• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Just received my Rebel (v2) this afternoon. First impressions: It is very lightweight; the box didn't seem heavy enough to include anything substantial. But the bag actually seems very sturdy and well-made. It's very comfortable on my back even loaded with 22 discs; this is my first disc golf backpack, but I've had enough bad experiences with laptop bags to appreciate the attention to ergonomics. The side storage pockets are not huge, but seem adequate; plenty of room for a few snacks and maybe a light sweatshirt or hoodie. I haven't tried to fit additional discs in them yet but it might be possible. The drink holders are great and don't get in the way when filled. The one concern I have is that when the front flap is completely opened and tucked down inside the elastic pocket at the bottom of the front of the bag (I assume that's what it's for), it's a little tight getting discs in and out of the main storage compartment, at least if the bottom vertical storage slot is filled. But the bag hasn't "relaxed" yet, so that may resolve itself; and at any rate it is certainly usable as is.

I'm very excited to get out and use it later this week!

UB6wLP7l.jpg

cZa29Tsl.jpg

I'm testing out some new molds and new plastic blends for the cold weather currently and got my Shift up to 20 discs - including a DX Zephyr, 5 putters, and 4 mids. Plenty of room in these things, and they still carry like nothing at all. Super light. Absolutely loving this bag.

Also, Slight Shift currently on sale for $89! STEAL!

Got my Refresh code... These bags hold up so well there's no point in getting the same one, so I think I might go for a Focus... Focus for $65?? Hell, yes.

I really really wish I had enough money to get a Shift right now...$89 is a steal and I'm in the market for a new bag!....who wants to trade their bag for my discs! :hfive:

But actually, I've been reading this thread and the UPD website for a little bit now doing some research and I think I want to try out a Shift. I also just got my bag down to 16 discs, so it's perfect!

I really really wish I had enough money to get a Shift right now...$89 is a steal and I'm in the market for a new bag!....who wants to trade their bag for my discs! :hfive:

But actually, I've been reading this thread and the UPD website for a little bit now doing some research and I think I want to try out a Shift. I also just got my bag down to 16 discs, so it's perfect!

I've got 20 in my Slight Shift and could get up to 22 if I really wanted. That includes the stupid oversized Zephyr.

Not meaning to be saying that, my northern brother! I mean it is "Stupid Huge" "Wicked Lahhge" if you're from Boston. I'm actually quite impressed by the way this monster flies!

Still really loving my slight shift - such a great bag and so durable. That said, I'm going to wait until the Rebel with the seat comes out to use my refresh code. Fingers crossed that they put that one out in early spring.

Still really loving my slight shift - such a great bag and so durable. That said, I'm going to wait until the Rebel with the seat comes out to use my refresh code. Fingers crossed that they put that one out in early spring.

Unfortuneately, the Refresh codes only work for equal or lesser value upgrades - meaning, not beyond your original purchase price, and has to be the new released versions (V3 for Rebel, V4 for Shift and Focus) I sent an email to see if I can use my refresh from my Slight Shift for a V4 Shift since it does cost more than my original purchase price, but have not heard back yet. If not, meh. Oh well, the Focus looks great for a smaller bag and has the Hydropak. Plus, it's only $65 with refresh.

I wish I could use my refresh for a Rebel, but that would give me a much larger discount than upgrading my Shift, so I totally understand from their business perspective. There's always 10% discounts from the UPD Infantry for a Rebel. :thmbup:

I love how this company encourages their sales with different discounts. I may sell my Slight Shift to a local and contact an Infantry guy around here to grab a Rebel once the seated V4 comes out.

PS: +10 points to Broken Shoulder for using the word, "Cantankerous!!!"

I'm still trying to convince my wife that I need a Shift even though I have 2 Rebels...

I sent an email to see if I can use my refresh from my Slight Shift for a V4 Shift since it does cost more than my original purchase price, but have not heard back yet.

Apologies. I clearly missed your email. :doh: We've been getting pretty slammed with inquiries lately and I've been trying to get to all of them.

Anyways, when I created the new Refresh codes I went ahead and made all the Slight Shift bags eligible for an Refresh to the Shift. The Slight Shift was our mistake and you won't be punished for that.

On an unrelated note, I'm getting some new t-shirt designs and 3 different colored premium stretch polos decorated as we speak. They are sick! Plus I've got some extra comfy blankets and the digi beanies on deck. :thmbup:

Apologies. I clearly missed your email. :doh: We've been getting pretty slammed with inquiries lately and I've been trying to get to all of them.

Anyways, when I created the new Refresh codes I went ahead and made all the Slight Shift bags eligible for an Refresh to the Shift. The Slight Shift was our mistake and you won't be punished for that.

On an unrelated note, I'm getting some new t-shirt designs and 3 different colored premium stretch polos decorated as we speak. They are sick! Plus I've got some extra comfy blankets and the digi beanies on deck. :thmbup:

Again... Best freakin' bag company ever. Looks like the ladyfriend is getting a hand-me-down Slight Shift! :p (Yes, I'm keeping the V4 - I'm a jerk) :D

:thmbup::thmbup::hfive:

Yet another example of the great customer service from UPD. Also, I need to get my hands on some of those shirts (and possibly the blanket). When will they be available.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Yet another example of the great customer service from UPD. Also, I need to get my hands on some of those shirts (and possibly the blanket). When will they be available.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Shirts are finishing up tomorrow, so likely on the site early next week.

Blankets/Beanies are taking a little longer. Hopefully the week after.