• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC - Actual Tournament...

Looks like the Course Stats algorithm needs to be updated. It's combining stats for R1 & R2 on holes like 18 and four other holes(?) which have different pin placements each round.

No video of the infamous 13 yet. Can someone remind me what hole that is? Has it been tweaked from previous years?

Avery did a 10 min version yesterday of Drew Gibson's card playing it (I think PB was on that card too). It gives a feel for what is going on. Search FB.

Two players played short, then laid up into the Gap. One player played long, then over threw the gap (not horribly so). Drew had a break in the trees and went for the island. Made it.

Dude has a fractured vertebra.

That doesn't just heal over time like a rolled ankle.

So when he wins tourneys with a fractured Vertebra hes an absolute unstoppable beast, but when he plays crappy its cause of the injury? His back injury was 18 months ago, come on. If you will say that then I guess Ricky would have blown him out by 20 strokes at worlds if he had not hurt his ankle beforehand. If someone is playing then they have no excuses. Gayle Sayers would have been the best ever if he never blew his knee out, but guess what, he did, so hes not the best ever.....

Monica Seles had surpassed the top tennis player of all time Steffi Graf in Skill becoming number 1 in 1993, she was younger than Graf. Then she got stabbed by a deranged fan, completely derailing her career. Now shes not mentioned in the same breath as Steffi Graf and you could argue the fan who set out to hurt her and help Steffi Graf Succeeded in what he set out to do.

Just saying if you are blaming injuries then don't compete. Excuses are not something a great athlete uses. I am not a Mcbeth fan but he seems honorable enough not to make excuses for losing. Unfortunately his fans do not seem to follow the same code.

So when he wins tourneys with a fractured Vertebra hes an absolute unstoppable beast, but when he plays crappy its cause of the injury? His back injury was 18 months ago, come on. If you will say that then I guess Ricky would have blown him out by 20 strokes at worlds if he had not hurt his ankle beforehand. If someone is playing then they have no excuses. Gayle Sayers would have been the best ever if he never blew his knee out, but guess what, he did, so hes not the best ever.....

Monica Seles had surpassed the top tennis player of all time Steffi Graf in Skill becoming number 1 in 1993, she was younger than Graf. Then she got stabbed by a deranged fan, completely derailing her career. Now shes not mentioned in the same breath as Steffi Graf and you could argue the fan who set out to hurt her and help Steffi Graf Succeeded in what he set out to do.

Just saying if you are blaming injuries then don't compete. Excuses are not something a great athlete uses. I am not a Mcbeth fan but he seems honorable enough not to make excuses for losing. Unfortunately his fans do not seem to follow the same code.

Is this why we're rooting for Eagle to win?

Unfortunately his fans do not seem to follow the same code.

Since when do fans follow any "code?" We're weighing in on the entertainment of the moment, which typically includes plenty of speculation and excuse-making. Welcome to the party.

I'd like to find out what's going on with his game - just seems off.

Is this for real? Like, confirmed? Because if it is, he is really risking his longterm well-being just by competing.

I'm pretty sure the injury he had was pretty substantial, but I don't know either the prognosis nor the treatment. He is playing very poorly, suggestive that something is wrong.

I'm hoping that Eagle, and PB can play consistent so that it isn't a Ricky romp. That would be boring. Pat is a very consistent player. At the Masters he played smart technical golf the entire tournament. The few vids of Eagle I've seen here look as if he is playing smart too.

2:45 in the afternoon and 21 holes posted in Instagram for the day and a sub 11 minute wrap up video from yesterday. Quite the media plan there.

Hmmmmm 6 vids of Eagle, and roughly 3-4 for the other top players. #growthesportbutonlyDiscmania

Hmmmmm 6 vids of Eagle, and roughly 3-4 for the other top players. #growthesportbutonlyDiscmania

I was just thinking the same. Ricky is playing some stellar golf and we are getting to see, let me count, none of it.

Not to mention Nikko. One hole of him being annoyed with a missed putt....

Nikko drops a 6 on thirteen. I saw that and looked down the column, nothing but grey and dark grey. Hmmmmm.

Latest posts