• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations EricJ! I'm going for silver myself, but I pace out my reviews, it seems like they get buried pretty easy. As far as going for gold goes, all Olorin has to do is sit down and write and he has us beat, or imagine if Donavan played 50 courses.

As far as going for gold goes, all Olorin has to do is sit down and write and he has us beat, or imagine if Donavan played 50 courses.

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm not in a race. (I have to admit that I'm gratified to be in the Silver club, though.) Valkyrie Kid has the most reviews, by far, so he must be well on his way to Gold. I've still got a backlog of new reviews to get caught up on and they take about 3 hours each to finish, so I don't get them done too fast. (Does anybody actually ever read the files with additional notes that I post for courses that aren't in NC?) I also review fine dark chocolate so that consumes some of my time too.

Ouch... I was wondering why I wasn't marked as a trusted reviewer and now see it's been changed to 50 votes. D'oh!

Wow.. congrats! :)

ERic, I changed the ribbon to red from blue for the gold icon. I tried the little sun burst thing but it wasn't showing up too well.

I seem to be stuck at 45 thumbs and I probably won't be playing any new courses until Spring. I guess I should invest a little more time into reviewing courses here in my stomping grounds, but it's harder for me to review courses I play all the time for some reason. Go figure.

Congrats Valkyrie! Maybe there needs to be a platinum level now just to give him something to shoot for.

Greg,

Your reviews can still get thumbs as new members read them. Although you're right, voting does seem to noticeably drop off once a review leaves the homepage so newer reviews do tend to get more props.

ERic, I changed the ribbon to red from blue for the gold icon. I tried the little sun burst thing but it wasn't showing up too well.

The red ribbon looks great. It really sets the gold medal apart from the bronze.

Earlier, you said you might do something special for people with a ridiculous number of votes, something above gold level. Any ideas what that might be? Another medal? Maybe Ken Climo's face?

Maybe you could change the font of the review to a different color if someone hits 500 thumbs. Just a thought

Earlier, you said you might do something special for people with a ridiculous number of votes, something above gold level. Any ideas what that might be? Another medal? Maybe Ken Climo's face?
No clue yet.. Nobody has really gotten to that point so I haven't given it too much thought.

I am thinking about special minis for silver and up trusted reviewers though as a "thank you". They'd be similar to the current minis available in the store but I would have a special gold one with a red stamp for gold level, a silver one with a blue stamp for silver. Maybe I could add "Trusted Reviewer" on their somewhere.

I might also reverse the colors depending on how that looks.. so blue mini with silver stamp and red mini with gold stamp. I kind of like that better actually.

Although I'm kind of wary of doing that so people don't cheat and have random people vote them up just to get a "prize".

Although I'm kind of wary of doing that so people don't cheat and have random people vote them up just to get a "prize".

That's what I was thinking... too easy to get taken advantage of. Otherwise, it's a cool idea.

Well, I do know exactly who is voting for each review.. I could do a little due diligence and determine if a majority of someone's votes came from just a few other people in which case that person wouldn't qualify for the mini. That might dissuade someone from asking their buddies to vote "helpful" on every one of their reviews.

Well, I do know exactly who is voting for each review.. I could do a little due diligence and determine if a majority of someone's votes came from just a few other people in which case that person wouldn't qualify for the mini. That might dissuade someone from asking their buddies to vote "helpful" on every one of their reviews.

Maybe you could require something like 50 helpful votes from a minimum of 25 different users before giving someone trusted reviewer status. Silver could be 150 and 50. It sure does seem like some people get almost an automatic 8 to 10 yes votes as soon as their reviews post.

Those minis are a cool idea...yet another reason for me to go play new courses and spend time at work typing out the reviews ;)

...almost at bronze :D

Very cool VK on Gold Status...we should flood his Social section posting area with congrats! LOL :D

Traditional ribbon colors = Blue with Gold, Red with Silver, White with Bronze.

Beyond gold=platinum...then double platinum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts