• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

The waist pockets may be useless to you, but, quite apart from providing a conveniently accessible place for a wallet, keys, cellphone, birdie bag, etc., they're perfectly sized and positioned to provide immediate access to my inhaler, nitro pills, and epi-pen in the event of a health emergency, so they're FAR from useless for me.

You do realize the sternum and waist straps (but not the pockets) are already removeable, don't you?

I didnt say useless i said pretty useless. my point is they could have found a better place or at least made the pockets easy to open close with one hand and made the waist straps longer so its more ergonomic . I keep my inhaler in my pocket because on some hole locations i can drive move my bag to the next tee and take my putter to finish the hole. And yes after the using the straps for 3 holes i took them off.

I understand completely. My thoughts are the same, just differing viewpoints.

Have you tried putting the couple extra discs in the main storage area. May be feasible if they are backups or utility and not regularly used throughout the round.

All in all this is my favorite DG backpack design

I understand completely. My thoughts are the same, just differing viewpoints.

Have you tried putting the couple extra discs in the main storage area. May be feasible if they are backups or utility and not regularly used throughout the round.

All in all this is my favorite DG backpack design
Still my favorite bag design also . Sometimes ill put one or two discs in the inside mesh pockets. The main reason for me wanting to add another slot is for the bad weather days when that main compartment has a rainjacket in it.

The waist pockets may be useless to you, but, quite apart from providing a conveniently accessible place for a wallet, keys, cellphone, birdie bag, etc., they're perfectly sized and positioned to provide immediate access to my inhaler, nitro pills, and epi-pen in the event of a health emergency, so they're FAR from useless for me.

You do realize the sternum and waist straps (but not the pockets) are already removeable, don't you?

Also note that the v2 rainfly stuffs nicely into a waist pocket. Very convenient.

Just ordered a V2 Rebel. Love the V1, but wanted another color option (I got a red to go along with my green) along with the upgrades UPD made.

Still my favorite bag design also . Sometimes ill put one or two discs in the inside mesh pockets. The main reason for me wanting to add another slot is for the bad weather days when that main compartment has a rainjacket in it.

I always keep a disc or two in those mesh inner pockets. If I don't, the bag can get a little "saggy" for lack of a better term. It helps the outer pockets stand up and fit discs a lot easier too. Honestly I don't know what else you would use those pockets for, there is not much room for anything other than a scorecard or something very flat in there anyways.

I always keep a disc or two in those mesh inner pockets. If I don't, the bag can get a little "saggy" for lack of a better term. It helps the outer pockets stand up and fit discs a lot easier too. Honestly I don't know what else you would use those pockets for, there is not much room for anything other than a scorecard or something very flat in there anyways.
I use them for sunscreen, bug spray, first aid kit, rain fly and other things I don't want rolling around. Even with nothing in them I find my bag stands well if you have 2 discs in each of the outside pockets.

I have to do the same. I've thought about trying to add stiff plastic instead,

These guys who run upper park are top notch. i had an issue with my shift and made a ticket for a repair or replacement. i was emailed very quickly and less than a week later had a brand new shift in my possession. i love how they stand by their products. other companies can learn some things from these guys. they also didn't have any red shifts to warranty out so i chose blue and hot dang their blue is nice!

Yeah mine is a Blue/Grey V1 Shift and I love it. I think the only "problem" I have with it, is that it's so well built it's going to last forever and therefore, is hard to justify buying the V3 with the improved drink holder!! ;)

These guys who run upper park are top notch. i had an issue with my shift and made a ticket for a repair or replacement. i was emailed very quickly and less than a week later had a brand new shift in my possession. i love how they stand by their products. other companies can learn some things from these guys. they also didn't have any red shifts to warranty out so i chose blue and hot dang their blue is nice!

What was the issue?

I just got a Shift in Mykonos Blue for winter rounds. My daughter has a Focus.

Now I just need a Rebel to have the full collection!

Uh oh

I had the same issue. Upd were awesome but I wonder if this will be a future problem...

uploadfromtaptalk1447292641635.jpg So UPD somehow found out how to improve on the Rebel v1. V2 showed up today and made my day! Now i have twins. Thinking the v1 will get repurposed into a cart...

PS: Let me know if you want a discount on the best bags available

Uh oh

I had the same issue. Upd were awesome but I wonder if this will be a future problem...

A buddy of mine had this same issue as well, though my own Shift is going strong. UPD was great about rectifying the situation, so now another buddy has been gifted his ripped bag (which still functions perfectly well, minus a hole in the top of one of the waist pouches), and the original owner has a newer Shift and just bought a new Rebel.

We're spreading the UPD gospel in IA.