• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying to improve backhand, break 300 ft

frinkster

I really enjoy disc golf and have been playing for a few years. I do a lot of field work seeking to improve my form/technique. I have watched numerous videos (Simon L, Seabass, Dynamic Discs, Will Sch., etc) and taken videos of myself and tried to analyze and improve my form. However, I am not able to get beyond 300 ft. Was wondering if anyone could look at these two videos and let me know if you see any areas I should work on. I should also mention I have been reading DG threads on form/technique and that has been helpful.

https://youtu.be/5PJum8L0Bog

https://youtu.be/GQWrLDMrru8

Need to land more balanced inside or closer to target from your rear foot. Note how Markus hops and glides his CoG forward balanced over the rear leg.

Thanks! I'll work on that. What about timing? Am I opening my shoulders too early?
I really appreciate your help

Can't be in time when off balance. You are slowing down leaning back away from target behind rear foot. Need to keep gliding forward centered and balanced and quick/efficient.
giphy.gif

NQX7EBz.png

701DA37.png

Thanks! Will work on that. Really appreciate your time helping me understand what i need to improve

Hi Sidewinder,

I've continued working on better posture and a more balanced walk up and throw. Let me know what you see I should work on in this video:
https://youtu.be/wE-04Has4wc

Thanks again for all your help! It has already made a difference!

Leaning way too far back behind rear leg/lifting front leg/foot up too high and stomping down. Your front foot should glide like 1-2" off the ground and swing more underneath you.

This should feel very different in balance/weird/quick.

Thanks sidewinder. I appreciate your feedback and know i have a tendency to start out lifting too high on my first step. Ill work on a smoother glide

Balance, Posture, Center. You are landing and leaning back too far behind your rear foot and your chin is behind and underneath your shoulder. Get your head balanced/stacked/centered over feet and chin up above shoulder/s. Don't try to shift/lean your weight back, just stay more centered and forward balanced. Slow down and keep your feet more underneath you. Previous drills still apply.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.20.21 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.20.21 PM copy.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 62
Thanks for taking the time to analyze my form and point out areas needing correction. Really appreciate it.

I think your balance is being thrown off by starting your backswing at the start of the hop (i.e. when you are jumping off the front foot). Try doing your forward pump while you are starting the hop (i.e. on the front foot). The backswing is started by landing on the back foot after the hop (i.e. door frame drill--back foot pushing body forward while turning back so that butt leads you into plant).

Latest posts