• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Up and Coming Good Reviewers

Woohoo! I'm a novice! Whatever that means. :)

a newer reviewer in most cases.

I would suspect that you are about 3 reviews away from achieving Bronze level trusted reviewer status on DGCR. It takes 100 review thumb-ups from 10 unique user profiles.

These three have caught my eye recently with their well written and informative reviews.

Jah Plastifari - Has hit a lot of the Idaho courses.

Shadrach3 - College student out in Colorado is bagging lots of courses.

Throwdo Baggins - Besides a most clever name, I like his well writing style.

Love reading reviews from all 3 of these reviewers. Shadrach is relentless - I don't think they've gone more than a week between reviews since starting in May last year? What a streak.

Shallows

Shallows is off to a fantastic start! He joined in Jan 2022 so he's only been on DGCR for a little over 2 weeks. He's also the first DGCR member over 100,000 that I am following. Right from the start he gets how to write a high quality course review! May his tribe increase.

P.S.- In this age of Udisc ascendancy people like Shallows give me hope that DGCR is still viable. In my Monty Python voice, "I'm not dead yet!"

That's great to see! Hopefully we get people who like voting too. I think the Diamond Level TR is going to be harder and harder to reach without an influx of unique voters. I've noticed, since the update where you can see who votes on your reviews, that while my average votes has gone way up it's generally the same 10-15 users doing the heavy lifting (I am not one of them, full disclosure).

Woohoo! I'm a novice! Whatever that means. :)

Novice no longer :D

Congrats on the bronze, and keep up the excellent reviews. I've especially been enjoying them since I'll be playing in your area in a couple months. Really looking forward to it too, that appears to be a sneaky good disc golf area.

Knobby325 hit gold recently (possibly today) and is more than well deserving of it. Just an absolute wealth of knowledge for Iowa disc golf. I need to get over there more and probably will in the near future (running out of WI courses :p), and he's got that state covered. And in a short period of time. :thmbup:

Novice no longer :D

Congrats on the bronze, and keep up the excellent reviews. I've especially been enjoying them since I'll be playing in your area in a couple months. Really looking forward to it too, that appears to be a sneaky good disc golf area.

Yeah, I've enjoyed it. And wellsbranch and cerealman and others have really helped me pick courses when I can play just one. So I hope I can help someone have a better time somewhere. I'm not sure how many reviews I'll hit before your trip, since my near term disc golf focus is to prep for tournaments at Claytons and Tommy Schumpert in Knoxville. But I go to Bristol Motor Speedway about once a month, so my goal is to stop somewhere on the way home each trip. I've played several of them before, but I want to revisit them before a review as I've developed my game and how I value a disc golf course.

Morristown, TN is kind of a disc golf mecca. You have this rural 30k person town that has a monster of a course in Panther Creek and then 3 really solid 18 hole courses. And then you have a top 10 course in Harmon Hills about 40 minutes down the road. And all that is right smack in the middle of solid communities with a variety of courses in Knoxville and the Tri Cities area.

Yeah, I've enjoyed it. And wellsbranch and cerealman and others have really helped me pick courses when I can play just one. So I hope I can help someone have a better time somewhere. I'm not sure how many reviews I'll hit before your trip, since my near term disc golf focus is to prep for tournaments at Claytons and Tommy Schumpert in Knoxville. But I go to Bristol Motor Speedway about once a month, so my goal is to stop somewhere on the way home each trip. I've played several of them before, but I want to revisit them before a review as I've developed my game and how I value a disc golf course.

Morristown, TN is kind of a disc golf mecca. You have this rural 30k person town that has a monster of a course in Panther Creek and then 3 really solid 18 hole courses. And then you have a top 10 course in Harmon Hills about 40 minutes down the road. And all that is right smack in the middle of solid communities with a variety of courses in Knoxville and the Tri Cities area.

