• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Understable Discs

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Searched and Searched for forums.. There is no list. I'd like a list of the top Understable Drivers, Mids, and Putters! Thank you!!

there are soooo many out right now. this is going to be a huge list.

my favorite long D driver is a lat64 bolt in gold line
mid is a buzzz SS
and putter...well the aero. i putt with challengers though.

River is probably going to be a very popular choice for understable fairways. Also, the Leo.

Searched and Searched for forums.. There is no list. I'd like a list of the top Understable Drivers, Mids, and Putters! Thank you!!

There is no such thing as a "top" disc. Perhaps you're better off with a poll for most popular? Everyone has their own favorites.

For me it's Avenger SS, River, Buzzz SS, Summit.

My understables are Avenger SS, Xpress, Sidewinder, Vision, River and Fuse.

Comet is considered neutral, but it is used by many as a dependable mid instead of a truly understable one.

I also like a nice, beat MJLS for fairway/distance

Under/over stable is very relative to the thrower. As far as very understable disc I'd list Stingray (fairway), Mamba (driver, Meteor (based on what I've heard) and Optimizer (just ridiculous).

The next cut would be Cobra and Stratus (both fairway).

Next in no particular order is Leopard, Avenger SS, JLS, allegedly Vulcan (but there's no way my Star Vulcan is -4) Roadrunner, River, Polaris LS, then Sidewinder and Cheetah, then like Valkyrie and Katana (though the Katana is supposed to be more unstable than Valk).

I'm sure I've left a few out (either forgotten or not thrown).

Avenger SS and Road Runner are both pretty understable (they kind of over lap). A lot of people like The River, but I can't get used to that lip. It just slips out early way too often. The Leopard and Comet handle most turnovers for me. I also use a beat to hell 150g Pro D Force for turnovers beyond 300' (new out of the box Force is far from understable though). A friend of mine just got a Glide, it seems to turn over pretty well too.

Under/over stable is very relative to the thrower.

That's not really true. The shape of a disc and the way it performs at speed are what define it's stability. Sure, some throwers may not be able to get a disc up to speed, so it will act more stable to overstable, but it's still an understable disc.

innova:
vulcan, mamba, sidewinder, roadrunner, leopard, cheetah

discraft:
nuke ss, spectra, avenger ss, glide

lat 64:
bolt, vision, river

dont feel like listing the rest nor do i really know of any. most neutral discs will beat into understable flyers even some beefy ones in baseline plastics will too.

Joe's Universal Flight Chart

You really want a "list" in the form of 3,412 individual posts?
'Cause here's what you're gonna get:

176 popsts which say Roadrunner
150 Leopard's
50 JLS'
23 for Express
597.3 say Comet... you get the idea.

Plus, some idiot is bound to throw discs out there like the Orc, Destoyer, or a Drone.

Dude: just check out Joe's Universal Flight Chart at GottaGoGottaThrow
Find a mold that you have a good "feel" for, and think of the ratings all being relative to that disc.
Sure there are always differences in plastic, but the OP is so vague as to make those differences irrelevant.

/thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts