• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UPD Pinch

I got the Pinch today and used it for a casual round.
It's extra super duper light and comfortable. It exceeded my expectations on that score.
It holds a lot more discs than I expected as well. 20 is no problem at all. The putter pocket takes a little getting used too, and it's not the best to set on steep slopes, but what bag is?
I'll report back after twenty more rounds with it, but so far? I am a huge fan.
I 'upgraded' from a prodigy BP2. That was way too large and heavy for casual and league rounds. It seems like I should have done it sooner!
Cool bag. Good value if it holds up for a year.

- there's a loop on the bottom corner, no idea what that's about

It's funny the little things that I implement and are kind of half thoughts that never see any marketing. The idea behind this loop was so you could hang a towel on the D-ring and pull the bottom corner of the towel through the loop so it doesn't drag on the ground! 😂🤷🏼*♂️

Review update after 3 months of use-

After 3 months of use and 40 rounds,

The good-

No rips, tears, broken zippers or pulling threads. Construction has held up well after 40 rounds.
The top putter pocket has loosened up and is no longer annoying to use. The bottom has held up well and sheds dirt.

It is generally excellent.

Since I use the flip out access bottom pocket for my pig and dart it is even steady when setting it down on hills. The top handle strap is useful and well placed- saving my back from bending over to pick up the bag.

The things I wish were better-

I wish the bottom pocket for keys/phone/wallet was a little bigger. It gets a little tight. I also wish it had dual zippers. I have found that the single zipper down the side can open slightly on its own (not sure how) so now I always clip my keys in and put my phone and wallet into the internal sleeve. I have not lost anything out of the pocket, but two zippers would be better.

Modifications I have made-

I purchased this as a lightweight minimalist option- and it can do that. The problem is that I like to load it too full. Who knew? I like my plastic!

This bag can carry a lot of discs and get heavy if you don't control yourself. I caught myself with 5 putters, 4 mids and 11 drivers in the bag early on. It can do it, and could carry even more. For that many discs though you will want a bigger bag with cushier shoulder straps. ThatÂ's not what this was designed for.
But going with less discs made them flop around loosely in the main compartment. That drove me crazy. It needs an organizerÂ…so I stole a 3 section organizer out of my old prodigy BP2 and put it in the bottom. That worked well. The guy I sold that used bag to never knew to miss it.
Now I run this bag with two putting putters in the top, two approach discs in the flip down access pocket (love it), 3 mids and 6 drivers in the main compartment, tucking discs quickly from the fairway into one of the side sleeves as I go along.
I cary my water in the center of the main pocket with extra towels. Snacks go in the side.
The top mini quiver also holds my whale sack nicely and has kept me from losing it (I always used to lose those).

Anyway- I am still very happy with the bag and use if I want to carry more discs I pull out the Zuca cart. ThatÂ's a big commitment though- and when you gear up like that people expect you to be good! I end up going light most often and surprising people that I am not too bad for an old timer :)

Thanks to Upper Park for a real quality product in the Pinch.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed the dickens out of my UP Pinch. I try not to over-stuff it, but I still like to carry 12-16 discs. That can be just enough weight that I enjoy having a sternum strap (especially if I'm carrying a bunch of water as well). I had a crappy sternum strap just pinned to the shoulder straps for a while. But that flopped everywhere. (And the pins poked me occasionally.)

So I took my bag to a local alterations place and they helped with running nylon straps along the outside of the shoulder straps. I went ahead and had them run them the whole way and anchor them every couple inches. That way I can put on some nice sternum straps and also hang some bag tags and other light weight things. I've attached a pic of the very nice work they did.

I also cut up a yard sign to give a bit of structure to the bottom and the walls. Just enough to help it set up a bit straighter. The original support bar along the back is already plenty good, this was just a bit extra.

Attachments

• UP_Pinch_Mod_small.jpg
    UP_Pinch_Mod_small.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 21
At least they added the sternum straps. Price still isn't too bad (especially after accounting for heavier inflation lately).

I'd prefer one tall side pocket... but you're getting pretty far away from a simple bag at that point.

If I hadn't just snagged a Rufus I'd probably bite on the new Pinch model. My old Pinch is probably the bag I've played the most overall rounds with.