Preaching to the choir right there acc! I got to spend 2 months in Kingsport and bagged pretty much all the courses in those three areas. I wanted to get Claytons, Adm F and a few other of those Niners, but my son came for a visit and I had to entertain him! :D
Some great DG there in East Tenn, plus the home of a great shop (Throwmore) and two pretty good Pros - Chris D and Zach M. :thmbup::thmbup:

edfaits has been dropping some great reviews in my neck of the woods over the last week. glad to see a fresh take on some of my local courses that i play often. I wouldnt be surprised if hits gold in a few weeks, if he reviews the remaining courses he played down here.

edfaits's profile page
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=16442

Last edited:
edfaits has been dropping some great reviews in my neck of the woods over the last week. glad to see a fresh take on some of my local courses that i play often. I wouldnt be surprised if hits gold in a few weeks, if he reviews the remaining courses he played down here.

edfaits's profile page
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=16442

Milton Frank Stadium is one of the better autocross sites in the southeast, so that reminded me that I need to hit Brahan Spring Park.

Milton Frank Stadium is one of the better autocross sites in the southeast, so that reminded me that I need to hit Brahan Spring Park.

Hitting Brahan while at Milton Frank would require zero extra effort. It's not even 500 feet to the west boundary of the course. You probably already knew that though. Oldest course in the world outside of California. An average course overall in my opinion, but it's extremely popular due several factors such as; Rec distances and challenge, wooded moving lines, shaded, centrally located. I would equate to an Admiral Farragut vibe, but with 18 holes.

Hitting Brahan while at Milton Frank would require zero extra effort. It's not even 500 feet to the west boundary of the course. You probably already knew that though. Oldest course in the world outside of California. An average course overall in my opinion, but it's extremely popular due several factors such as; Rec distances and challenge, wooded moving lines, shaded, centrally located. I would equate to an Admiral Farragut vibe, but with 18 holes.

Kind of a funny story.

I've been going to Milton Frank since around 2005. Back then, I didn't know about disc golf. I'd see all these dorky looking guys walking around carrying bags in the woods and assumed it was some kind of role playing thing. Like they get out of sight and put on costumes and fight with duct tape swords or something. I saw them throwing frisbees sometimes and thought that was just something they liked to do between their duct tape sword fights.

Then that region lost Milton Frank access for the better part of a decade. I discover disc golf in that period. They get Milton Frank back. I go to Milton Frank in 2019 and "Holy crap, there is a disc golf course right there, I wish I'd brought my bag." Then they lost access to Milton Frank again due to COVID, so I didn't get a chance to go there and play.

From what I've been told by several Bayview in Virginia Beach installed in 1977 is Ed Headrick 5th course. Brahan in 1976 would be no older than his 4th course. If what I've been told is correct. I played a few rounds this morning at Bayview.

I just read your review on Brahan and looked thru the pictures, similarities, and like Bayview "real monotonous feel" lol. Bayview is my first course and review that needs an overhaul, one of these days I'll get around to it.

NATURAL BEAUTY - Average. The 50 to 60 year old pines that occupy 90% of this layout looks really nice on first arrival. However, after you run 5 or 6 holes of what seems like the same backdrop, you'll realize that the course has a "real monotonous feel to it."

Thanks

Knobby325 hit gold recently (possibly today) and is more than well deserving of it. Just an absolute wealth of knowledge for Iowa disc golf. I need to get over there more and probably will in the near future (running out of WI courses :p), and he's got that state covered. And in a short period of time. :thmbup:

Thanks, popped up in December, actually. Still got more of Iowa to cover. Added a course just last week! I've got to get more than one up in your neck of the woods, as well, Wolfhaley.

Thanks, popped up in December, actually. Still got more of Iowa to cover. Added a course just last week! I've got to get more than one up in your neck of the woods, as well, Wolfhaley.

It must've been the first time I noticed then, either way, it's well deserved :hfive:

And if you ever make it up this way absolutely hit me up. I need to get back to many of my WI courses again anyway. :thmbup:

Latest posts