• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I used velcro

Wouldn't you still have to sew on Velcro?

I've sewn patches onto my insulated drink holders. You can easily run the thread in and out of the outer canvas with a straight needle, but a curved one makes it really easy.

Hey Upper Park - If you all still check this thread... Any news on the Rebel with the built in seat? I need to upgrade from my Shift and am trying to see if I should hold out a bit longer or just buy the V3.

Hey Upper Park - If you all still check this thread... Any news on the Rebel with the built in seat? I need to upgrade from my Shift and am trying to see if I should hold out a bit longer or just buy the V3.

Checking in! And always listening. Full honesty, the seat was expensive. Expensive to design, to test, and even more so to manufacture. It's still on the table but it's going to be a while before I have the time/money to make it a reality. Had I had the resources, we would have crushed the design and concept.

I will tell you that we will be releasing a slightly updated version of the Rebel at the end of the year with expanded side pockets and two new color schemes. Plus for the first time in our company history we will have an all black backpack. Pumping the breaks on the grey for the two new colors. They look sweet! :clap:

Not to go into much more detail, but right now we're just trying to continue growing our name. Every day I hear people say, "What bag is that?" "Who is Upper Park?" And that's tough to hear. I'd put my bags head to head with any other bags on the market (especially with the new expanded pockets on the v4 Rebel) but if I'm still not a common name throughout the industry then I'm going to keep losing to the bigger guys. And I don't like losing to the big guys.

Hope that answers something. I'm here if you have any other questions!

-Jon

Not to go into much more detail, but right now we're just trying to continue growing our name. Every day I hear people say, "What bag is that?" "Who is Upper Park?" And that's tough to hear. I'd put my bags head to head with any other bags on the market (especially with the new expanded pockets on the v4 Rebel) but if I'm still not a common name throughout the industry then I'm going to keep losing to the bigger guys. And I don't like losing to the big guys.

I love pimping out the brand. I have never been so happy with a bag as I am with my Shift. I've convinced 3 guys in local leagues to switch to UPD and they are all loving them as well.

But, you are totally right - hearing "what is that?" is kind of a pride and price moment. Great to have a unique bag, but also want the best support for a company I appreciate. It's always fun to introduce people to something new, but I also wish I didn't have to.

Now, to upgrade to a Rebel for longer tourney days. :\

I, for one, have become the local 'representative' for Upper Park. Trying to talk George Smith into carrying the new Rebel. He liked my Shift but wanted something a tad more traditional with more versatile storage so I pointed him to the Rebel. He seems to have liked it quite a bit, he got to see it in person, with Climo and Rico carrying the bag at a big tournament.

I still get a lot of 'what bag is that?' but in a good way. There are also no logos on the Shift so it makes it hard to tell in perspective of a passer-by or card mate. Make/send me some patches :D and I can put them on the drink holder of the bag!

I think you've got a good company and a great product. PM me if there's anything I can do to help out, in terms of spreading the knowledge about these great bags!

Have you guys ever tossed the idea of signature bags around? I know Barsby always talks about UPD in all his footage as well as carrying the bag, Climo, Philo, Pierce, the list goes on. I think it would be pretty sweet to have a unique color scheme for a Pro Sig bag... But that's just me. (I'd love a Barsby sig UPD bag)

There's only two UP bags in my area. I cannot believe the guys we play with have not bought them based on how great our Rebels are. Only thing I can think of is cost.

Grip has a huge head start around here. I am seeing more shifts lately. I'd like to think I had something to do with that!

But get into as many shops as possible!

I love to hear your guy's passion to spread the UPD word. As this is a one man show over here, it's nice to have the support from customers who love our products as much as I do. Side note, yes we are working on expanding to more stores. This should help with growing our name and that is one of my big focuses this year and next.

Trying to talk George Smith into carrying the new Rebel...PM me if there's anything I can do to help out, in terms of spreading the knowledge about these great bags!

George Smith?! I'd send him a bag just to see if he likes it. That's how things started with Climo. I've grown our whole team with players who love our product, and that's how I'd like it to continue.

Also yes, patches. Simple and easy. I'll add it to the to-do.

Have you guys ever tossed the idea of signature bags around?

Working on this! And I have some really cool signature edition ideas. It's expensive, but would definitely help us and our players build our brands.

I carry 15 discs and really like the look of the Shift. Two questions; is that enough bag for 15 discs plus a few small accessories. And I am 6'3" 215 and don't want to look like the big guy with a tiny bag a la Chris Farley.

Would this work for me? Or do I need to save my pennies for a Rebel?

Currently using an Ember, and I like it but it doesn't stand up that well and the putter pocket is awkward. holds a ton though and the dual water bottle holders are nice.

^ I'm 6' 1" but skinny. My fiancé's doesn't look weird or small on me at all. It's honestly not really much shorter than my Grip A-series.

I'm starting to get back now after my shoulder injury so I loaded up a 16 disc set in her Shift the other night to determine if I should order one. I don't want to lug the Grip around when I start playing again. It was perfect. Plenty of room for a couple towels, birdie bag, wallet, etc.

Thinking I'll pull the trigger this week.

I carry 15 discs and really like the look of the Shift. Two questions; is that enough bag for 15 discs plus a few small accessories. And I am 6'3" 215 and don't want to look like the big guy with a tiny bag a la Chris Farley.

Currently using an Ember, and I like it but it doesn't stand up that well and the putter pocket is awkward. holds a ton though and the dual water bottle holders are nice.

Depending on the course, I carry anywhere from 16-20 discs (4 putters, 6-8 drivers, 6-8 mids) in my Slight Shift, plus sunglasses and hard case, towels, sunscreen, bug spray, extra teeshirt, and rain fly in the internal storage, and keys, wallet, iPhone, and snacks in the waist pouches.

Can't help you on the Chris Farley look since I'm 5'6"/140 soaking wet. :D Also have alligator arms :wall: so reaching my putters (I carry them in the bottom, outside pocket) with the bag on my back ain't happening, but getting them out and putting them away is real easy.

Shift will be perfect for you.

I'm a bigger guy (6'1" and 290) and was interested in the Shift. I was lucky that there was a shop that sells them in my area and I went and tried them on. The shift fit well with room for growth or a jacket/sweatshirt. I ordered mine yesterday, so it should be in soon. Super excited to get it out on the course.

I may just get one then, the look is nice and it seem like a lot less clunky than a lot of the backpack bags I've tried.

15 discs?

Heck that's a Shift ALL DAY LONG.

I carry between 16-19 depending on the course/day (room for 2-3 more if I really cram em). Plus a 40 oz nalgene, snacks, bugspray, dirtbag, rainfly and room for at least 3-4 beers in the bottom. And it's still the most balanced and comfortable backpack on the market!