• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC - Actual Tournament...

Interesting that 13 was harder to par than 10 was to birdie.

Only 73% of all throws were good enough to result in par or better for hole 13 [(2+24)/92]^(1/4).

While 74% of all throws were good enough to result in birdie for hole 10 [38/92]^(1/3).

Well, interesting to me.

Is any thought being given to a shotgun start on Saturday? With Hurricane Matthew bound to change the conditions as the day moves along, it might become a bigger advantage to have an earlier tee-time.

Is any thought being given to a shotgun start on Saturday? With Hurricane Matthew bound to change the conditions as the day moves along, it might become a bigger advantage to have an earlier tee-time.

I caame in to ask this same question. Wonder how the wind will be.... and most likely wind patterns that have never been seen during usdgc.

By Saturday, all the contenders are going to be teeing off within no more than an hour of each other so changing weather conditions shouldn't be that much of a factor. They will probably push tee times up as early as they can (start at 7:00 instead of 9:00) to avoid the worst of it, but I doubt they'll resort to a shotgun start scenario unless there's a real safety concern.

With the latest forecast models calling for the storm to push back out to sea to the east as it approaches the SC coast, it looks like the Rock Hill area is going to get brushed by the northern edge of the storm but avoid true hurricane conditions. It'll probably be breezy and wet, but not especially dangerous.

Of course, that can all change since forecasts are never 100%, but at this point, I don't see much need to deviate too much from the plan.

Super bummed that there isnt live coverage this event. The streaming video has been pretty decent recently.

No video of the infamous 13 yet. Can someone remind me what hole that is? Has it been tweaked from previous years?

Maybe it was just conditions yesterday, but by the numbers, it appears 13 still plays as a par 5 like it did from the old tee.

If I were to guess, I think they might have over-estimated how many players can get their tee shot to the "sweet spot" (as Avery put it in the video) to go for the island on their second throw. Then again, it could all be down to the conditions and in calmer weather, the tee shot is a lot easier to put in a good position.

Maybe it was just conditions yesterday, but by the numbers, it appears 13 still plays as a par 5 like it did from the old tee.

If I were to guess, I think they might have over-estimated how many players can get their tee shot to the "sweet spot" (as Avery put it in the video) to go for the island on their second throw. Then again, it could all be down to the conditions and in calmer weather, the tee shot is a lot easier to put in a good position.

I played in the US Doubles this year, and this tee shot is deceptively hard. My partner threw his drive about 400'-420' and the shot to the island was close to impossible for us mortals. We ended up throwing around the cedar trees, tossing onto the island, and walking away with a 4 and a smile on our face.

The big dogs could probably pump one out around 450' and have a decent shot at the island, but it's still a tall task.

Okay... no chatter right now so I'll start.

McPants is off to horrible start. I'm guessing someone is going to say he's injured now.

Wow hes not playing well in round two either. Clearly hes severely injured since there is no other way he could possibly play poorly.

He has taken two 7s now on hole 5, if I remember past years correctly, that is one of his stronger holes.

Latest posts