Illinois courses are, especially around Chicago. Guess that will be the last state I visit to play a new course in. j/k :)

There are actually some decent courses around, and a few really nice ones elsewhere in the state. They're just way outnumbered by short, flat, boring city park courses around here. :gross:

I still haven't written all of my San Diego reviews because I get the feeling that the locals down there have a lot of pride in their sub-par courses and I don't care to catch flack for it.

i went into Morley with the mindset that it would probably not be as great as it was made out to be... and i was still a little disappointed. there are some fun shots but that place is a safety disaster waiting to happen. i can't believe nobody has gotten their face broken yet.

There are actually some decent courses around, and a few really nice ones elsewhere in the state. They're just way outnumbered by short, flat, boring city park courses around here. :gross:
What was Jukeshoe's line? It was something like "Chicago disc golf courses are like your first girlfriend, flat and kinda boring."

i went into Morley with the mindset that it would probably not be as great as it was made out to be... and i was still a little disappointed. there are some fun shots but that place is a safety disaster waiting to happen. i can't believe nobody has gotten their face broken yet.
The first shot I ever took at Morley I almost hit a guy who backed up one step off the back of the tee for # 2, and I birdied the hole. Then I walked up onto the #2 tee and almost got hit by the group behind me. It was a pretty instant reminder that you were going to have to keep your eyes open. That was back in the 90's, and the place was packed then. I can only imagine how bad it is now.

It's definitely gotten more crowded in the last 10 years or so, though at least some new courses have finally opened up around the area.