• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two MN courses in the top rated list!!

Does Eastern Minnesota have Awesome Courses?

• Total voters

Texconsinite

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Its about time, is all I can say!! Both are immaculately maintained. Timmy Gill does not fart around with course design. Any other designer have two courses in the top reviewed list? Thats a testament to MN, their course designers, and their players.

The best part is it will attract more people there, and the other great courses will get additional notoriety. Then, I can look forward to watching MN dominate the top 100 courses list next year. Its gonna clean up like slumdog millionaire at the oscars.:eek:

Post on the poll, I want to start a riot. If some other city is better, say so, otherwise talk about your favorite MN courses, for those fortunate enough to have played in the land that jesse ventura built.

Last edited:
I'm heading up in July. I'm really looking forward to it. :) I was gonig to try and make sure and play Kaposia instead of Bryant Lake, but maybe I'll have to try all three.

That didn't last long. Thanks to a screaming reviewer, Winthrop Gold is now #10.

Not anymore.. that wasn't even a review.

I have lived in Mn my entire life and got into DG about 6 years ago. In the Twin Cities area there are numerous courses from beginner short 9 hole courses, up to the immaculate courses like Bryant Lake and Blue Ribbon Pines and everything between all with in 45 minutes driving any direction. I have played courses in Wi, PA and OH, and they have some nice courses but none in the quality or quantity that is currently available in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. If you have the chance for a few days in the area I would make the trip you wont be disapointed.

I don't doubt that the MSP area has some awesome courses, but again having two courses in the top ten list is more a testament to having a lot of DGCR members in that area that are plugging them than their actual creds against the rest of the directory. Same thing goes for the Oregon entries on there, or Flip.

I checked the number of members within 100 miles of downtown Minneapolis (zip code 55401) and there are 62 of them. 57 within 50 miles.

Latest posts