• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC 2023 - 25th edition

Sad to hear Big Jerm's had to DNF because of his torn meniscus. I'm always excited to see how he does at the USDGC and know it's an event he looks forward to.

This absolutely made my day. To see her already out on the course 90 minutes before the lead card is awesome, as well. The less we hear from Catrina in the future, the better disc golf will be.
I did watch the coverage. On the second hole, she visibly hid from the camera behind her hubby/caddy, WhitePride. She was rarely seen on coverage for the rest of the round. I don't recall any of her drives being filmed and only a handful of putts. Seemed odd....did she request to not be filmed? Can you do that? Should DGN accommodate such requests?

I did watch the coverage. On the second hole, she visibly hid from the camera behind her hubby/caddy, WhitePride. She was rarely seen on coverage for the rest of the round. I don't recall any of her drives being filmed and only a handful of putts. Seemed odd....did she request to not be filmed? Can you do that? Should DGN accommodate such requests?
PDGA rules are that player can opt out of being in Feature Group for Round 1. Since she apparently did not do that then filming her should be fair game AFAIK.

*glances at UDisc*
"Oh nice, Eveliina up to a 4 shot lead."
*goes back to work for a bit*
*glances at UDisc again*
"Oh hey, Eveliina is doing Eveliina things."

Eveliina now 2 back, with 4 missed C1X in the last 5 holes.

And as I type she makes a C1X... to get back to within 1 on 12.

The USDGC coverage was good IMO.

R1 is available on YouTube if you want to watch. Don't know about other coverage.

I thought the camera work and timing was well done. Sometimes they jump around too much and it's hard to follow who/what/when/where, but this seemed smooth.

This course is generally on the boring side to watch, but I didn't feel that way as I watched it last night. Some of the tweaks seemed pretty good as well.

I liked that Philo and Champ had scouted the course and the way they presented their perspective on the different holes.

Sad to hear Big Jerm's had to DNF because of his torn meniscus. I'm always excited to see how he does at the USDGC and know it's an event he looks forward to.
bummer, maybe he can provide some commentary on the DGPT featured holes feed while hanging out.

So we basicky have the 5 longest throwing FPO players on top. . course favors distance?

DGN often stops covering even feature card throwers once they drop off later in the round.

She should have gotten Gannon's chunky caddy to carry her bag, he loves the spotlight and gives her ample space to hide behind.

DGN often stops covering even feature card throwers once they drop off later in the round.

She should have gotten Gannon's chunky caddy to carry her bag, he loves the spotlight and gives her ample space to hide behind.
Your creepy dispersion of others looks, set aside. It is unusual to have a competitor trying to literally hide from the camera and be removed from coverage, on hole two, on a feature card.

Your creepy dispersion of others looks, set aside. It is unusual to have a competitor trying to literally hide from the camera and be removed from coverage, on hole two, on a feature card.
Ain't nothing wrong with being fat buddy.

I love it, the mental collapses from AB, Gossage, Cat and the Fins are as exciting and dramatic (maybe more) as McBeth's clutch putting and Tattar's Terminator resolve.

*glances at UDisc*
"Oh nice, Eveliina up to a 4 shot lead."
*goes back to work for a bit*
*glances at UDisc again*
"Oh hey, Eveliina is doing Eveliina things."

Eveliina now 2 back, with 4 missed C1X in the last 5 holes.

And as I type she makes a C1X... to get back to within 1 on 12.
Inconsistency creates drama...

Is tolerance a one-way street?
Should one be tolerant of bad attitudes?

I mean sometimes you have to when you're stuck in close proximity to someone and need to work together, but that's not the case for us in the peanut gallery.

Is tolerance a one-way street?
People get sick of competitors who badger their card mates because the card mates rightfully call them OB during tournaments. People get sick of competitors who lie about where their disc went OB to get a favorable lie and shave strokes. People get sick of competitors who respond to being called on their shit by calling ticky-tack courtesy violations for pulling the disc out of the chains too aggressively.

People have been sick of hearing from Cat for a long time.

Latest posts