• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Twin Cities Winter 2014 Guide

Eagle's Edge in Brooklyn Park is a good winter course. Not sure of the state of it at this point. Last year me and one other guy in our league kept the tee pads in pretty good shape. Most likely we'll so the same this year.

Getting out this weekend? I can bring a shovel with.

Please take some pictures!

I imagine dealing with the trees from 6+ feet up higher would completely change the shape of the fairway. If I could miraculously get down the unplowed streets and get to the course, I would have to dig down 4+ feet to get to each basket. That would be a lot of fun to try though

Sunday is looking promising and very little snow in the forecast through then. I think I'll try to get a buddy that's coming in from out of town to trek out to BRP with me. Otherwise, what's everyone think the best option south of the Cities would be? Kaposia or the Valley? CP Adams is possible as well.

Plymouth is probably in good shape. I remember that being in great condition all last winter.

The teepads at Kaposia are in great shape. It is easier to lose a disc at the Valley in the winter.

Shakopee tees are in great shape. Course is playing really well right now with the small amount of snow we've had so far.

Saturday and Sunday look to be a great chance to get in a couple rounds.

I'm thinking Sunday at BRP if nothing else. What's everyone else's plans? Any course updates for this week?

If anybody wants to come play bald eagle, Sunday could be nice for it. 11 holes, 3 tees each of tight technical fun. I was able to throw 22 holes last Sunday.

My extended forecast in Winona has highs over freezing for the next week, and near 50 for the weekend.

Early X-mas present. The second round of snow is nearly gone here :)

i might be down for sunday brp

however i just had an old project for school get sprung on me. i have to do hella work all week. and have a final on monday and tuesday

so ill debate once it gets closer

My plan is to play all day on Saturday. BRP early (for me like 830am) and play til dark basically.

Anyone else in? It would be cool to get a decent group, maybe toss down a couple $, nothing major, maybe mixed dubs

My plan is to play all day on Saturday. BRP early (for me like 830am) and play til dark basically.

Anyone else in? It would be cool to get a decent group, maybe toss down a couple $, nothing major, maybe mixed dubs

I do not have the time to commit to BRP. I am game for a round or two at Hansen or Plymouth, but that is just about it for me.

I might need to get out. Cabin fever and it's only the second week of stupid December.
Couldn't do all day, but....

Some nice weather the next few days! Who is getting out and where's a good bet?

I have been thinking about making it out to BRP this weekend. But wondering if something like Kaposia or Acorn might be in good enough condition to rip through quicker.

Anyone been out the last couple days? Figure it'll be muddy/wet but better than -20!

i'm never playing anywhere other than BRP in the winter again.

seriously, being able to plant makes such a huge difference.

and i'm so tired of shoveling everywhere i go.

i'm never playing anywhere other than BRP in the winter again.

seriously, being able to plant makes such a huge difference.

and i'm so tired of shoveling everywhere i go.

I played Hansen today and that was in great shape. Kudos to whoever shovels those pads. In the afternoon I played a quick round at Eagle's with my sons. I had cleaned them up yesterday knowing that the leftovers would melt today.

In general I am very appreciative of this week's weather. I was able to play without ribbons today. I did have to search for a Comet for 20 minutes, but that was a fluke. Everything else stayed on top and or was easy to find, especially since I was having trouble finding the fairways.

Latest posts