• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Verdict love (cycling, plastics, prototypes, etc.)

Sounds like a Verdict could be the disc to fill the gap between my VIP Bard and Opto Claymore. :clap:

I carry both a Verdict and a Bard, but I use them for different ranges. My Verdict is closing in on FD distances. I reserve the Bard for shorter OS duties.

I've thrown my Verdict a few more times and all I can say is that it's exactly what I was looking for :thmbup:

It's easy to throw and has a nice, straight flight before a good fade. I needed that shot since I took the Drone out of my bag and my Roc3 is getting pretty straight. I've made some great shots with the Verdict so far and I can't wait to throw it some more! Hooray

Anyone cycling prime verdicts? I have two bio fusions, two lucids, and just threw around a prime for the first time the other day. Ironically it seems as though out of the box verdict plastics are the opposite stability of what you'd expect (prime>bio>lucid). Curious if anyone has managed to beat one of those board flat prime verdicts into more of a turnover mid.

Anyone cycling prime verdicts? I have two bio fusions, two lucids, and just threw around a prime for the first time the other day. Ironically it seems as though out of the box verdict plastics are the opposite stability of what you'd expect (prime>bio>lucid). Curious if anyone has managed to beat one of those board flat prime verdicts into more of a turnover mid.

I bagged a Prime Verdict for a while. It's actually got some flip now and the Gila replaced it for that slot. Prime Verdicts do start out very OS, but they definitely lose their HSS first and it doesn't take that long to get them to start flipping a little (although they still fade hard). Prime is not very durable plastic and it will both chunk/gash and warp so it's just a matter of tree hits before it loses stability.

I bag a prime and lucid verdict. For now the prime is reserved for my most OS mid shots so it isn't breaking in too quickly and I haven't noticed much change yet. Hoping it will tame as it beats in as my lucid verdict does encroach on fairway driver distances and the thought of having the control of a verdict pushing out there further is very appealing.

The verdict is one of the few discs that will never leave my bag. Great disc.

I'm bagging a pair of Lucid Verdicts in heavier weights right now.

One is beat and showing turn, and I've added a fresh one.

Nice disc

Good HSS but flexes nicely, reliablely strong LSS.

Perfect to pair with the Truth when the wind is kicking up, or I need a long straight mid shot that tucks in behind a tree to the left.

I bag a max weight Lucid for my default mid duties. It is starting to get milder fade so I may have to bring in a new one soon. I also have a biofusion one that is nice and beat in, flies more like a truth or buzz now. One of the best discs made IMHO. I carry this and a Prodigy M4 (another one of my favorite discs), and with those two can hit almost any line.

I like these a lot. They remind me a lot of a Trilogy Nebula. If they were a little smaller diameter they'd be great Nebula clones.

I like these a lot. They remind me a lot of a Trilogy Nebula. If they were a little smaller diameter they'd be great Nebula clones.

Funny you would say that because that is exactly what I have been thinking the last week. Why I ever sold off my Nebula stash a few years back is a great mystery to me, but I was able to get my hands on three new ESP Nebulas last week. Maybe too late to convert back to them, but I have an irrational desire to like this disc for some reason.

Anywho, I have been through the midrange gambit, throwing everything from Rocs, Roc3s, Buzzzes, Ghosts, Axis, Sharks, Pains, Truths, EMac Truths, and finally Verdicts.

Initially I was pairing the Verdicts with Truths, but then I discovered that Truths became unpredictably flipping when trying to stretch them out. I had one or two BioFuzion Truths that were money, but with my ability to lose discs, I needed more backups. I then gave EMac Truths a try when they came out, but I never completely gelled with them. They had the stability I wanted for a flat, straight mid shot, but they seemed more prone to griplocked misfires than my older Truths (despite being more stable) or my Verdicts.

Then, during a marathon overnight round at the Winter Carnival (it was dark from 5pm to 7am), I decided to go with only one disc so I can maximize the amount of lights I could tape to it (tape does not like to stick to discs in the cold, especially when it gets covered with snow). I had just purchased a nice new Lucid Verdict because I wanted something with a strong finish. Most of the holes were 300-330 feet definitely benefiting a rhbh. It was during this marathon, approximately 184 holes in the dark throwing the Verdict exclusively, that I discovered that with my throwing style and power, the Verdict is not overstable, just very stable. It flies tremendously straight with only a mild fade when thrown with power. It only seems overstable when I am trying to throw less than 260.

