• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Verdict love (cycling, plastics, prototypes, etc.)

IMO the Bard flies like a faster Roc with a better rim. Not as HSS as a good Verdict, but plenty of fade.

I seldom pull my Verdict out unless there's wind. Otherwise I'm using a stable Truth on a hyzer, or my freshest, shortest Felon, or a Harp.

I didn't like the Mace - flight is more roc like than truth/buzzz but I particularly didn't like the flanged rim.

For shorter mid work you can't beat a Harp. Harp gets out of the bag a lot more than the Verdict for me too.

I reeally love the verdict But does anyone agree that the new verdict are alot less stable than the old ones. Ive tried to replace that overstable spot But the new ones are alot more lika a lucid truth with a Little more fade.

I reeally love the verdict But does anyone agree that the new verdict are alot less stable than the old ones. Ive tried to replace that overstable spot But the new ones are alot more lika a lucid truth with a Little more fade.
If you read the thread a bit backwards, you'll see a lot of people sharing the same concerns. Personally I ditched the Verdict and replaced it with a Bard. Stability is spot on, though I miss the Verdict feel.

One other thing regarding the Verdicts. People seem to salivate over the idea of a Classic Verdict. To me the Verdict doesn't seem like a good cycling mid as it will start turning way before it loses it's fade. Normally when you look for mids to cycle, you want the fade to go first.

Gimme EMAC Verdict for OS stuff and Zero Hard Compass for cycling. :D

On today's DGAM, EMac said they just got in a container with Prime Verdicts that were really flat. He also mentioned Prime Defenders along with other molds new to Prime plastic.

This is great news. I really hope these work out in base plastic. Truths always seemed to start out a little more beffy so I hope this holds true for the Verdict.

I'll probably be picking up a few to try out.

I hope the Prime Verdicts aren't concave'ish like the Truths were. They were much tougher to grip than the other plastics (super low profile) - barely enough space get your fingers against the rim, and tended to become flippy pretty quickly. Hopefully the extra beef on the Verdict will help it become more of a beat-in OS mid like a worn Roc. It may be a bit to hope for - but cycling Verdicts would be pretty cool. Great mold for sure.

Anyone seen these for sale yet? I hope this doesn't turn into another one of these teases like we had earlier this year.... Sigh...

I will definitely try it when they come out but my fear is that the Verdict will be one of those molds that loses HSS long before it loses LSS and its not going to be the best cycling mid. I'm basing this speculation on my own observed experiences with Lucid Verdicts. I've heard similar things about the limited quantity of BT Bards that were released a while ago.

Anyways, bring it on DD. THIS IS WAY OVERDUE. Even if it turns out to suck.

This. Classic would be much better for seasoning imo.

Not sure what Trilogy's end game is but safe to say they are undercommitted to baseline.

Why should they over commit. It is clear that baseline is not where the majority of sales come from for any manufacturer that offer baseline plastic. I am just happy they are releasing some stable to overstable discs in baseline at all. Sure, we can hope for more down the road, but some is better than nothing. Also, based on how well my Prime Judge is holding its initial stability, the Verdict might take longer to beat in than many people would initially think.

Why should they over commit. It is clear that baseline is not where the majority of sales come from for any manufacturer that offer baseline plastic. I am just happy they are releasing some stable to overstable discs in baseline at all. Sure, we can hope for more down the road, but some is better than nothing. Also, based on how well my Prime Judge is holding its initial stability, the Verdict might take longer to beat in than many people would initially think.

How hard are you throwing that Judge? I bet the Verdict will season faster.

Seems like a big difference between over committing and producing even a single OS mold in each speed class, but I digress. I assume the success of the Defender and Verdict in prime will color their decisions to release more molds in prime.

There are other companies who make the products I want, and trilogy seems less interested in producing them. We're all happy.

How hard are you throwing that Judge? I bet the Verdict will season faster.

Seems like a big difference between over committing and producing even a single OS mold in each speed class, but I digress. I assume the success of the Defender and Verdict in prime will color their decisions to release more molds in prime.

There are other companies who make the products I want, and trilogy seems less interested in producing them. We're all happy.

About 250 when I keep it relatively low/ parallel to the ground. I can get it farther, but really have to lay into it or give it a bit more height if I have the ceiling. I am sure the Verdict will season faster but my point was maybe not season as fast as I originally thought when I heard of Prime. Granted, my experience with Prime is limited, so it could just be my disc has gotten lucky and not been damaged too badly yet and I am just one tree hit away from a roller disc.

Oh I am not saying producing one OS mold per disc type is over committing or even asking too much. But it seems that DD has been slowly releasing their molds and plastics to not do too much at once, and that has worked so far for them. I think the Trespass and Verdict are good choices for the first stable to overstable discs to release in Prime. If these do well, they will commit a bit more, but it would be foolish to release too much too soon. Being part of the Trilogy, they have the luxury to not fill their entire lineup all at once. I think that probably really hurt Prodigy, b/c the "hey a new disc" factor mostly happened all at once, now they are just releasing more utility stuff that has limited excitement for the majority of players.

Last edited:
Here's some end game for you. Prime Verdicts come out just as McPro Roc3s are released. SGS Warriors are close behind. Sorry but McPro, and I trust SGS, plastics pretty much blow Prime out of the water.

I just bought some McPros. I am passing on Prime Verdicts for now. Need to save money for SGS Warriors. :)

Even though I said I wouldn't, I did. I picked up a lt. blue max weight Prime Verdict. Couldn't resist.

Should be an interesting experiment. The PLH of the one I got is a tick higher than my most stable Lucid. I expect that this disc will start out as my most OS verdict and wear fairly quickly into....???

Gonna pull the Lucid out of the bag for now and just throw the Prime to see where this goes.

Should be an interesting experiment. The PLH of the one I got is a tick higher than my most stable Lucid. I expect that this disc will start out as my most OS verdict and wear fairly quickly into....???

Very curious how this works out. I'll definitely pick one up at Tall Firs next time I'm out there to play with, but I was waiting on the prime Defender rumor.

Let us know how it seasons! Hoping the hss sticks for a while.