• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try not to worry about those thumbs down, especially when your ratio shows that the majority of people find your reviews helpful (as yours does redarmy).

BTW, I read your review of Woodland, and thought it was accurate and a good review so you got your 50th vote. Congrats!

I try not to worry about those thumbs down, especially when your ratio shows that the majority of people find your reviews helpful (as yours does redarmy).

BTW, I read your review of Woodland, and thought it was accurate and a good review so you got your 50th vote. Congrats!

w00t!

thanks buddy!

been waiting a while for that little orange icon.

now i just gotta get out of st. louis, or increase this area's readership of DGCR by a factor of 12 or so if i hope to ever make silver :|

check page 20, there was some discussion/theorizing about this very topic back there.

now i just gotta get out of st. louis, or increase this area's readership of DGCR by a factor of 12 or so if i hope to ever make silver :|

You mean like by promoting the heck out of dgcr on the local courses?!? Ppl I run into on the course ask me about other local courses, I tell them, but also say 'Heres a DGCR flyer, my name on there is "texconsinite", check out my reviews or message me if you have any questions about courses or want to meet up for another round.'

It funnels ppl onto the site and gets them using it, and the more ppl that sign up, the more that will rate reviews (probably starting with yours, since you introduced them to it) and ultimately more ppl to write their own reviews.

You mean like by promoting the heck out of dgcr on the local courses?!? Ppl I run into on the course ask me about other local courses, I tell them, but also say 'Heres a DGCR flyer, my name on there is "texconsinite", check out my reviews or message me if you have any questions about courses or want to meet up for another round.'

It funnels ppl onto the site and gets them using it, and the more ppl that sign up, the more that will rate reviews (probably starting with yours, since you introduced them to it) and ultimately more ppl to write their own reviews.

i have tried that many a times.

problem is, at my local course anyway most of the players are just casual (or TDD's as another put it a couple days ago), and they aren't really interested in expanding or learning more.

what i'd like to do though is just print up a bunch of 8.5x11 ads for DGCR and post them around the courses i frequent, but i haven't worked out those logistics yet.

still waiting for tim's feedback on my t-shirt idea too :)

Has anyone made it to Diamond Reviewer yet? That would be a huge benchmark to reach.

No diamond reviewers, yet.

You can always go to the "Members" link and then "Browse Members" see who all the TRs are, and what level they are at. There is an " only trusted reviewers" checkbox and a drop-down menu that lets you select what levels of TRs you want to see.

I wonder who the first one will be to reach diamond? That is indeed a huge benchmark. Tim has certainly made diamond level a challenging goal to hit, but we have several really great reviewers that are well on their way.

Do Neg votes count against TR status? My 4.5 star for Maple Hill (still the highest rating I've given out lol) earned me another neg today. So is it the # of helpfuls you get to reach TR or is it # of helpfuls minus not helpful?:confused:

You have to fulfill the requirements for the TR level, and also not your negative votes be more than a certain percent of your positive votes. A couple thumbs down won't hurt you, it's only if you get a ton of them that it really matters.

You have to fulfill the requirements for the TR level, and also not your negative votes be more than a certain percent of your positive votes. A couple thumbs down won't hurt you, it's only if you get a ton of them that it really matters.

well I only have 22 Helpfuls and now the 2 negs from Maple. Meaning those 2 comprise about 10% lol. Whats the % I need to keep it under?

Someone who knows better can correct me, but I believe that your thumbs down can't be more than something like 40% of your thumbs up, so you have no problem right now. I read your maple hill review, and I thought it was fine. Just keep playing and reviewing, and don't worry so much about a few votes. :)

well I only have 22 Helpfuls and now the 2 negs from Maple. Meaning those 2 comprise about 10% lol. Whats the % I need to keep it under?

Check out timg's Post #1 on this thread. See if that answers your question.

Check out timg's Post #1 on this thread. See if that answers your question.

I did. It just says the # of helpfuls you need to have. Not if the 'not helpful' votes are taken into account or not.

They are taken into account. It's along the lines of what mashnut said but the percentage is 45.

I did. It just says the # of helpfuls you need to have. Not if the 'not helpful' votes are taken into account or not.

You're correct. My bad. I didn't realize how much the original post had become a work in progress It was interesting to read the pages follwing page one to see how this thing came to be. I believe this system may now be significant at the .05 level using the Spearman-Rho Coefficient of Correlation.

Do Neg votes count against TR status? My 4.5 star for Maple Hill (still the highest rating I've given out lol) earned me another neg today. So is it the # of helpfuls you get to reach TR or is it # of helpfuls minus not helpful?:confused:

I don't think many people will give you a negative vote for giving a course 4.5 instead of 5 stars. As long as you're putting good content in your reviews, you should be fine. From what I've seen, the short or bulletted reviews tend to get lots of negatives, while the thorough, detailed reviews tend to get lots of positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts