• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Does anybody know the warranty situation on their existing models?

BnUdacVIAAAQGIH.jpg

I got to talk with the owners and check out the prototypes for the new Rebel and updated Shift and Focus bags last night. Anything you guys want to know?

Allthingsdiscgolf has an interview with the upper park dudes (on mobile; can't link)... Rebel will retail for $219, and of I understand correctly, an extra $30 will get it to you earlier (June as opposed to August). Also, fwiw, I saw in Facebook comments that it is made in Vietnam

The shift improvements are nice, but I still can't get past the look of the two small pockets that protrude on each side. i was hoping those would be gone in the new version.

I'm curious to see how the Rebel sells at $219. The hypalon is a nice touch, but aren't the main bag materials a little lower grade than other bags in that range?

My biggest questions:

Is there a warranty?
Does it support their HydraPak or CamelBak? I only ask because it looks like there is an elastic loop on one strap to hold the mouthpiece. This is not a requirement IMO, only a bonus.
What do the insides of the side pockets look like? Compartments inside, or empty space?

Liking the new bag, but I'm not thrilled on not seeing the osprey name involved anymore. I was thinking about this bag, but their exclusion is worrisome.

Look back in the beginning of the thread. Osprey is a back pack company out of Colorado(?), which IMO makes some of the best backpacks out there.

Enough room for a raincoat and a six pack in the Shift?

My girlfriend has the focus and the shift. The shift has room for the raincoat and you could put maybe 3 beers in fairly easy, but not going to hold a six pack with ease. The Rebel looks like the Shift with additional space in the bottom, which would be nice.

Latest posts