• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Verdict love (cycling, plastics, prototypes, etc.)

So I didn't notice until I went out to play League tonight but the Prime Verdict is stamped with the flight numbers 5/4/0/4

The Lucids are stamped 5/4/0/3.5

I can confirm after throwing it a bunch tonight that it starts off a full tick more OS than the stock Lucid Verdict. HSS for FH shots is everything I wanted it to be so far.

Is already got me thinking about getting a few more fresh ones to keep in reserve.

I dont throw Verdicts as much as I used to, but Ima have to try these.

At the very least my forehand will like them while I work on being able to get the Claymore out further without massive OAT.

I've been trying to find a replacement for a seasoned Drone that went swimming forever, and I found a really nice Verdict in the used bin last week so I took it our for a spin this weekend. Did not run into any FH shots to use it, which is what I predominantly used the Drone for, but man oh man does this disc fly great. It was $ on anything under 230 on a RHBH line, and even gave a 180-foot spike hyzer a good chance at an ace, closest I've been in months.

I really like the low profile for a clean release, which is a big reason I didn't throw the Drone much BH but if this Verdict flies as well FH as I've seen from it BH I may have just managed to cut 2-3 discs out of my bag :hfive:

How are these prime verdicts beating in? Are they keeping their HSS and losing LSS first? Crossing fingers...

I use the Lucid Verdict for everything; easily my favorite disc. You are saying that Prime is more OS than Lucid?? Isn't that the opposite of what is normal? Based on what I've read here in the forums, I thought the harder the plastic, the more OS was generally the rule. I only use the hardest plastic because I don't want to cycle, so I have no idea if this is actually true or not.

I use the Lucid Verdict for everything; easily my favorite disc. You are saying that Prime is more OS than Lucid?? Isn't that the opposite of what is normal? Based on what I've read here in the forums, I thought the harder the plastic, the more OS was generally the rule. I only use the hardest plastic because I don't want to cycle, so I have no idea if this is actually true or not.

I just ordered a prime Verdict, Truth, and Evidence, and I'm really hoping for a nice, overstable Verdict.

I have a theory that flatter molds can be more overstable in baseline plastic because the shrinkage on the disc can make the flight plate even flatter (or even slightly puddle-topped) and pull the wing up a little. Normally I think with molds that have more dome (most drivers for example), the shrinkage on baseline plastic makes the wing droop more resulting in less stability. The flight plate itself is shrinking too, but not enough to affect the wing. But with a mold that is already pretty flat, it seems like the wing can get held up or pulled up by the shrinkage of the flight plate itself. I think this is why the DX Thunderbirds are more overstable than the Champs or Stars. It's already a pretty flat mold and the DX's are by far the flattest with the highest PLH. Anyway, it's just a theory of mine.

Let us know how it goes HH. I'm curious but I have been too busy messing with fairway drivers to tinker with mids this season.

In my experience with the early prime stuff, my Claymore molded up really nice and seemed stable. The Truth was pretty flippy. Both are board flat, as are all the prime/origio/retro and BT discs I have (northman, king, & sword)

I haven't been able to give my Prime Verdict much work. Maybe now that fall is rolling in I'll pull it back out and try and get it going. They are hogs though. If an overstable Verdict is what you want, that's what you are going to get in Prime plastic.

Finally got around to getting one of these. Picked up a 175 pink Fuzion with some store credit. Man, this feels really good in the hand, really comfy. I was surprised how stable, not overstable, it was after reading about it on here but yeah, it's a really nice straight to fade mid. Reminds me a bit of those old C-MD2's that were nice and flat, except maybe a little slower.

Mine arrived in the mail the other day (180, red). Plastic does feel great and definitely board flat. Sadly all this rain/wind (and other weekend engagements) has kept me from taking it out yet, but I'm sure I will soon. I've also got a Prime Truth and Evidence to take out along with it; both are very flat with a similar feel to the Verdict which is nice.

