• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable speed 9 drivers.

Archangel.
I know they have changed it's speed rating, but it still feels slower to me and has been one of my best, most consistent molds for the almost 20 years I've been throwing them. I have a Hatchet as well that I like fine, but I can normally throw an Archangel or Valk and get similar results.

Valkyrie in star. Best max distance driver for anybody that doesn't have ridiculous power. It will hold any line except hyzer when beat and is a great turnover disc

I have both a (K1) Falk and an (opto) Fury and they fly nearly the same. Both are very understable. I also have a champ Sidewinder and it is noticeably more stable than the Falk and the Fury. They all will bomb, but I tend to reach for the sidewinder the most.

I think the c line CD2 flies like a seasoned thunderbird. I could easily see the PD comparison. Both are great discs.

I'll suggest the Legacy Bandit. The stats are 9/5/-2/1. They're almost exclusively made in Icon plastic. Icon is similar to star, but better IMO. It's beats in kinda fast, but holds that sweet spot for a really long time. Also from my experience, Icon becomes more grippy with use. Not good in head winds, but it's understable.

Edit: They're also in Legend plastic. Think a better Innova's Shimmer Star.

Last edited:
No one suggested the Saint!
Fresh it's straight but it beats quickly in to a very useful disc.
I can use mine for long turnovers and "short" laser line, or flip up to long hyzers...

Star Sidewinder felt amazing as well.

No one suggested the Saint!
Fresh it's straight but it beats quickly in to a very useful disc.
I can use mine for long turnovers and "short" laser line, or flip up to long hyzers...

Star Sidewinder felt amazing as well.

Saint would be the slightly OS to neutral slot. This disc will eventually season into a roller while a freshy will compliment moly other stable drivers. So basically you say saint I say escape (for now)

I'm a DD thrower primarily, but I threw a Prodigy H5 a month ago and loved it. Great glide without crashing with very little fade.

It's a hard slot to fit for me, finding the right balance between turn and glide seems to be one of my biggest needs being a LHBH thrower.

Valkyrie. I have a pro plastic and dx. WIth the two of them. The dx is beat and very easy to flip if I'm not careful. Pro should be in my bag a lot more than it has been. But, I'm currently throwing a star td2 for most of my needs more distance understable duties.
I'd recommend that one too and let them duke it out for superiority.

Latest posts