• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unseasonably warm temps in the midwest

LeddZepp8687

Bogey Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
It was in the upper 50s and lower 60s this weekend up here in the chicagoland, Better believe that I got out for some disc'n! Played red, blue and silver/gold courses today at lemon lake in shorts and a long sleeve dri-fit and I was completely comfortable. Given that it is december 2nd, Thats pretty awesome. Great day of disc golf today with some good friends who are also on these boards.

Who else from around this area got out this weekend and where did you play?

Cheers!

played a few rounds yesterday at Highland and Trinity down in Joliet. Didn't get out today but i plan on hitting up a few rounds tomorrow before the rain shows up. It was almost shorts/t-shirt weather today, i can't wait for tomorrow.

played a few rounds yesterday at Highland and Trinity down in Joliet. Didn't get out today but i plan on hitting up a few rounds tomorrow before the rain shows up. It was almost shorts/t-shirt weather today, i can't wait for tomorrow.

Nice, I am a big fan of both of those courses. Are you from the area? Where are you playing tomorrow?

not sure, might hit up west park early to prep for our bag tag leagues or maybe down to shorewood to mix it up. too many courses around here to choose from!

I'm in Minnesota and I played a solid 54 holes yesterday at Blue Ribbon Pines, a little damp, but still amazing!

Red fox, grey fox, uw parkside, uw orchid....

And commons.

Couldn't have been nicer out! :)

It was in the 60s/70s all weekend in Oklahoma. Dgers are loving it all around the state!

(trying not to think about global warming and just looking on the bright side:D)

After 16 (perfect weather) days straight of DG all day, I worked all weekend, now I sit, trying ton convince myself that it might be the last 'nice' (50's and cloudy) day of the year, though in my mind nearly every day is nice (give me rain, snow, wind, w/e, I don't mind). Maybe I'll still get a round in today (1hr drive one way), or maybe I'll just work on building my own course here.

It was in the high 60s/low 70s here this weekend, which was awesome because we set up a temp course at the Country Club here in town. I got 2 rounds in on that course, wish we could have it around all the time!

I'm also in MN, played an 18 hole warmup round at Millstream in St. Joseph then headed to Hidden Lake in St. Augusta and played another 18 on Saturday. Then a quick 9 cooldown round at South Park in Hutchinson. Was damp in the morning but cleared up by the afternoon.

Except some some windy day, I'm loving it, 80's in Dec and Mid 70's all this week, sometimes it pays to be a Southerner

Went outside for a bit and didn't want to come back in. Too damn nice to be in an office. Should be out on the course.

I live in nebraska and there's usually snow on the ground, or at least not getting over 30 degrees. I think temps hit 65 here yesterday. Went out and played 27 holes with my gf. Excellent time, excellent weather. Gonna try to make it out to the field today to work on my drives. I feel like I'm soo close to getting my form fixed so I actually have snap and no longer strong arming. Had almost a revelation this weekend. Feel like 400 is just around the corner!! :)

Went to idlewild with my son saturday. Did the original 18 and had a great time. I think it was somewhere in the high 50's. This week it is going to get cold but they are saying we will be back in the 50's by the weekend.

I can't complain about wearing shorts in December in Ohio.
In the past 64 days I have only taken 4 days off from playing.

Almost 70 today!! Got a morning round in before the wind came...I got to wear short sleeves...shoulda wore shorts!!! I love this!!!

It's going to be upper 50's low 60's when I play tonight. Sadly the wind is picking up and will be 15mph or so on an open course. But it's cool, my main glow disc is a firebird, so I can handle the wind (gonna be my first glow round too!!)

Latest posts