• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Understable Discs

Boss.

/thread

lol

Yep. A 159 DX Boss I have is the flippiest disc I own. Next is my 161 Star Vulcan. Vulcan's can range in stability pretty significantly with weight.

Monarch belongs on the short list as reliable understable discs too...

I throw a roadrunner, a valk, a cd (not a td... The td and cd should have switched names)... A beat roc for mid, and an xd for putter

Yeti Pro Aviar 175
R Pro XD 175
Champ Sidewinder 168
Star Valk 168
Champ TD 168
Champ Archon 168
Star Vulcan 162

That's not really true. The shape of a disc and the way it performs at speed are what define it's stability. Sure, some throwers may not be able to get a disc up to speed, so it will act more stable to overstable, but it's still an understable disc.

You may want to visit the techniques forum, I think there may be some nits there that need to be picked too. ;)

Yes, all discs are over/under stable based on "getting up to speed" as defined by Innova, Joe's Flight Chart, and whoever else rates discs. The thrower's ability to reach that speed is the variable. Oh, and inconsistencies in different lots from the manufacturer but that's a whole another story.

Star RR
Buzzz/skeeter
seasoned jk aiar

Ive tried alot of understable drivers/mids, and always come back to the star RR and cryztal buzzz for dependibilty.

TD, River, Fuse. I don't really use a lot of understable plastic, I prefer to just beat in stable things.

Latest posts