• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Twin Cities

Swisher Streets

Double Eagle Member
Heading up to the Twin Cities this weekend for our annual Fall trip Friday-Sunday.

Looking to hit some different courses than last time, any suggestions other than these?

Blue Ribbon Pines
Bryant Lake Park
Hyland Ski & Snowboard Area - 18
Kaposia Park
Riverside Park
The Valley DGC
Todd Park

Heading up I235 from Des Moines and the plan is to hit one course on the way up, thinking Oak Island DGC in Albert Lea on the way up Friday morning then stopping by Airborn or GGGT and heading up to Blue Ribbon for the rest of the day. Looking for some course ideas for all day Saturday and 1 or 2 courses on Sunday that arent on the list above. Also looking for some good Brew pubs or must hit places to eat in general.

Kenwood Trails with two tees and baskets on each hole is a few miles off I-35 in Lakeville.

^Definitely worth checking that course out.

Maiden Shade is off 35 too and a great course if you are passing by you really should play it.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1510

Acorn Park is a fun course in Roseville MN and Lakewood Hills in White Bear Lake not too far east and would be on the way to or from the valley/kaposia area.

Elm Creek Park is a long open rolling hills course maintained by the same people who run Bryant Lake. Really caters to "big" arms but its a great piece of property and I always enjoy throwing there.

Are you going to St. Cloud too? I see riverside park on your list but the trip from twin cities is not really worth it IMO unless making a day of it up there. Wirth Par 3 and Fort Snelling play on traditional golf courses with airborn being near Fort Snelling and GGGT near Wirth.

Are you going to St. Cloud too? I see riverside park on your list but the trip from twin cities is not really worth it IMO unless making a day of it up there. Wirth Par 3 and Fort Snelling play on traditional golf courses with airborn being near Fort Snelling and GGGT near Wirth.

Everything on that list is what we played last time, we stayed an hour or so west of the cities so it was on the way back. This year we are staying at a hotel in Mankato if that helps at all. Any non sanctioned tournaments or leagues this weekend I need to avoid? Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Cale Leiviska runs those Airborn leagues too(obviously lol....) Bumped into him a few times not knowing they would be at a course that day and always very welcoming.

Depending on how much driving you feel like doing I'd recommend these as great courses that don't get enough love.

Hidden Lake an Sportsmans Hill by St Cloud
Crown College

Depending on how much driving you feel like doing I'd recommend these as great courses that don't get enough love.

Hidden Lake an Sportsmans Hill by St Cloud
Crown College
Crown College is on the list!

Needing help picking one out of these three..
Kenwood Trails DGC
Maiden Shade
Oak Island DGC

Depending on what day and time you plan to play, note that Kenwood Trails cannot be played on a school day until 2:30.

I'm somewhat Biased, but definitely I would say Oak Island.

Are you looking for someone to play with as well? I cannot play, but I could probably hook you up with someone to give you a tour of Oak Island, depending on when you play my dad is out there nearly every day, he built the course and always enjoys showing people around.

OAK ISLAND!!!!! Solid golf, i accidentally stumbled across the course on my way back to Wisco from Cali, the course was still rough with no tee pad or signs. Some locals showed me around, i was very, very pleased that i played there. It might be my favorite MN course that i've played.

OH shoot! I hope I'm not too late!! Oak Island is NOT playable this weekend, the big Island Rendezvous takes over the course for about a month's time, Tallgrass may be playable, Riverland definitely is playable - both are fine courses worth playing if you're already there, but Kenwood or Maidenshade would be a better option.

In Minneapolis on business and brought my NutSac. Staying in the Maple Grove area without a car, and it's gonna be a busy two weeks. Elm, Bryant, and BRP are on my radar. Any recommendations? I might only be able to play one :-/

In Minneapolis on business and brought my NutSac. Staying in the Maple Grove area without a car, and it's gonna be a busy two weeks. Elm, Bryant, and BRP are on my radar. Any recommendations? I might only be able to play one :-/

I heard an ugly rumor that the baskets at Elm were quietly pulled. Elm is five minutes from my house and on the way home from work. I am going to stop by tomorrow and check to make sure.

Bryant is closer to Maple Grove and is spectacular looking this time of year. BRP is the better, more challenging play, but the lack of elevation, tougher play, and greater chances of losing a disc always makes it a toss up between it and Bryant.

Also within striking distance of Maple Grove is Becker, Clearwater, Hidden Lake, and all the Saint Cloud courses. BRP is approximately 40 minutes from Maple Grove, Bryant about 25 minutes, and Clearwater about 40.

Elm is only a good choice if you really want to make big shots. Wind is a huge factor and the tall grass/ rough on Holes 12 and 14 are notorious for hiding discs. I lost three there last month. Individually, the holes are decent and challenging, but as a whole, the course is repetitive with Holes 4 and 5 not only being off to the side but having the feeling of a completely different course.

I teach in Saint Cloud and come down I94 back to Maple Grove. I drive by Clearwater (Sportman's Hill) at 4pm and Elm Creek at 4:30. Some times I might sneak out to Eagle's Edge (Brooklyn Park but right off of County Road 81) at 4:40.

I am likely going to be out there Monday and Wednesday.

Dude, thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. Please let me know about Elm. Also, you hit the nail on the head why I am not just saying Top 10 Course here I come. Bryant looks fantastic and BRP doesn't immediately appeal to me based on the most helpful reviews. And Mashnut rated both Bryant and BRP 4 discs... Plus, the signage and navigation sounds annoying for a solo newbie.

BRP has a tourney going on Saturday, which might be my only free day. Possibly Sunday. I'll find out tomorrow.

Latest posts