• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Versatile Midrange Pairings

QMS's and Sharks are pretty close stability-wise. Both are pretty straight and a touch slower than a Buzz.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I've heard of overstable Champ Sharks but never thrown one, I figured that and a Qms would be nice. Champ Shark, Sirius or M Aurora MS and Stingray might not overlap much.

Currently in my bag I have a DX Roc paired up with a DX Stingray. But I may switch out the Stingray for a Panther or Meteor.

After reevaluating what to throw for mids, its seems pretty standard two have a pair of mids with similar speed and complimenting stability (one stable/slightly OS and one that turns/understable).

One of the more common pairing I have noticed is Roc and Comet. What other 2 disc mid pairings do you see working together nicely (with similar speed and possibly feeling in hand)?

I carry 5 midranges at all times
1) Star Spider for dead straight shots
2) DX Stingray to get out of trouble needing the disc to keep going right
3) Star Mako for gentle turnovers
4 and 5) 2 Star Beadless Gators one beat up slightly and one newer (which I only added when the older one started to turn right into the wind slightly.

The Gator is by far my most used disc for approaches and straight to slight hyzer drives up to about 225' and all windy days. Throw it hard and straight and it will then die at the basket and stay parked (minimal skip usually).

That buzzz should be good to 300+. No need for a 13 speed driver for 250.[/QUOTE

I forgot that I can't type sarcasitically. We need some kind of sarcasm emoticon. Sadly too many 13 speed stuff gets used from the short tees though

Last edited:
Currently in my bag I have a DX Roc paired up with a DX Stingray. But I may switch out the Stingray for a Panther or Meteor.

You could probably keep both the Stingray and Meteor; Meteors are way faster and smaller in diameter, kind of a 'tweener disc between mids and fairway drivers. Stingrays are great understable trick shot discs when "thoroughly seasoned", useful as a utility disc if not anything else.

Ive been throwing the Roc/Mako combo for a while now but recently switched out the Mako for the Panther. I picked up the Panther just because I was at PIAS and it was cheap. Im actually impressed with its ability to handle power but still hold Its lines.

I use a 178 Z-Hornet, a 175 ESP-Hornet, a 175 GLO-Buzzz, and a 173 Cryztal Buzzz. With these two molds, in four different plastics, I can cover all of the shots I throw within 290 ft.