• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Underrated Putting Putter?

I sometimes get matched up with a group in a tournament where it sees like everyone is putting with Lunas. I find it refreshing when meet someone that's putting with something new. I'll start it off by saying that I putt with the Prodiscus Sparta. I like how straight and glidey it is, but my favorite thing about them is the plastic. Prodiscus base plastic can be both firm and very grippy. I really like not ever having to think about the disc slipping.

What other underrated putting putters are you using?

Last edited:
Either of these tend to get used more. Aviar P&A, Yeti, Whale.
If it's windy, and I have the foresight to bag it. A max weight Rhino.

Right now I have a battle in my bag between Fierces and Pure Zeroes for my main putting putter, switching to a Jawbreaker Banger-GT when it is windy. I trust the Fierce a little more when I have to manipulate a shot around trees, etc., but starting to lean towards the Pure Zeroes as better for straight putts. Those are all pretty popular, I think, so honorable mention to my old favorite, Soft Magnets, which I still think make a great all around putter.

I know it technically doesn't fit your question but the Discraft Buzzz.

Atoms. You don't see many MVP team members using them, but I actually know quite a few AMs and low level Pros around here that use them. It's a great option if you like a straight shallow putter.
Some are fantastic throwers too. I just got one of the Fission Atoms from the gyro box and it won't flip much even thrown 300+ feet.

I probably have like 12 Atoms and I love every one of them.

Some are fantastic throwers too. I just got one of the Fission Atoms from the gyro box and it won't flip much even thrown 300+ feet.

I probably have like 12 Atoms and I love every one of them.
Yeah, I managed to find one of the R2 Atoms from the starter sets being sold all by its lonesome. It's nice and straight. Didn't get one of the Fissions in my Gyropalooza box, but I have a friend who is waiting on his box who's willing to trade me if he gets one.

Yeah, I managed to find one of the R2 Atoms from the starter sets being sold all by its lonesome. It's nice and straight. Didn't get one of the Fissions in my Gyropalooza box, but I have a friend who is waiting on his box who's willing to trade me if he gets one.
Nice hope you snag one. Mine is almost like an Envy in an Atom's body.

*Insert whatever putter you use here.
Does that really apply if I've switched between PandAs, Wizs, and Lunas recently with a JK Aviar having been last years winter putter (which I'm using 4S Wizs for this year).

I putt with Wardens now, but the Gateway Magic started my love for beadless putters, putting and throwing.