• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I am dying to get some more shirts made and I've got a couple new design ideas as well. I can't give you an exact timeframe, but if these pre orders go well, we could see them by the time the Shifts arrive.

I'm kinda bummed about the Version 6 Shift colors. Nothing like all black in the summer. Cutting costs?

Last edited:
I am dying to get some more shirts made and I've got a couple new design ideas as well. I can't give you an exact timeframe, but if these pre orders go well, we could see them by the time the Shifts arrive.

I'll be ready to pull the trigger when you do!

I'm kinda bummed about the Version 6 Shift colors. Nothing like all black in the summer. Cutting costs?

What's wrong with the all black?

I'm kinda leaning towards it. My current blur/grey gets so dirty.

All black is just kinda boring, Ranger. Part of what I love about my UPD bags are the colors that pop. Mykonos Blue Rebel and Whateveritwascalled Red Shift are so much more interesting looking bags than the all black Grips, MVPs, and DD bags.

All black is just kinda boring, Ranger. Part of what I love about my UPD bags are the colors that pop. Mykonos Blue Rebel and Whateveritwascalled Red Shift are so much more interesting looking bags than the all black Grips, MVPs, and DD bags.

I agree. I think they look great but my blue is pretty dirty at this point. The colors really show the grim and mud. It doesn't clean up well either. I'd rather have all grey or black at this point.

Just pulled the trigger on a Rebel (Charcoal and Lime green, great color scheme by the way). Been using typical tourney bags (Fade Tourney then Innova DisCarrier) for the last decade and I'm excited to try a backpack bag.

Just pulled the trigger on a Rebel (Charcoal and Lime green, great color scheme by the way). Been using typical tourney bags (Fade Tourney then Innova DisCarrier) for the last decade and I'm excited to try a backpack bag.

I think you're going to really like it. Carries better, sits up taller to mitigate some bending over, and out of all the backpack options, the Rebel is the most tourney bag-like in terms of inserting and removing discs.
I was really impressed with the Rebel.

I think you're going to really like it. Carries better, sits up taller to mitigate some bending over, and out of all the backpack options, the Rebel is the most tourney bag-like in terms of inserting and removing discs.

I'm a bit of a bag junkie. Daypack, backpacking bag, travel backpack, etc. I'm excited to see a bag that seems to come more from the hiking side of bags than the DG side of things.

USPS sucks by the way. Since Saturday it has shown an estimated deliver of 5/7. Even today after an update, it still shows yesterday as the delivery date. Needless to say, I still don't have my bag.

Well, I am waiting for my second Draw bag to arrive, as I have managed to almost destroy my first one after a year and 5 months of steady use. Great bag for quick rounds or travel rounds. Have to admit, I thought hard about getting a Pinch, but my Shift 4 shows little wear.

Two questions

1. Who do I email about getting or updating my refresh code.ive never used?

2. What's the discount with the refresh?

Two questions

1. Who do I email about getting or updating my refresh code.ive never used?

2. What's the discount with the refresh?

You can email me! ([email protected])
Including your order number in the email will help speed things up. I've got a massive master list of all the codes, so an email or order number makes it really quick to look up.

The code is for 30% off any bag of equal or lesser value from your original purchase. So if you bought a Rebel, you can get 30% off any bag in the lineup. There are a group of people who use their Refresh code on every new version released and I guarantee they are paying $0 for their new upgrade. Assuming you keep your old bag in reasonable condition, you can easily sell it for more than 30% off the retail price and, boom. You've now got the latest version.

People definitely use Refresh but I'd still consider it an under utilized program. Maybe I need to promote it better?

About to be 3 years in with mine. It shows almost no wear whatsoever. if it disappeared today, I'd buy another.

About to be 3 years in with mine. It shows almost no wear whatsoever. if it disappeared today, I'd buy another.

I'll be taking my to Mt. Airy this evening for it's maiden voyage. I'm quite impressed with the build quality and the materials seems on par or very close to the Gregory/Osprey/REI bags I own and use frequently. Seems very comfortable while fully loaded.

A few nits to pick that I've noted before I've even used it.

1. The ability to tweak/adjust the vertical organizers would be awesome. Either with buttons, or snaps, or maybe bungees. I carry 17-18 discs depending on course/conditions. I only put 2 discs in each vertical organizer which leaves the lower (for me it's 2 fairway drivers) especially saggy. I'm considering doing some DIY myself to take out just a bit of slack that would allow better in/out of the lower horizontal discs.

2. The current side pockets seem to be of adequate size for my needs but are just mirror images of each other. I'd like to see one side have more diversity of pockets like the thinner side of my DisCarrier bag.(1 large slot, 2 small slots, and one small zippered mesh pocket all within the large pocket.)

3. The horizontal divider velcro is kind of weird. I usually put dividers closer to the middle to even out the disc weight side to side, creating a section on the left for drivers and a section on the right for mids/putters, leaving a 3-4 inch gap in the middle for assorted stuff like a bag of sunflower seeds and/or a sweat towel. The two rows of velcro across each of the front and back mean that only a couple tiny sections of the divider velcro are actually doing anything. If you sewed a large patch of full height velcro that took up say, the middle 1/3rd or a bit more instead of the strips then you'd get better velcro-ing hold.

4. Super nit-picky: The outside pencil/marker pockets are too deep to put a typical golf pencil into. If you do it drops below the top of the pocket making it a PITA to get out. A standard pencil is a bit too long and would stick way out. Maybe 2 individual writing utensil pockets would be better, 1 deep and 1 shallow. That said, the 2 outside sleeve type pockets next to the pencil pockets seem to be an excellent size for either a scorecard, or a small notepad.

I know this stuff is super nitpicky, especially considering I haven't even used it yet, but having used a ton of outdoor bags, backpacks, daypacks, travel packs, camelbaks, etc. over the years I'm kind of weird about my bags.

I'll be taking my to Mt. Airy this evening for it's maiden voyage. I'm quite impressed with the build quality and the materials seems on par or very close to the Gregory/Osprey/REI bags I own and use frequently. Seems very comfortable while fully loaded.

A few nits to pick that I've noted before I've even used it.

1. The ability to tweak/adjust the vertical organizers would be awesome. Either with buttons, or snaps, or maybe bungees. I carry 17-18 discs depending on course/conditions. I only put 2 discs in each vertical organizer which leaves the lower (for me it's 2 fairway drivers) especially saggy. I'm considering doing some DIY myself to take out just a bit of slack that would allow better in/out of the lower horizontal discs.

17-18 is a super light load for a rebel. I carry that much in my shift (and go to 23 or so with the rebel) I will say that in my rebel, the lowest vertical pocket could be shaped/placed better, but I have a v3 and I think that issue has been addressed but can't say for certain.

I feel like the vertical organizers are ready made for putters and most used midranges. In my rebel, I carry 7-8 putters in the top compartment and all mids/drivers in the lower. Just a preference thing I guess. Maybe I started doing this because it was carried over from my optimal loadout in the shift.

I feel like the vertical organizers are ready made for putters and most used midranges. In my rebel, I carry 7-8 putters in the top compartment and all mids/drivers in the lower. Just a preference thing I guess. .
Same, and I ditched the divider early on.

People definitely use Refresh but I'd still consider it an under utilized program. Maybe I need to promote it better?

Maybe since the bags are high quality and last long, people don't think about getting a new one. If I were to use my Refresh code, it probably would be for a second bag for myself or a gift for someone else.