• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Upshot disc

cdaddyphresh

Par Member
I am looking for an upshot disc. I am trying to stick to an all pink bag. I can't decide if I should get a P-Line P1 (I bag P-Line P2's), or a KC Pro Aviar. Anybody have experience with either one? Thanks for the insight.

I mainly play wooded courses if that helps.

Just bagged a Zone, Ion, and Nova. I think those should cover most of my upshots. I might consider a P1 just for the heck of buying.

I am looking for an upshot disc. I am trying to stick to an all pink bag. I can't decide if I should get a P-Line P1 (I bag P-Line P2's), or a KC Pro Aviar. Anybody have experience with either one? Thanks for the insight.

Depending on situation I use beat in Summit, a Voodoo, or an Atom. For tight wooded courses I recommend the beat in Summit. It can hyzer flip to go straight as an arrow, hold a gentle hyzer, or turn over depending on your lanes.

This is a broad subject and you'll get countless different answers.

How do you prefer to throw your upshots? What lines are most common? Why don't the discs you already own work? What flight that you do not already possess are you hoping to achieve? Do you like beads on your putters? Brand loyalty? etc etc etc

The Xt-P1X is pretty sweet as an upshot putter. It's just a beaded version of the P1 and the XT plastic holds up very well.

Last edited:
I use a beat up RFF Wizard or a Fossil Scale for most of my upshots, depending on the line I need.

This is a broad subject and you'll get countless different answers.

How do you prefer to throw your upshots? What lines are most common? Why don't the discs you already own work? What flight that you do not already possess are you hoping to achieve? Do you like beads on your putters? Brand loyalty? etc etc etc

That's exactly what I wanted. I'm talking about the 60-70 foot approaches. I seem to struggle greatly with those. I give it too much juice and I overshoot. Not enough and I am short and it hooks left. Yesterday I went out with my school's club and was using my P-P2's and I shot much better. I was reaching all the way back on upshots and yesterday I stopped doing so. P1 and KC Aviar are something I would be familiar with. I'm looking for something that just goes straight at it and doesn't fade, but I have that covered with the Nova. The P1 is 2-3-0-0, so I was considering it. Just wanted a little insight and some discussion because we all know there is no such thing as too much plastic. :D

If you are putting with P2's, just move your most beat-in P2 over to upshot duty. Then add an S-line P2 for more stability. Same putter (mold) for all...

Latest posts