• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vandalism (A.K.A. Vadalism)

How about just a loose length of rebar inside the post? When the saw hits that, it's going to raise holy hell!
Someone once told me to put a couple lengths of rebar in the post, then fill with cement.

That said, if someone's gonna go through the trouble of sneaking around with a Sawzall®, they're pretty motovated, like I said. If the saw doesn't work, I suppose they could always resort to Plan B; just come back another day with a baseball bat, and have at it.

Plus you gotta figure someone walking through a park with a baseball bat doesn't look as conspicuous as someone walking around with a Sawzall®.

Last edited:
I read post #3, and I also notice the frequent misspellings on this site. They're pretty comical. However, post #3 mentioned commies, but you took it to a different level when you labelled them as "slanty eyed". Not very comical. My wife is Chinese, so I took offense to the statement. Furthermore; there are probably visitors to this site with Asian roots, and your statement is probably not appreciated by them, either. I'm sure you are aware there are many communists from "round-eyed" countries, too. But, yeah, I guess I should forgive you for not realizing your racism

Clearly you're angry with me. I truly regret that my post caused that emotion to surface.

I disagree with your reading my post as something other than my taking a cynical and satirical shot at blue blooded Muricans and their quick reflexive response to blame something on communists or gays or blacks or any Others. That, and spelling for understanding.

yeah we are looking at rebar with concrete to at least give the blade a pleasant surprise. The main issue having to take them all apart to make that happen as there are screws going every which direction. But bolt cutters could do way more damage and far easier than a saw. Someone like this will find a way to be a useless airbreather. No good answers here only frustration, the amount of time and money the club puts into this park only to see it vandalized like this.

I apprenticed in the late '80's. The Makita 9.6v cordless was just coming into shops then.
My Sawzall, 1/4 inch corded drill and 1/4 inch close quarters cabinetmakers drill all date from 88-89 and continue to cut and drill. Other than replacing a cord on my drill, they have never required a repair. Milwaukee was pretty much the go to choice then. That said, most all of the tool manufactures make quality tools. Guys in the trades simply won't settle for crap.

I finally need to replace the B&D corded drill that my dad was given when he bought his first house in the late 70s. It served us well, but I can't keep it running any longer. The circular saw of similar vintage is still going strong; although I had to rig up a new safety button after I broke it off a few years ago.

This course isn't exactly in the nicest part of town. It also isn't the first time the course was vandalized but it's typically only graffiti. It's the first I can recall vandalism to the baskets.

The worst part is that these new baskets were installed in the past few months as this course is going through some much needed updates and upgrades...

a cynical and satirical shot at blue blooded Muricans.
You are correct. I failed to catch your cynicism/satire, as it can be hard to read sarcasm in text. If that truly was your intent, then I'm sorry for getting heated.
Also, as a frequent spelling champ during my school days, I agree with your assessment of bad spelling and grammar. :hfive:

I really don't understand the point of trashing courses with graffiti, or damaging tee signs and baskets. A new course in my area had a basket stolen during its first 2 months, and has now been hit with graffiti in several spots. Luckily, they avoided the tee signs and haven't damaged baskets yet; but, seriously, where is the fun in this??

Don't you think there is enough ignorance already without adding to it with your foolish social commentary? FYI Colin is protesting police brutality and racial inequality. Maybe you should refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about.

Why you trippin', Tripper? Are you going to apply this standard to people you agree with politically or just people that don't think like you? Probably not because you're human like me so maybe ignore my topical humor instead of whining about it like an overly sensitive puss.

Why you trippin', Tripper? Are you going to apply this standard to people you agree with politically or just people that don't think like you? Probably not because you're human like me so maybe ignore my topical humor instead of whining about it like an overly sensitive puss.

It has nothing to do with whether I agree or not. Your comment was inaccurate and I stated the facts regarding the purpose of his protest. It makes no difference to me if you agree with his protest or not. It is about you misrepresenting the facts in a weak effort at humor.

I read post #3, and I also notice the frequent misspellings on this site. They're pretty comical. However, post #3 mentioned commies, but you took it to a different level when you labelled them as "slanty eyed". Not very comical. My wife is Chinese, so I took offense to the statement. Furthermore; there are probably visitors to this site with Asian roots, and your statement is probably not appreciated by them, either. I'm sure you are aware there are many communists from "round-eyed" countries, too. But, yeah, I guess I should forgive you for not realizing your racism

Does your crotch get tingly when you make the internet safe for people? Soft and easily offended asians everywhere will sing your praises for stopping the dangerous white man from making outrageously dangerous comments about their eye shape.

You and tripper should get capes and patrol other sites to make sure nobody gets offended, as it is everyone's constitutional right to never be so.

Last edited:
Does your crotch get tingly when you make the internet safe for people? Soft and easily offended asians everywhere will sing your praises for stopping the dangerous white man from making outrageously dangerous comments about their eye shape.

You and tripper should get capes and patrol other sites to make sure nobody gets offended, as it is everyone's constitutional right to never be so.

and now we have heard from another ignorant racist.

The person who did this might be bored with his life. Who would want to destroy a golf basket in a public park? He might be a frustrated player or under the influence of alcohol or drug.

Someone once told me to put a couple lengths of rebar in the post, then fill with cement.

That said, if someone's gonna go through the trouble of sneaking around with a Sawzall®, they're pretty motovated, like I said. If the saw doesn't work, I suppose they could always resort to Plan B; just come back another day with a baseball bat, and have at it.

Plus you gotta figure someone walking through a park with a baseball bat doesn't look as conspicuous as someone walking around with a Sawzall®.

A couple of pieces of loose rebar left inside the tube will take all of the teeth off of any saw blade when they hit them. You can also easily move the baskets to other locations. Vandalizing the vandals equipment is almost justice.