• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Understable mid?

The Meteor should do what you want. I haven't tried a Z Meteor, but in ESP plastic it comes out of the box understable, and it's very durable too.

Comet or Meteor as mentioned many times in the thread.

But my money would be on a Legacy Gauge. Hands down my favorite plastics on the market.

Squall

I didn't read through to see if it was mentioned, but it's my understable mid of choice. It fills the understable mid and fairway driver slot for me. It's predictably understable at a wide variety of ranges.

I decided that I'm going to go with a Meteor today, I ordered one at DGcenter.com. I debated trying the comet and went back and forth but finally decided the Meteor was worth a try, and I think it will be better because all of my mids will be the same speed. I plan on having 6 molds in the bag for the rest of the winter.

Aviar P&A in Champ and DX
Z Hornet -OS
Cryztal Buzzz -straight
Z Meteor - US
Leopard (various stages of wear in champ, star and Dx plastic)
Teebird (various stages of wear in champ, star and Dx plastic)

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I don't like Discraft much, but mainly because I've never given them a solid try, besides the Buzzz and an old ESP First Run Wasp I've had for years, I have just thrown Innova. If I don't like this linuep I can always go back to my Rocs.

One to try if your not big on beaded discs is possibly the Mystic, very similar to a Comet in stability but they are fairly flat and have a rim that is a cross between a Coyote and Skeeter.

You may find that Z meteor to be much stiffer/harder than your Z hornet.
Hornets almost have a esp feel depending on weight.
You may find you want an esp meteor

You may find that Z meteor to be much stiffer/harder than your Z hornet.
Hornets almost have a esp feel depending on weight.
You may find you want an esp meteor

Again, I haven't tried a Z Meteor, but you can't beat an ESP Meteor for feel, durability, and understable goodness.

I'd say to grab an ABC Flying Squirrel or ABC Mission. I love them both. Typically I carry a champion Roc3 for stable shots and the Mission for understable shots.

My only understable midrange disc is a beat dx roc. I throw that or my Leopard for turnover shots right now. BUT...my roc is getting too flippy.

I was wondering what other disc could replace the roc and fly understable right out the getgo?

Preferably something in premium plastic, so it would STAY that way for longer than the dx roc?

I know Roc enthusiasts will say "another roc", but at the moment, I am experimenting with other brands/molds, and do not want to continue cycling my dx rocs, although I love them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

i embarked on a similar journey earlier in the fall and replaced my super flippy dx roc with a z comet. so far it's working for me and it feels similar to my roc3's.

I haven't thrown a Meteor at all, but I can agree with the Flying Squirrel nod. Mine is in the Gold plastic. It actually flies very similarly to my X Comets, just a bit farther. Comets and the Squirrel can all be put on any line tho.

little confused here. i've owned several fuses and they were all understable. even my opto, though the max weight opto didn't turn quite as much.

i guess maybe we need to qualify - i own a 176g GL fuse and that thing turns like i remote control it.

OP, it would actually help if you were to tell us exactly what you're looking for. the fuse i use for holes like this one:

e2d0f000.jpg

where i need it to turn and not come back, but not burn. you hit it right and you'll be at the top of the hill on the far right.

so the question is, i guess, are you looking for that kind of shot or just mildly understable? that will probably help us stop making 50 million recommendations.

I've got a decent stack of US mids but I feel like I haven't quite arrived at just the right one. What I'm looking for is a mid for easy hyzerflip tunnel shots, one that will hold big anny lines, that powers down nicely for long approaches, and can handle the hole posted above. All in the speed 4 slot.

I've got an ESP meteor that I like, 165g, but I feel like I have to put too much oomph on it to get it to really turn and get off the line I put it on. I have a max weight DX stingray and cobra which I've had trouble getting to turn at all but on a slower mid like that I appreciate the added accuracy off the tee from a heavy mid.

Would a heavy XComet fill the slot I'm looking for? I want something that I know I can turn without using max power and plowing into a tree.

I've got a decent stack of US mids but I feel like I haven't quite arrived at just the right one. What I'm looking for is a mid for easy hyzerflip tunnel shots, one that will hold big anny lines, that powers down nicely for long approaches, and can handle the hole posted above. All in the speed 4 slot.

I've got an ESP meteor that I like, 165g, but I feel like I have to put too much oomph on it to get it to really turn and get off the line I put it on. I have a max weight DX stingray and cobra which I've had trouble getting to turn at all but on a slower mid like that I appreciate the added accuracy off the tee from a heavy mid.

Would a heavy XComet fill the slot I'm looking for? I want something that I know I can turn without using max power and plowing into a tree.

Prodigy m4 and westside tursas hold great anny lines. The tusas is less stable but both are very useful mids. The m4 is an awesome mid. Can throw all sorts of shots with that thing. Also both are very comfortable in the hand