• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Dude. Get her a Shift. It is a much more versatile backpack and a water bottle holder is better than a bladder. The waist is fine unbuckled. You'll agree you made the right decision once you get it.

X2. My fiancé loves her Shift. A place for keys, phone, and water bottles was important for her.

It won't be too big for her at all. My fiancé is 5' 4" and I'm about 6' 1". Adjust the straps and it fits either of us perfectly.

My new focus bag

Has anyone seen the new invisible focus bag check it out

Just kidding, but I am missing the bag I just order the other day got the hydro pack and mini though. Very disappointed right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 56
Has anyone seen the new invisible focus bag check it out

Just kidding, but I am missing the bag I just order the other day got the hydro pack and mini though. Very disappointed right now.

Stellar customer service and quick response too

Here the email from upper parks design

Re: Order #3020 Missing Item
August 13, 2015 at 17:46

Ryan,

That's not good! I dug into it and the only explanation I have is that the fulfillment center messed up. No real explanation to why that happened, it was on the pick list and everything. My apologies.

I've created another shipping order for your Focus that will ship out Priority Mail tomorrow. I've also refunded you half the cost you paid for shipping and included a second mini disc. Hope that helps ease the pain a little.

I'll send you the tracking link when I have it.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best,
Jon

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 13:29
Ryan<r*************@gmail.com> wrote:
Good afternoon,

I just received my package today and it seems to be missing the most important part of my order. It is the Focus disc backpack. I was very displeased to open the box only to find the hydro pack, a mini disc, and the order form but no new bag. Now I know mistakes happen, but do you not conduct Quality Checks before shipping packages? So what is the next action that I can take to get the missing disc golf bag I order beside contacting you of course?

V/R

Ryan

--
Upper Park Designs

Many rounds in, my issues with ease of use with a backpack appear to be gone with the Rebel. I am converted. Now, will a use a small bag for some rounds/courses? Sure, but I am loving the Rebel so far. I even figured out how to return my putter to the middle slot over my head.

Just picked up a V3 Shift from Greg Barsby when he was in town, looking to replace my Grip Bag. I like my grip, but it is very big and bulky and more bag than I need. I like the design of the shift and I am hoping it will be a good fit.

I just got a chance to start unpacking it and loading it with my stuff. I am putting 9 discs in the main vertical section (3 drivers in each), and they are awfully tough to get in and out (especially the middle). Will these loosen and become easier over time? Bag seems tight overall, but it may be because I am used to a worn grip bag.

Just picked up a V3 Shift from Greg Barsby when he was in town, looking to replace my Grip Bag. I like my grip, but it is very big and bulky and more bag than I need. I like the design of the shift and I am hoping it will be a good fit.

I just got a chance to start unpacking it and loading it with my stuff. I am putting 9 discs in the main vertical section (3 drivers in each), and they are awfully tough to get in and out (especially the middle). Will these loosen and become easier over time? Bag seems tight overall, but it may be because I am used to a worn grip bag.

I don't remember exactly how I originally stored my discs in there, but it was similar to yours. I've since switched things around and keep my putters and mids in the inner section, 2 in each slot. All my drivers are in the outer pockets, and I fit 2-3 in each of those comfortably. I think you'll probably have more luck with reorganizing your discs than hoping the inner pockets stretch.

Looks like you guys picked up another great player to promote your bag(s)...congrats :thmbup:

Still loving my original Rebel. Still the best backpack bag I've owned.

I have 8 discs in the vertical slots (4 drivers and 4 putters)

I assume 9 drivers would fit. I have four divers in the top pocket.

How many discs are you hoping to fit in? This isn't a huge tournament bag.

My current set up is 8 in the vertical, 8 on the sides, and two inside the bag for stability. I could probably fit two more in at least but it would be tight and I'm not looking to tear anything.

I had 3 drivers per in the vertical pockets. I carry pretty low profile discs though. I also stuck a single disc in the bottom compartment vertically and it's just as easy to pull in and out. I had a Blowfly folded up underneath that, but wasn't throwing it so took it out. It's definitely got lots of options on how to store the discs though. So far I'm really loving how customizable it is.

I am going to try 2 putters in the top, 3 drivers in each vertical slot (6 total), 4 mids on the outside of one side, 3 drivers on the other outside, and one putter. I normally carry 16 total: 3 putters, 4 mids, 9 drivers. I will try different configurations to see what is the best.

You need to put 3-4 discs in the top vertical pocket or they will fall out very easily.

Just ordered myself a Shift. Will be my first serious bag let alone backpack style. Pretty excited to finally have something that can hold more than 10 discs. I might actually get myself to where I don't swap out drivers from my trunk before every round!

Played my first round today with my new Shift (used a grip bag for 2+ years), and I was very impressed. Very comfortable, light weight, and everything fits neatly and tightly. It obviously doesn't have the same storage capacity as my grip, but feels much better on my back. Today I carried 16 discs, a 32 oz water bottle, a 20oz water bottle, and beer.

More rounds to follow . . .

what are shift refresh codes goin' for?

I have a refresh code, but I originally bought a focus, so I can't upgrade :(

Got my shift in the mail on Saturday and played two rounds with it on Sunday.

Overall I like it a lot, very comfortable and able to carry what I wanted with no problems. It tipped over a few times on me unexpectedly but the hills I was on were pretty steep.

Great stuff!