• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Turner Park, Gran Prairie, TX-Sun Oct 11, 2009

I heard there is only 6 baskets out there now?

So... If I don't have tmie to go out there and play the course once before the tourney would I be completely screwed? I'd like to play but I'd also like to not embarrass the hell out of myself.

I heard there is only 6 baskets out there now?

Right or Wrong, I edited the Info for the course to give something to use as a way to play the course. I left the fact that there are no tee pads. I measured the holes from the previous basket to the next basket. Anyway, at least now the distances are something you can play with. All the baskets are there, but some have broken chains or are missing some of their chains. Look at the hole info, for what I set up for it. If everyone hates it, I'll wipe it out. But I just figured it was better than nothing.

I just played that course last Mon as well. I gotta tell you, playing from basket 9 to basket 1 is can be an adventurous route. LOL

So... If I don't have tmie to go out there and play the course once before the tourney would I be completely screwed? I'd like to play but I'd also like to not embarrass the hell out of myself.

BAH! Don't sweat that. Plus it is so new, most will struggle as it will be many people's first time there. Most of the holes you can see the path and basket ahead. There are maybe 3 holes where seeing the basket is a bit tough 12, but you can walk up and see that one and there is 13 and 18. !3 isn't too bad, but 18 you can throw all you got and still not see the basket until after your second throw. It's a long par 5 (815 feet with the first half all up hill).

Last edited:
Played the turney yesterday. The course was very cool. I thought it was very similar to Samuel Grande. I think this course will be very popular. I would like to see a big tournament with this course and Fritz park.

I think this course will teach us how to throw up and down hillsides and land on hillsides, something we dont have too much of in the metroplex.

Didnt play Grand, so it has as much elevation as Turner?

I really liked the elevation changes, nice addition to the DFW scene. This course is going to get alot of play I believe due to it's location and it's a very nice park and good course layout.

Didnt play Grand, so it has as much elevation as Turner?

no grand didnt have quit as much elevation, at least not as severe, but the two parks are very similar. it's nice when you can find a park to put a course on that doesnt requeire spending months cutting holes out of the texas brush.

turner has some holes where the basket is on the edge of a steep drop off or on the slope of a hill, that make for some really intersting putts. grand doesnt have those, but it did have some interesting water.

I really liked the elevation changes, nice addition to the DFW scene. This course is going to get alot of play I believe due to it's location and it's a very nice park and good course layout.

yes, and it has the closest beer run of any park i have ever played, i think it is hole 16 that is about 100ft from a Valero. ;)

So how many showed up?

I was shot after the Ace Race on Sat in Waco TX. Oakley Doakley on here hit a regulation Ace on #12 at Woodway there during the Ace race. He spent all his winnings on his brothers' thirst. Cool guy! Congrats Oakley!

So how many showed up?

I was shot after the Ace Race on Sat in Waco TX. Oakley Doakley on here hit a regulation Ace on #12 at Woodway there during the Ace race. He spent all his winnings on his brothers' thirst. Cool guy! Congrats Oakley!

68 i believe, good for the lame weather

yes, and it has the closest beer run of any park i have ever played, i think it is hole 16 that is about 100ft from a Valero. ;)
you should change your screen name to the power of beer.:D Cool another worthwhile course close to Fritz. I had planned a road trip to Bear Creek and Fritz.. got to work this one in now. :cool:

I cat wait to play some golf with you. Your head is in the right spot!

Latest posts