I am at the point that I use it as a short fairway driver as well as a workhorse mid. I do couple it with a Buzzz SS, Mortar, and Warrant, but my seasoned Fuzion Verdicts are near perfection. Two weeks ago it netted two aces in two days, one for league cash.

To wrap up, I picked up a new dyed Lucid Verdict to throw on scarier holes in place of my 2x ace Fuzion Verdict (this ace Verdict is actually in my day-to-day bag and not my tournament set-up, so it is not even my main Verdict). Before I sing the undying love song for Verdicts, this new dyed seems considerably straighter out of the box and may require a longer learning curve. None of my other Verdicts behave like it; it is almost like it is an EMac Truth mismarked as a Verdict.

Presently I'm throwing a lucid verdict on forehand shots, and I'm wondering if there exists something like a verdict SS, one that stays straight on a forehand but with less fade. I understand that a beat up lucid verdict might work out OK, but I don't know if they lose HSS or LSS. Maybe I could snag a biofuzion and lean on it for a bit.

I've tried a max weight Z buzzz here but had it flip on me hard when I threw it with a little bit of OAT. Normally I have pretty smooth midrange FH form but I'd prefer something more forgiving... HSS is the name of the game.

I guess the obvious trilogy choice could be an Emac Truth - are these truly more stable than a Z buzzz?

I guess the obvious trilogy choice could be an Emac Truth - are these truly more stable than a Z buzzz?
At high speed, yeah. Low speed fade is about the same, with the Emac maybe having just a slight bit more overstability to it.

I'd definitely suggest checking out an Emac Truth as a more stable compliment to the Verdict.

Presently I'm throwing a lucid verdict on forehand shots, and I'm wondering if there exists something like a verdict SS, one that stays straight on a forehand but with less fade. I understand that a beat up lucid verdict might work out OK, but I don't know if they lose HSS or LSS. Maybe I could snag a biofuzion and lean on it for a bit.

A Fuzion EMac Truth might do the trick. When thrown forehand, my Lucid EMacs flew straight with less fade out of the box than the Verdict. They beat in pretty quickly and now have some high speed turn, which is why I ended up bagging a Verdict. In my experience with the regular Truth, my go-to backhand midrange, Fuzion plastic is more stable and retains its flight longer than Lucid.

I recently picked up a Verdict in Lucid plastic online.

The top edges of the beveled part of the wing are zippered.

The main top was smooth, but the beveled part (roughly outer 1 inch) was zippered.

Did I just manage to get NOS or has maybe there been a new mold part made?

Just to help identify, this is a clear disc that has been dyed and does not have flight numbers printed on it.

My experience with beating in a lucid verdict is they basically turn into an EMac truth. No HST, but the fade comes later and milder than when new.

a beat in verdict is a thing of beauty. I have a lucid thats been in my bag for close to two years that is straight as an arrow for most of its flight, then hooks up very late. I love the flight of it better than a fresh emac because of the lack of HST when thrown hard.

Reviving this for discussion about the Chris Clemons Lucid-X Verdict! I've never thrown a verdict and I'm looking to bag something for my OS mid slot. I have a Zone already and I tried the Buzzz OS and it was just too dumpy for me and overlapped with my Zone. I'm looking for something that will go straight out of the hand with that good fade but not too dumpy (buzzz os).

Reviving this for discussion about the Chris Clemons Lucid-X Verdict! I've never thrown a verdict and I'm looking to bag something for my OS mid slot. I have a Zone already and I tried the Buzzz OS and it was just too dumpy for me and overlapped with my Zone. I'm looking for something that will go straight out of the hand with that good fade but not too dumpy (buzzz os).

Then you are looking for a verdict. It is straight with fade, a la Roc3, but way more comfy in the hand. A fresh lucid can handle some headwind, and they beat into little line shapers.

Honestly, over the last season, I have begun to like the Verdict more than the Truth (just in general, obviously they are different). Now with LX, I'll probably be rocking a 3 Verdict 2 Truth setup (I heart throwing these mids!)

Anyone thrown the Lucix-X yet? I got one today and its a puddle top - is that consistent with others?

Anyone thrown the Lucix-X yet? I got one today and its a puddle top - is that consistent with others?

Got two blues in the mail. Definitely just flat, no puddle top. Super comfy. Haven't thrown (snow... dark... lame...)

Curious to see how it flies as well. I just don't want to pay 22$ for a super dumpy firebird-esq mid. Hopefully it has some glide. I know the lucid ones do.