• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USWDGC 2022

Looking at UDisc live and the course maps for Elver Park dont really say much. . the maps are just "plain" . ..but how is the course?

If you just registered or renewed your PDGA membership while one of these events is in progress access will be granted the following day.

For me, as described in the instructions, it worked the next day.

To me this reads as if an individual just registered/re-upped with PDGA while the event is in progress. Probably have a script/API pulling current PDGA members overnight and matching the emails to DGN accounts to grant the DGN event PPV access. .

As a active PDGA member since last fall I expected the event access to be granted ahead of the event and allow watching all rounds live...which didn't happen for this events first round. I don't remember if this was an issue with LVC since they pushed the round 1 stream out to Youtube due to DGN Vimeo issues. I missed streaming Champions Cup so can't comment on if access was granted for Rd1 ahead of the event starting.

I wonder if this scripting was not run or updated to grant access to USWDGC once the event PPV stream pages were created. We'll see if this is an issue with the remaining 'benefits' of being a PDGA member - Pro Worlds - final 2 rounds and the Last pro tour event of the 2022 season.

After getting access yesterday, I am enjoying watching the FPO tackle these courses where we are seeing a pretty balanced challenge and diverse skillsets on display.

Jomez practice round this week was at Elver Park if you want a quicker preview than watching the live coverage.

Hailey's Eagle on 17, the 459' Par 4, through the woods is the shot of the tournament. That drive was just incredible. I think this is her tournament to lose but all four of these women on lead card still have a shot. Evelina and Ohn both missed some putts that could make a big difference tomorrow if they are able to convert. What an exciting finish this will be!!

It's nice to see Hailey looking generally happy!
It seems like she has been going through the motions lately.

When Hailey is on, she looks like she should be #1 in the world. Elite distance BH and FH and can make putts from anywhere. I'm not sure anyone has more tools than she does. For her not to even be in the top ten (world ranking) is crazy.
I agree. I made this post in Dixon Jowers Facebook group back in May when talking about who might win any of the remaining women's Elite and Major events other than Cat, Paige or Kristin.

"Haily King may have close to a home court advantage at USWDGC"

When Hailey is on, she looks like she should be #1 in the world. Elite distance BH and FH and can make putts from anywhere. I'm not sure anyone has more tools than she does. For her not to even be in the top ten (world ranking) is crazy.

Hailey started the year ok but the last two tournaments has been horrible for her, and the few befor not that great. .
But as you say, its hard to see why, she HAS ALL the tools to be top 3 every tournament she plays...
But it feel like Hailey is a bit like Paige. . when shes of, shes WAY of.

Nice play from Kadi Allsalu. . her R3 -8 was rated 996 and i think thats her highest rated round ever.

Shes only 913 rated . . but her 3 rounds at the Preserve was rated 926, 970 and 969. (she got 10th place by far the lowest rated player in the top 10)
And in this tournament she has started with 954, 945 and 996

Not bad to place 10th in her first ever tournament in the US an now in the top 10 at her first mayor with one round to go

Yes, thank you. I didn't even realize how that could be misconstrued. I just didn't want to make the entire conversation about Kristin, even though she's my favorite FPO player to watch.

She's certainly fun to watch. She's got such a complete game: distance off the tee, finesse shots, and solid putting. Really a shame she couldn't make this event. I feel like we're the ones who lose.

In her presentation in Jomez R3F9 Hailey was NOT kind to Discraft. . "i feelt like no one had my back the last years"
i wonder what happend and why. . Paige did not make much comments

I noticed that too, but when Dickerson signed with them that seems like all he talked about was how much they went out of their way to get whatever he needed.

yes, absolutely. . BUT, they might give advice what THEY would do. . and maybe not a thing the player they caddie for can do.

True. I've never had a caddy or been a caddy so I don't really know what to say. If anything I supposed it is beneficial to have someone you know and are comfortable just to stay grounded.

In her presentation in Jomez R3F9 Hailey was NOT kind to Discraft. . "i feelt like no one had my back the last years"
i wonder what happend and why. . Paige did not make much comments

At some point, Brian and his girlfriend took Hailey under their wing and helped her deal with things on the road, like finding a place to stay. It's hard to say what obligations a sponsor have for their players, whether contractually or ethically, but Hailey was very young at that time.

When Hannah McBeth and "The People's Champ" Kona Panis are carding -3's it's hard to see Salonen's final round +1 as anything more than an absolute choke job.

When Hannah McBeth and "The People's Champ" Kona Panis are carding -3's it's hard to see Salonen's final round +1 as anything more than an absolute choke job.
Cool. How many major trophies do you have in your display case? Pro Tour trophies? How many have you even played in?
A tier wins? Top 10s? B? C?
I guess if you saw her crying on 18 you would have laughed in her face?

Cool. How many major trophies do you have in your display case? Pro Tour trophies? How many have you even played in?
A tier wins? Top 10s? B? C?
I guess if you saw her crying on 18 you would have laughed in her face?

She's a mid 900s rated player, a lot of us are better than her, that's beside the point. But I'm sure nobody feels worse about her putting than Salonen herself so I don't think anyone other than her competitors ought to rub it in.

But a great player having such a clear mental weakness is great sports and if she ever overcomes it, like Giannis going 17-19 from the line in Game 6, it will be even more thrilling.

Had to catch the DGN coverage on YouTube after the fact, because I was out playing with my son today. ;) Glad I didn't check out U-Disc at all, because I really enjoyed watching Scoggins and King battle back and forth, and shout out to Val Mandujano, Engineer of the Birdie Train, charging from chase to get the hot round, nearly coming from behind to tie it up.

Lot of fun watching them throwing darts and battle, without knowing the outcome. My thanks to all three ladies for a brilliant effort and entertaining round, on a course that can really make you pay for each and every mis-executed shot you throw.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: Evalina - looked like she might have put her putting yips behind her, but they bit her hard today, or she'd have been in the thick of the hunt today, too. Keep in mind she's still quite young, and even though she's win big events in Europe. She's got to time to figure out the mental game. I just hope she does. even half her missed C1 puts goes in, she's on the podium.

Last edited:

Latest posts