• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying a new putter soon

attik34

Birdie Member
Looking for something that...

Feels heavy....i know...get a heavier disc or w/e but for example...my 173 anode "feels" heavier than my 174 pro-d magnet. I guess more so than heavy the word im looking for is beefy feeling....

Flight would be super duper straight to understable...like...my magnet doesn't fit the bill as far as the understable side of it i guess...im using htis purely for putting not for throwing or approaching....

As far as rim and such....i'd prefer it be a shallow rim...bead isnt a big deal....i like the way my wizard feels...not the way it flies would be a good way of describing that....i dont like the like...steepness of the anode

also....grippy is good....

suggestions

Lat64 pure or spike. Both shallower rims the pure is deeper than the spike but still way shallow. Eze is probably the best base line plastic for puttig. Between the 2 the spike is a little less stable, but both can fly like you have asked.

Yeti or Magic. Magic might not "feel" as heavy.

EDIT: EZE Spike is a good suggestion too

Pure is a good option as Mr Glass said, but if you want understable, check out a Westside Swan2. Not exactly "heavy" feeling, but certainly understable, shallow, and grippy.

Swan 2. Less stable than a Pure, slightly shallower, and has similar wing to a Magnet.

RFF Magic. Flies straighter than a Wizard and is super grippy. MST has some 175s...

Ever try a Dart or Wedge? They're both pretty fun molds that glide better than a Wizard and are pretty shallow.

IMO/E you should try a Magic. They have a shallow rim & fly pretty straight.The one i have is their DX? (feels chalky) & actually "feels heavy" although it only weighs 170gms. The Summit has a shallow rim & is a very straight flyer. From their site: "The Summit is the understable complement to the V.P., our overstable putter. The Summit flies straight at lower speeds, making it a great disc for beginners and players looking for a predictable finesse approach disc." The Focus is also very straight, but does'nt have a shallow rim. Or you could get a Dart which is dead straight & has plenty of glide.