I'm hoping for the Verdict to be like a Gateway Warrior that doesn't lose its HSS so quickly. I like the Warrior, but most of my Warriors started to get a little turn fairly quickly (which is exacerbated by a headwind) although they still have a biting fade. I'd much rather lose some of the fade and keep the HSS like a Roc. Hopefully the Verdict will do that for me.

Get ready for your Prime Verdict to start out like this:

single-brick.jpg

I'm trying to figure out why the Lucid Verdict I've been throwing for a bit over a month now is so dead straight. I pretty much hit 300ft with it in a straight line. Maybe I got a flukey disc, but it barely fades for me at all and I've never gotten a left turn out of it. I picked another one up in Fuzion and while it flies closer to as advertised it's still not as overstable as I was expecting. I certainly wasn't looking for Gator or Justice like overstability (and I don't have the arm/form for those discs anyways) but I was hoping a could get some dependable left fade out of it. Don't get me wrong, I like the disc, but so far it hasn't filled that spot between a Justice and EMAC Truth I was hoping for.

Maybe I should give it a shot in Prime, but I'm definitely not nearly good enough to throw bricks.

I have loved the Verdict since the first time I threw it (172 Lucid) as it provided me predictable stability and fade. Perfect for any hole that you know you don't want to go right or that you have a left turn to make. From the get go it was HSS if not a little os for my arm. As I got used to it I settled in and can rip it straight with a consistent fade at the end.

Having said that, i have made some form advancements and I am starting to get it further out there. It still fades but it is dead nuts straight till about the last 25' where it fades off pretty hard to the left (rhbh). Having to adjust on a few holes or even disc down. It is a long flying mid with that lovely trilogy glide.

You must have a fluke as I don't see mine ever losing its fade no matter how much I beat it in.

Love the Verdict/Emac Truth/Truth/Warrant combo for my mids. It gives me all the shots I need to make with consistent feel accross the molds (hard to tell what I am holding with my eyes shut). May need to add a Justice for the real meaty shots.

So is the consensus that the Prime Verdict is the most OS version? I would love a slightly more OS Verdict than my Lucid ones.

I only have a prime so I can't really compare it to other verdict plastics. I do like it and it is overstable, maybe just a bit more overstable than my warriors were. I chained out for a throw in with my verdict on Saturday from about 250 on a blind hyzer line. :)

Would the Verdict work as a longer Zone for a RHFH player? InFlight only shows it going 15 feet further which seems low. Does anyone throw both?

Would the Verdict work as a longer Zone for a RHFH player? InFlight only shows it going 15 feet further which seems low. Does anyone throw both?
I don't currently bag either one, but I have thrown both some.

The Verdict is way longer than a Zone. It is rather fast for a mid and at least the Lucid will go long ways until it fades at the end. The difference to me is at least 30ft if not more.

Verdict would work quite well for a RHFH player as it is quite flat and realiably OS, though not nearly as OS as a Zone. So while it is a great FH disc, I don't think it is what you would call a longer Zone.

I'm trying to figure out why the Lucid Verdict I've been throwing for a bit over a month now is so dead straight. I pretty much hit 300ft with it in a straight line. Maybe I got a flukey disc, but it barely fades for me at all and I've never gotten a left turn out of it. I picked another one up in Fuzion and while it flies closer to as advertised it's still not as overstable as I was expecting. I certainly wasn't looking for Gator or Justice like overstability (and I don't have the arm/form for those discs anyways) but I was hoping a could get some dependable left fade out of it. Don't get me wrong, I like the disc, but so far it hasn't filled that spot between a Justice and EMAC Truth I was hoping for.

Maybe I should give it a shot in Prime, but I'm definitely not nearly good enough to throw bricks.

My first ever Yellow lucid verdict is also dead straight now, and when it loses most of its speed it dumps. Its pretty much like a Perfect Truth. That verdict knocked my Truth out of the bag.