• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Truth vs Buzzz

Not familiar with a Truth, but this discussion has me interested. What would be the best to go with as far as plastic?
They're all pretty great, but personally I would recommend starting out with a Classic Truth. They start off just a bit more OS than the rest (outside of maybe the Moonshine's) but beat in to be sweet flyers.

If you want one with a touch more high speed turn and a straighter finish right out of the box, then grab a translucent Lucid (the opaque tend to be a bit more OS comparatively).

The Buzzz is an amazing disc. Amazing...

But I no longer bag a Buzzz, I bag the TRUTH! (In various plastics) :thmbup:

Just like the truth is a better buzzz and the rival is a better tee bird, these new companies have an advantage of making a tried and true disc even better than the classics that came before.

This of course is my mere opinion.

Rival a better Teebird? No way...nothing is better than a Teebird. Nothing.

Wow...Fusion Truth. Love this disc, and it is sneaky long. Guy I played with asked what I was tossing, the Truth, the hole (see what I did there) Truth, and nothing but the Truth. Great disc!

I currently throw a 176g moonshine truth as my stable to overstable mid. I really like the feel of the Truth and would like to stick with that mold. What plastic would you guys recommend for a more stable to understable disc? Prime, classic, lucid? Doesn't have to be out of the box but I don't want to spend a year beating anything in either. Thanks in advance!

I currently throw a 176g moonshine truth as my stable to overstable mid. I really like the feel of the Truth and would like to stick with that mold. What plastic would you guys recommend for a more stable to understable disc? Prime, classic, lucid? Doesn't have to be out of the box but I don't want to spend a year beating anything in either. Thanks in advance!

It's Prime. Hands down, one of the best base plastics out there. I have a Prime Truth that's just dead-nuts strrrraight. And it's like $8!

The Lucid Truth is the favorite disc in my bag. It goes where you tell it too and is way longer than you expect.

The Lucid Truth is the favorite disc in my bag. It goes where you tell it too and is way longer than you expect.

This ^^^^

It actually kicked my Roc3 out of my bag and with it's wider rim, makes it easier for me to forehand.

I used to throw Buzzz's, then switched to Roc's a few years ago, now the Truth is my main go to point and shoot mid.

My Lucid Truth was fast, long, great glide, and had hefty fade, which I wasn't expecting compared to the mild fade Buzzz. Throw a hyzer drive with the Truth vs Buzzz, and watch the Truth sail away to the left, and the Buzzz methodically hold the line. IME

Well, the Prime will beat in fast. I think it took a week for me to make it most US disc in my bag. Classic has similar tendencies, but will take a lot longer (maybe a month or two) to become a real turnover mid.

My problem with Classic and Prime is that they feel very different in your hand than the other Truths. Maybe its because they are board flat, but they feel a lot shallower than premium ones and lack some of their glide as well. So I dropped both.

Today my straight with some turn Truth is a flat 172g Lucid. A domey 178g Fuzion is way more stable. Not really sure which is the biggest factor in determining the stabiliy. I would still recommend a lighter Lucid.

Another option, which I have not tried but heard good things about, is the Bio Fuzion. Should be pretty stable when new, but beats in a bit faster than the other premium ones.

Last edited:
The Core is closer to a Buzzz than a truth. When I switched to all Trilogy bag the Buzzz was the hardest disc to replace. Tried a Truth and did not like the less stability. The Core is much closer.

The Core is closer to a Buzzz than a truth. When I switched to all Trilogy bag the Buzzz was the hardest disc to replace. Tried a Truth and did not like the less stability. The Core is much closer.

I keep trying to find these stable Truths, and I just can't. The first fusion I had was close. Lost it. Got a Lucid. It turns way easier than a Z Buzzz. Got another Fusion, and it's the same. I may just have to carry both a Buzzz and a Truth.

I keep trying to find these stable Truths, and I just can't. The first fusion I had was close. Lost it. Got a Lucid. It turns way easier than a Z Buzzz. Got another Fusion, and it's the same. I may just have to carry both a Buzzz and a Truth.

I have a lighter(171g) Lucid Truth that is more stable than a heavy(177g) Fuzion one. Had a 178g Moonshine that was also less stable than the Lucid but not as flippy as the Fuzion. I lost both the Moonshine and Lucid within a week of each other and stopped using Truths and just recently got the Lucid back. Not sure if it will stay in the bag or if I have fully moved on...

My Lucid Truth is more stable than the Moonshine. These are the only two I have, so I don't know if it's the norm.

I instantly fell in love with the truth. Two facts: it has a very nice bead on it and helps with my release. The other was the plastic difference z vs. biofusion plastic. Just love the biofusion.

The real kicker is the bead vs. no bead concept. If you can live with very little to no bead the buzz is impossible to beat.

I felt the buzz due to the lack of bead was inconsistent for me. As in me being inconsistent with the release.

The truth, with the bead is just so more forgiving for me.

Also, the truth is minutely lower profile and flies longer.

Not a bonus for longer arms but wow what a beautiful flight-the truth.

Latest posts