• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Understable Disc Suggestions

you looking for driver or midrange. the wasp is a midrange. what drivers do you throw currently and with what results. distance, flight pattern

I have a Wasp which I like quite well. However, I would like something similar to the Wasp only understable. I would appreciate any advice.
Define "similar to the Wasp." I'm not sure what qualities that disc has that you are looking for in an understable disc, so it makes it hard to suggest something.

If he wants an understable midrange with a bead I'd say that sounds like a Comet to me, anyone concur?

If he wants an understable midrange with a bead I'd say that sounds like a Comet to me, anyone concur?
There are only three types of people...those who have a Comet, those who want a Comet, and those who really don't know what they want. Once the people who don't know what they want find out about the Comet, they know what they want.

I have a Comet, I'm not a fan. Couldn't knock my Skeeter out of the understable mid slot in my bag.

I second the comet, and whole-heartedly love the disc. It was my first mid range 15 years ago, and still will always have a place in my bag. Perfection for a nice slow anhyzer line. Enough glide, but no so much as to make it inaccurate. Put just enough spin on it and there's no low speed fade either... just keeps that nice slow anhyzer line all the way to the ground. Great utility disc too, for those 'WTF do I throw?' shots around/over/under/roller obstacles.

Thank-you everyone for all the advice. I knew that there were plenty of people out there with more knowledge than me. I will continue to await more opinions before I make a final decision.

If you want something like the wasp only less stable, how about a disc that is actually derived from a Wasp. The Buzzz is actually a "super straight" modified Wasp. If that is still too stable, you could try for a Buzzz SS, it has a rating of O compared to Buzzz's .5. The Buzzz SS is a little more rare, so you'd have to get one off of eBay or something. I own both a wasp and a Buzzz, they act similar,though the Buzzz is noticeably less stable than it's big brother the wasp.

Am I the only one that thinks a Buzzz SS sounds redundant? Buzzz SS would equal Super straight modified wasp Super Straight.

I am looking for a midrange like the Wasp only understable. I am currently happy with my drivers.

The Comet "feels" very much like a Wasp in the hand. I carry both and use both regularly. It is considered "stable" but will act understable if you release it with anhyzer angle, or if you torque it really hard.

I am looking for a midrange like the Wasp only understable. I am currently happy with my long range drivers.

Try the DGA Squall. It will hold any line you apply to it.
I throw mine forehand, backhand, thumber, tomahawk, spike hyzer, anny, ect. Just a great multi purpose disc.
If you put a lot of crank on it it will become understable.
Also a GREAT disc whenever you need to skip.