• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unsung Heroes.

Valks and Wraiths get a lot of run around here, so I don't consider them unsung. Cyclones are a good call, imo, I'd also add the Stingray, makes a lot of shots possible that you can't execute with too many other discs.

Star Roadrunner

Finesse disc out of the gate. Great big turnovers and rollers.

I'm casting my vote for the firebird too.
I never hear them being talked about on the course but they're a vital part of so many players game (mine included)

I have to go with gators.
not a lot of hype (though growing lately) and a great disc!!

If Innova didn't change the origional Gator mold they would be more popular. But I see plenty of these already.

I see Preds and Firebirds all the time.

As much as I love overstable stuff, think about the Meteor. Amazing disc and great for long straight shots.

I would say the Nebula but there is a whole thread somewhere that is all about the Nebula love.

Last edited:
I see some Sonics and Superheros...more than you'd expect. I throw both messing around at home but not on the course but several players in the area throw 'em all the time. We also have a blowfly contingent in this area.

I love the Orion LF. It goes damn straight for 270ft, and then gives you a nice predicable fade at the end.

Most of the Westside's discs, specifically the:

Sword - do it all distance driver

King - awesome open field distance, flippy enough to get out there and stable enough to keep it from doing anything stupid

Innova:

R-Pro Polecat - Deadly accurate from 40 to 100 feet, and a great feel to the plastic

Vibram:

Trak - Vibram has a solid following, but this driver is so versitile it really needs to be talked up more

^^^
The above post is an example of what this thread is not about. Thread is about discs lots of people use and could be considered "standard procedure". Not a lot of people use the above discs.

^^^
The above post is an example of what this thread is not about. Thread is about discs lots of people use and could be considered "standard procedure". Not a lot of people use the above discs.

Gotcha, I give you the Polecat is definitely one not used a lot, the same can go for the King.

However, I would put out there that I do see some love for the Trak and Sword.

So, this thread is looking for discs that are used a lot but not getting a lot of attention? That makes it a little harder because good discs will always get good press, like the TeeBird, Roc, and Buzzz. In this case I would agree with such nominations as the Meteor, FLX Drone, and basically a lot of the older putters and mids that are not as sexy as all the new stuff coming out. I also agree with the Z Force and would like to throw in the X XS.

The Firebird gets my vote. There are very few that I've seen throw it like a regular disc for any real distance. Yet everyone has one for those must go right shots that are fighting the wind or staying away from O.B. or hazards.

Nobody else threw out the Banshee eh? It gets mentioned occasionally, but compared to the number of Banshees I see at the course and in peoples' sigs, I think it qualifies as unsung. Overall, a very solid and dependable disc.

Latest posts